Just my opinion that when something becomes more about money than passion, it isn't near as good.

I don't think anyone would argue that CrackBerry was more fun, enjoyable, exciting and helpful in 2007-2008/9ish.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    03-18-12 10:26 AM
    Reading your post is like listening to Eminem's "Stan"...
    LOL... hilarious!
    03-18-12 10:42 AM
    Just my opinion that when something becomes more about money than passion, it isn't near as good.

I don't think anyone would argue that CrackBerry was more fun, enjoyable, exciting and helpful in 2007-2008/9ish.
    Before the Storm released, CrackBerry was incredible.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-18-12 10:59 AM
    This has gotta be the only site of the mobile nations where the users would be called whiners, to chill, and its not a big deal. Can you imagine Phil from Android central wearing a BB shirt? I wanna see it.
    Or Rene wearing a CB shirt, holding and promoting the new PB when it comes out. That's my only issue, why don't the other site editors promote BlackBerry as well? It's fine for Kevin to promote MN, just have those other yahoos support us as well.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    03-18-12 11:10 AM
    I know this is a very complicated thing to wrap your mind around, but only one person in Mobile Nations has this signature:

Occupation
    Founder, Editor in Chief of CrackBerry.com and Chief Media Officer of Mobile Nations
    Promoting all the sites is Kevin's job. He does it well if you ask me, while still continuing to be the #1 CrackBerry fanboi.
    03-18-12 11:32 AM
    Or Rene wearing a CB shirt, holding and promoting the new PB when it comes out. That's my only issue, why don't the other site editors promote BlackBerry as well? It's fine for Kevin to promote MN, just have those other yahoos support us as well.
    They have all helped the others cover events when necessary. I have seen Phil help Kevin, Rene has helped as well. It's just a shirt.

Sent from my Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-18-12 11:59 AM
    They have all helped the others cover events when necessary. I have seen Phil help Kevin, Rene has helped as well. It's just a shirt.

Sent from my Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    I don't even see the need to justify anything to the Annie Wilkes here.

If you can't wrap your noodles around it, like the say uptown:

"Kick Rocks! Son!"
    03-18-12 12:20 PM
    Kevin sold out. Can't blame him, there's more money in Mobile Nations than just CrackBerry.

It is disappointing though, but oh well.

I do wonder if he still uses a BlackBerry primarily.

I don't feel he must have any loyalty. It just seemed CrackBerry was better it was the creators passion.

But things always change.
    Not sure if serious...
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-18-12 12:35 PM
    "Mobile Nations" was the sellout. The rest is just fraternizing with the enemy (apple & google), par for the course.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-18-12 12:38 PM
    I can personally assure you. Kevin always has his BlackBerry active and within reach.

Must have been some heavy drinking yesterday.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-18-12 12:41 PM
    *ahem*
    Smartphone Experts t-shirts

(And no, no CrackBerry ones. There's some long story why, I don't know the details. Maybe someday.)
    I noticed the store is still selling webOS shirts, despite the fact that the platform is pretty much dead and buried.

The store also still has TiPB shirts, but not iMore shirts. There are no wpCentral shirts and no CB shirts.

Is there any chance of a "fire-sale" on the TiPB and webOS shirts?

Will CB and wpCentral shirts be added?
    03-18-12 12:44 PM
    Look at the pillow next to him. 'Nuff said.
    Last edited by AugustArborists; 03-18-12 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Added.
    03-18-12 12:45 PM
    * waits for Kevin to address the cb nation and give us free stuff *

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 Device
    Last edited by mervinking; 03-18-12 at 01:00 PM.
    03-18-12 12:52 PM
    I don't think so. As the leader of crackberry you stand firm and strong on the issue, not flip flop around. That's how wars are lost. This site is turning out to be a joke. Crackberry headquarters uses apple computers, now ipads and i am sure he has an iphone too.
    a war? about phones?

you seriously need to get out more.

without a smartphone.

it's crap like this that makes me thankful i don't have a basement. or a mother.

i'm going sailing. outside. in water. you have fun with your dungeons and dragons club.
    03-18-12 01:06 PM
    a war? about phones?

you seriously need to get out more.

without a smartphone.

it's crap like this that makes me thankful i don't have a basement. or a mother.

i'm going sailing. outside. in water. you have fun with your dungeons and dragons club.
    Don't forget your waterproof baggie with floatation. Ya might miss something.
    03-18-12 01:13 PM
    Yea, you go check in at the yacht club. The rest of us will hold down what's left of the fort.
    03-18-12 01:15 PM
    I honestly think its fine if he uses other devices, he is the CMO. But I think its time we elect a new 'fearless BB leader' since kevin has moved onto a larger role. It can be like when there was polls on here about who should be the new CEO of rim, and i think a sandwich did pretty well. This will help avoid giving more ammo for the trolls casue I can hear them already saying 'well look at kevin, hes wearing apple stuff and uses an ipad'.
    03-18-12 01:31 PM
    iPads are better than Playbooks, I'm sorry, just deal with it.
    03-18-12 01:36 PM
    Let me first say I'm a big Kevin fan. I think he is a great ambassador for Blackberry and quite frankly a huge unpaid resource RIM. I also fully understand Kevin's need to be a more universal tech commenter in his Mobile Nations role.

Its just that over time he intentionally set himself up as a totally biased and uncompromising Blackberry fanboy and I found it somewhat shocking to see him helping Apple sell iPads. This is especially painful give RIM's current state of affairs with the massive defections now underway. I think Kevin should have been a little more sensitive to CrackBerry fans who come to this site for a totally RIM biased experienced. It's like a shelter from the daily flood of negativity and bashing as is the one place were RIM fans and users can gather to celebrate the brand without recrimination or personal attacks.

I'm sure in due course Kevin will post his apologies or at least explain his rational for his actions. It's just sad that he didn't think through how this might affect his audience or possibly damage his credibility. Given the optics, how can one not help but think he might be covering his options.

Again, I'm still a Kevin fan....I've just lost the possibly naive notion that Kevin is the totally dedicated RIM supporter he claims to be.
    Last edited by EchoTango; 03-18-12 at 01:43 PM.
    Chrisy, bigbmc26 and maddie1128 like this.
    03-18-12 01:38 PM
    I can't believe there's 10 pages over this topic ... You guys seriously need a break, just breathe a little and have ... a ... real ... life ?
    Do you beat your wife of husband when she/he looks at someone else eyes ?
    Oh my ...
    reeneebob likes this.
    03-18-12 01:43 PM
    What is this angst and drama about?!?! Kevin has a *job* to do for Mobile Nations. He's doing it.

Are you people having a meltdown because of the piece of plastic and glass a person happens to be holding at any point in time?!?!? Seriously?!?!?! An APOLOGY for using a tablet?!?!?!?
    03-18-12 01:43 PM
    I honestly think its fine if he uses other devices, he is the CMO. But I think its time we elect a new 'fearless BB leader' since kevin has moved onto a larger role. It can be like when there was polls on here about who should be the new CEO of rim, and i think a sandwich did pretty well. This will help avoid giving more ammo for the trolls casue I can hear them already saying 'well look at kevin, hes wearing apple stuff and uses an ipad'.
    C'mon ... "we" ?
    What "WE"; the hundred posts' user community ???
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-18-12 at 01:48 PM.
    03-18-12 01:44 PM
    Seems like the ones sticking up for Kevin are having more of a "meltdown." I just stated my opinion as did those sticking up for him. Why then are we having a meltdown and the opposing side isn't?

Strange standards.

Yes, Kevin is working for Mobile Nations now. He HAS to be equal. He isn't just in the CrackBerry business. He did sell out. No big deal, who wouldn't?

I bet he will be promoting the other platforms more in the future. Or whichever is more profitable at the time. That's business. I'm just saying I liked it more when he was really into BlackBerry and all things about.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-18-12 at 01:52 PM.
    03-18-12 01:46 PM
    I honestly think its fine if he uses other devices, he is the CMO. But I think its time we elect a new 'fearless BB leader' since kevin has moved onto a larger role.
    This isn't a democracy.

I think Kevin should have been a little more sensitive to CrackBerry fans who come to this site for a totally RIM biased experienced.
    Ah. So what you're saying is Kevin is expected to behave in such a way that nothing he ever does might get posted on this site in a discussion forum? Really? That doesn't even sound rational, much less reasonable. It would be one thing if he posted a news item saying he was dumping PlayBooks for iPads and taking a job in Apple corporate, but this? Seriously, some of you need a big heaping dose of perspective.
    03-18-12 01:49 PM
    Seems like the ones sticking up for Kevin are having more of a "meltdown." I just states my opinion as did those sticking up for him. Why then are we having a meltdown and the opposing side isn't?

Strange standards.
    I think it's that the people sticking up for Kevin are offering a collective "who cares," while the people upset with him seem to be lacking perspective. If you're disappointed that Kevin is doing his job as CMO of a conglomerate of websites, that's fine, but to fall into the "us vs them" and "it's a war" stuff is just way over the top for something that is a minor issue, if that.
    DenverRalphy and reeneebob like this.
    03-18-12 01:52 PM
255 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD