Seems like the ones sticking up for Kevin are having more of a "meltdown." I just states my opinion as did those sticking up for him. Why then are we having a meltdown and the opposing side isn't?

Strange standards.
    You must be reading a different thread than I am.
    From the first post to yours, the ones who are most incensed are those who appear to feel that Kevin doing his job is some kind of capital crime.
    People change. They develop. They change their tastes, their needs. People change jobs and responsibilities.
    Not so long ago I was completely anti Android and you were completely for your Thunderbolt. Today I am happily using more than one platform and you are voicing dissatisfaction at Kevin blogging about buying an iPad.
    Strange standards indeed.
    03-18-12 01:55 PM
    I'm not upset about it. It doesn't really effect me at all. Just looking at how it is and stating it. And, I disagree. Some of the folks sticking up for Kevin are getting emotional based on their use of caps, !, and insults ( get a life etc).

Like I said, he's a businessman. CrackBerry came to be because of his passion for BlackBerry. However, I don't think that's why it was sold or ads added above and beyond what is needed to maintain the site.

It's purely business now. Disappointing?maybe a little. But True.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-18-12 01:57 PM
    I'm no iSheep, I'm no berrySheep, I'm no winSheep, I'm no droidSheep, I'm no badaSheep ...
    ... I'M ...
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yljbcRu3tiU[/YT]
    Some music is good for hot temper.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-18-12 01:59 PM
    From the first post to yours, the ones who are most incensed are those who appear to feel that Kevin doing his job is some kind of capital crime.
    People change. They develop. They change their tastes, their needs. People change jobs and responsibilities.
    Not so long ago I was completely anti Android and you were completely for your Thunderbolt. Today I am happily using more than one platform and you are voicing dissatisfaction at Kevin blogging about buying an iPad.
    Yeah I think you're right. The OP was definitely annoyed! I think it just seems to me that the others are getting more upset because there's more of the supporters of Kevin than the ones agreeing with the OP. And they do keep repeating get a life, Lol. As if we're not All silly for being on a phone forum.

I tried different platform, and I will again. But I'm not out making my living with one specific platform. You better belive when I worked at Verizon I used their service and I did think it was a good fit and great service.

But, I didn't make Verizon lime Kevin created CrackBerry either. There's a difference.

However, he didn't make BlackBerry, just a really awesome site for fans.
    03-18-12 02:01 PM
    Which do people listen to more, people that are biased or people who are unbiased? There are many threads regarding the outrage of dealing with "biased" cell phone reps who continually promote android devices and iPhones...yet now some bb fanboys are ready to burn Kevin at the stake because he's showing support for another platform? I don't get it...

I personally think he's doing the right thing for Mobile Nations. Think about it. When the next Playbook, BB10 phones, etc come out and people hear Kevin singing their praises, discussing features, making comparisons, etc people will say "Hey I know he's used the new iPad...but he's saying the Playbook excels in this this and this category! Might be worth checking out!" Now compare that to someone who is known for bias in one direction. People will say "Pshaw, he's just saying that because he doesn't know any better. He's saying this this and this in his review, but his comments make it obvious he's never used any competing products!"

Well played, Kevin, well played!
    03-18-12 02:02 PM
    I'm sure in due course Kevin will post his apologies or at least explain his rational for his actions. It's just sad that he didn't think through how this might affect his audience or possibly damage his credibility. Given the optics, how can one not help but think he might be covering his options.

Again, I'm still a Kevin fan....I've just lost the possibly naive notion that Kevin is the totally dedicated RIM supporter he claims to be.
    Let's see. Kevin oversees multiple sites, each delving into different smartphone/tablet platforms. But, in the name of unbiased, totally informed journalism, we expect him to only operate Blackberry devices. And, even though he oversees all of these sites, it's some kind of mortal sin that he was seen wearing an iMore t-shirt. Like he's only supposed to show support for one site by wearing a t-shirt -- the one that doesn't have any t-shirts! And we expect apologies?

I happily own a Blackberry. I also have an interest in the Galaxy Note, although I'm not likely to make any changes from the BB platform unless forced to. But I think what someone said earlier in the thread really applies. There's a bunch of us who really need to get out more. If RIM is going to go under because Kevin wore an iMore t-shirt, they're in worse trouble than even the trolls try to make us think. If some of us think the t-shirt is going to make that much difference, then some of us need to get a better grip on reality. And I love my Blackberry, but if it didn't exist, I'd make something else work for me the way I want it to. And as much as I'm planning on staying with Blackberry, I'd still live if it weren't around.
    03-18-12 02:04 PM
    Yes, Kevin is working for Mobile Nations now. He HAS to be equal. He isn't just in the CrackBerry business. He did sell out. No big deal, who wouldn't?

I bet he will be promoting the other platforms more in the future. Or whichever is more profitable at the time. That's business. I'm just saying I liked it more when he was really into BlackBerry and all things about.
    Sorry Chrisy, you don't know Kevin as well as you think you do.

For example, how many people do you know that owns not one, but TWO P'9981s... $2k phones, and Kevin has two of them. That doesn't show some level of being in the "CrackBerry business"? He must really not be "into BlackBerry" anymore, you're right.
    03-18-12 02:07 PM
    He's definitely doing the right thing for his business, Mobile Nations. I don't think anyone is disputing that.

What we are saying is that Kevin is no longer the "head couch" of the BlackBerry team, if you want to continue with the sports analogy.

It makes sense what he's doing. It just sucks for RIM, CrackBerry fans and BlackBerry fans. Because he WAS the biggest BlackBerry "fan boy" there was. He's moved on, and that's cool, a lot of us use different phones too.

It just isn't the same having the CrackBerry site creator rally for other platforms. He has to be equal now.

It was fun to root for your "team" and have competition and comparison, and have Kevin excited about BlackBerry.
    03-18-12 02:11 PM
    I love tech products. If I had the financial resources, I would love to own the latest: BlackBerry, Android, iOS and Windows Phone. It would be a blast to use all of them. I know that there are different features of each platform that I like better than features of other platforms. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to own and use a device from each platform.

I enjoy checking out various platforms and devices, though; and I find reviews from someone who uses all of them less biased than reviews from someone who only uses one particular platform.

For those of you who have seen me around here for a while, you probably remember some of the other avatars I've used in the past. Right now I'm using a SUSE Linux avatar, but that does not mean I hate Windows. I also use Windows, and I've used a Windows logo as my avatar in the past.
    pantlesspenguin and howarmat like this.
    03-18-12 02:12 PM
    Sorry Chrisy, you don't know Kevin as well as you think you do.

For example, how many people do you know that owns not one, but TWO P'9981s... $2k phones, and Kevin has two of them. That doesn't show some level of being in the "CrackBerry business"? He must really not be "into BlackBerry" anymore, you're right.
    Now c'mon. He bought those phone because he love BlackBerry or for good marketing of one of his sites?

If a gold iPhone came out, would he buy that? I don't know. I don't know him. But I would think yes for promotion.
    03-18-12 02:13 PM
    I love tech products. If I had the financial resources, I would love to own the latest: BlackBerry, Android, iOS and Windows Phone. It would be a blast to use all of them. I know that there are different features of each platform that I like better than features of other platforms. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to own and use a device from each platform.

I enjoy checking out various platforms and devices, though; and I find reviews from someone who uses all of them less biased than reviews from someone who only uses one particular platform.

For those of you who have seen me around here for a while, you probably remember some of the other avatars I've used in the past. Right now I'm using a SUSE Linux avatar, but that does not mean I hate Windows. I also use Windows, and I've used a Windows logo as my avatar in the past.
    I think the difference here is you didn't create a business out of your passion for a specific product, pour yourself into it, andwatch it take off and grow...and then move on.
    03-18-12 02:15 PM
    I think the difference here is you didn't create a business out of your passion for a specific product, pour yourself into it, andwatch it take off and grow...and then move on.
    Businesses do need to adapt and change if they wish to grow and survive.

A relative of mine owned a small business (this person is my mom's cousin). He grew the business to the point that it became large, and it even had a location in Canada, in addition to the location in Ohio. He ended up selling the business to an even larger company. Now he is retired. His children still have positions in the merged company, and the current business is still growing.
    03-18-12 02:21 PM
    I think that accusations of selling out, has there have been in past posts in this thread, are distasteful and out of place. I don't know the man, but from his blogs I feel that he is just simply a pragmatist. He has his personal preferences and he has his job. And he balances both.

People change. Stagnation is a bad thing. People who don't change are not alive. Rigid trogolodytes.

I still love my BBerries best. But I'm surprisingly joyful about my other platforms.
    03-18-12 02:21 PM
    For those of you not following along, here are Kevin's Twitter updates from that day:

And Chrisy, he got the P'9981s because he wanted them. He talks about them constantly, and not just for the publicity of it. He's told me like 15 times how much he looooves it, and likely anyone else that will listen.
    Those that really know Kevin know where his loyalties lie... and that is with BlackBerry and CrackBerry. *shrug*
    03-18-12 02:25 PM
    Sometimes people's passions change. Paul Allen and Bill Gates accomplished everything they wanted at Microsoft, and they moved on to new endeavors.
    03-18-12 02:25 PM
    Thanks for posting those Phishgirl, I'm not on the Twitters.

Q, no disprespect intinded towards him. I don't know him. I'm just participating in the discussion and giving my opinions. Selling out may have negatove connotations, but I meant it as selling for a profit. Not in a bad way.

And him jokingly saying he hopes CrackBerry Nation forgives him shows me he is aware of how others would perceive it. He seems smart.

He did what he had to do. I still enjoy CrackBerry and the podcasts. I just would love if he was able to be more "into" BlackBerry like he was in the beginning.

That's all.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-18-12 at 02:31 PM.
    NFLPLAYBOOK likes this.
    03-18-12 02:28 PM
    For those of you not following along, here are Kevin's Twitter updates from that day:
    Click to view quoted image

And Chrisy, he got the P'9981s because he wanted them. He talks about them constantly, and not just for the publicity of it. He's told me like 15 times how much he looooves it, and likely anyone else that will listen.
    Those that really know Kevin know where his loyalties lie... and that is with BlackBerry and CrackBerry. *shrug*
    We can forgive you Kevin. We just need a sign. A stress test or microwave test will do.
    03-18-12 03:00 PM
    I honestly think its fine if he uses other devices, he is the CMO. But I think its time we elect a new 'fearless BB leader' since kevin has moved onto a larger role. It can be like when there was polls on here about who should be the new CEO of rim, and i think a sandwich did pretty well. This will help avoid giving more ammo for the trolls casue I can hear them already saying 'well look at kevin, hes wearing apple stuff and uses an ipad'.
    Yeah. The trolls. Because its not the CB 'faithful' that turned on him like it was the Ides of March.

Unbelievable.

Sent from my Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-18-12 03:21 PM
    Yea, you go check in at the yacht club. The rest of us will hold down what's left of the fort.
    You need to ratchet down the rhetoric.

03-18-12 03:22 PM
    We should start a New Country where all your allowed to use are RIM products. Would that be kinda like a Communist Country??? Don't know much about that stuff,so just asking.
    03-18-12 03:23 PM
    This.

Also, did I miss where Kevin stopped being all about BB? Did I not get that memo? Does HE know he doesn't like BB anymore? Lol

03-18-12 03:26 PM
    Ah, now I see. This is all a devious plot by the CB founder to get more twitter followers... Or maybe Kevin's ploy was aimed at creating a forum posting riot to test a new Crackberry hosting server. Well played sir.. Well played. Yay! It stopped raining, time to go play outside.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-18-12 03:54 PM
    Guys,
    To provide an educated comparison of various products and assess competitiveness he needs to have pretty much one of each.
    I think he has stated he already has one of each and he likes BB best.

I am a HUGE BB fan and I look at other products all the time. In fact, it is after looking at other products that I reaffirm my love for BB.

This is a nothing burger to me.

Here is one example:
    If you side load the Kindle app on the PB, you can go to the store and buy and download a book but if you click on the Kindle App on iPad you can't go to the store. If you read the reviews on the iPad it is clear many hate this but they are already stuck with it.
    You would not be able to make those assessments if you did not have competitor products.
    One thing that frustrates me about CB but in the end is a good thing is that when there is some bad they call BB on it. It is part of the improvement process.
    03-18-12 04:02 PM
    I felt heartbroken and betrayed when I found out Kevin subsisted on foods other than blackberries...

How could he? What's next? Maybe he'll stop wearing Crackberry tighty-whities?

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-18-12 04:05 PM
    This isn't a democracy.

Ah. So what you're saying is Kevin is expected to behave in such a way that nothing he ever does might get posted on this site in a discussion forum? Really? That doesn't even sound rational, much less reasonable. It would be one thing if he posted a news item saying he was dumping PlayBooks for iPads and taking a job in Apple corporate, but this? Seriously, some of you need a big heaping dose of perspective.
    I don't expect Kevin to do anything. He is free to do whatever he thinks is best.

I might also suggest that a healthy dose of perspective might be helpful in your own case......
    03-18-12 04:09 PM
255 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD