We Love u Kevin! Nice reply! Much respect for running the Mobile Nations! Looked like fun!
    03-18-12 08:20 PM
    PS. I really wanted to finish my P'9981 review tonight but now you guys took up my time writing this!!!
    HAHAHAHA!!

Sleep is for the weak,
    anon(4018671) and CDM76 like this.
    03-18-12 08:32 PM

PS. I really wanted to finish my P'9981 review tonight but now you guys took up my time writing this!!!
    Make sure you enjoy some Edy's coffee ice cream. That's my favourite.
    03-18-12 08:38 PM
    So... Having an iPad is bad now?
    If he doesn't get an iPad how will he be any different than the people who say the PlayBook sucks while they have only used the iPad?

Do you want our fearless leader to be ignorant?

Use your mind, kid.
    03-18-12 08:49 PM
    Thought there was nothing left to say...

Kevin, What kind of ice cream are you having tonight? Perhaps...ice cream sandwich????? Buuhahahahahaha!
    03-18-12 08:55 PM
    We love you Kevin! I'm sorry that you got offended by some forum members. I just hate seeing people jump the gun and just insult you after what you have done for us.
    03-18-12 09:31 PM
    > Last year at CES I needed his help covering PlayBook, and he helped.

I covered PlayBook and Sony/Android at CES 2011, and Nokia/Microsoft/Lumia 900 at CES 2012, along with a bunch of Android and Windows Phone stuff at other shows over the years.

We all have our main sites, but we're human beings and we all help each other when/as needed.

Just because you flip burgers doesn't mean you can't help the fry guy out when he's swamped. Geez.
    03-18-12 09:40 PM
    > Last year at CES I needed his help covering PlayBook, and he helped.

I covered PlayBook and Sony/Android at CES 2011, and Nokia/Microsoft/Lumia 900 at CES 2012, along with a bunch of Android and Windows Phone stuff at other shows over the years.

We all have our main sites, but we're human beings and we all help each other when/as needed.

Just because you flip burgers doesn't mean you can't help the fry guy out when he's swamped. Geez.
    Oh how is pains me to do it but both thanks and Likes must be given to this class act post

Mobile nations is a team, you've got burger flippers, fry guys, order takers, and floor cleaners, everyone is helping eachother out, and it is good to see.
    03-18-12 09:44 PM
    Kevin can you do another podcast... With everyone or just blackberry.... Them shows are addictive lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 Device
    03-18-12 09:51 PM
    Fanboys at their worst, but I enjoyed their reactions though. Entertaining.
    03-18-12 10:01 PM
    And we're back. You can go first at RoShamBo but you have to go bare foot and I get to wear a cup.
    03-18-12 10:34 PM
    I think there should be a #1 fanboy mascot thats a sandwich, people like sandwiches. Does anyone remember how it did in the CEO vote?

I guess others disagree but I want leaders to be completely biased. You think Jobs woulda been ever seen useing a zune? Well, not the best example Either way, no big deal, as people have said, these are just devices.
    03-19-12 12:28 AM
    Oh damn - not only did we get Kevin proving what a class act he is (I wouldn't have been so nice, this whole thing is ridiculous), but Rene is in the house! From one Renee to another *waves*

Some of what went down in this thread just makes me sad for humanity.

Phonez. Serious bizness.

Sent from mah braiiiiinzzzz using
    Tapatalk
    Last edited by reeneebob; 03-19-12 at 12:41 AM.
    sashlon and pantlesspenguin like this.
    03-19-12 12:37 AM
    we should mark the trader with scars on his face and hit em in the balls with a hammer so there wont be anymore like em! str8 up! ADG
    03-19-12 05:36 AM
    I think there should be a #1 fanboy mascot thats a sandwich, people like sandwiches. Does anyone remember how it did in the CEO vote?

I guess others disagree but I want leaders to be completely biased. You think Jobs woulda been ever seen useing a zune? Well, not the best example Either way, no big deal, as people have said, these are just devices.
    It's got to be a ham sandwich!
    03-19-12 07:37 AM
    Kevin is the Chief Media Officer for Mobile Nations. His work is going to expand to the other MN sites as well.

Besides, since when does being a fan of one brand/product preclude you from liking or owning products from another company? It's a very close minded approach that essentially makes you a "brand redneck". How can you make educated decisions and truly know the pros and cons of your favored device when you've never owned or tried anything else?

Some of you guys take this stuff way too seriously...
    Sounds like to me your taking this way to seriously. These young minds feeling betrayed is only natural. BTW nothing wrong with being a redneck.
    There's nothing wrong with owning, reviewing or even promoting other products. People that has cross experance with other platforms and devices has a heavy opinion in the public eyes. If kevin where to sit down with CNN and talk about the good in BLackberrys only the CB nation would tak him seriously. But being what it is and kevin being known to promote all the plaforms his discusions carries weight. Just the fact that Kevin owns both reflects that Blackberry is just as good as Apple. That's all.
    03-19-12 08:58 AM
    Let's all play nice. Its OK to see the competition once and a while; it keeps you grounded. BB is not the only product out there and if you want to talk about why we like BB products, it would be nice to know something about the rest of the field. So lets all get along
    03-19-12 09:03 AM
    we should mark the trader with scars on his face and hit em in the balls with a hammer so there wont be anymore like em! str8 up! ADG
    Ouch!!!!! Harsh....
    03-19-12 09:04 AM
    Like what is the big deal.....

Exactly what kind of computers are they suppose do use... last time I looked it was either Mac or PC for business use... To my knowledge Blackberry does not make computers...

as for using IPad or IPhone... again who cares... Crackberry is at it's basis is a business first and promoting Blackbery second. It seems to be a successful we run
    business.....With the amount of references on the net to Crackberry I would think Kevin has and is doing a good job promoting the site and the product.....

I have a Blackberry Torch 9800, 2 Playbooks, Ipad, Ipod and Android tablet... I consider myself a Blackberry addict but just because I have and use other devices does not make me going to the "Dark Side"....

Blackberry is not an island unto itself nor should it be... Apple is trying that approach right now and it may be their downfall.......
    There is some great software available to businesses that run on Linux OSes. Depends what your needs are. Lots of companies and governments are now using open source software that run on Linux.
    03-19-12 09:56 AM
    At least Kevin is smart enough to stay abreast of the competition, wasn't it one of RIMs clowns that said they had never touched an iPhone, a year AFTER it's release?

If more people became more familiar with other devices we would have far fewer misinformed members to deal with.
    03-19-12 10:10 AM
    what? follow him where? to him posing as a ipad fanboy? how many times do i have to post his tweet..

" How I faked being an iPad fanboy: removed Panerai watch, took off Prada loafers. Put on @imore tshirt & Nikes. Said "retina display" a lot. "
    So bb users are pretentious twats while iOS users are more down to earth? Just asking based on the context of the tweet you keep re-posting.
    03-19-12 10:12 AM
    I can't believe Crackberry Kevin is being questioned for queue-ing up and getting an iPad. He is as mentioned the CMO of Mobile Nations, his part of his job to promote the sister sites as well.

He probably needs it to compare against the Playbook to dish out a stunning review.
    03-19-12 10:27 AM
    Seriously people, as much as I love this site and BB, granted I like my Android more currently. You need to get out more and enjoy life and not be so serious over a mobile device. Yes, I know many rely on them for their business and what not, but to come on this site and get upset is a little much really, especially over what our fearless leader uses.

I can careless what Kevin or anyone else uses. Whatever makes you happy, period!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk
    03-19-12 12:11 PM
    It's got to be a ham sandwich!
    I vote for pastrami sandwich!
    03-19-12 01:21 PM
    There is some great software available to businesses that run on Linux OSes. Depends what your needs are. Lots of companies and governments are now using open source software that run on Linux.
    Most of the big companies like Amazon run Linux servers. Amazon EC2 cloud is made up of almost half-a-million Linux servers | ZDNet

I would not be surprised if RIM runs Linux servers on its NOC.
    03-19-12 01:24 PM
255 ... 7891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD