Please give me the one reason. Even blackberry hub I found is nothing but the wastage of battery.
    10-10-18 08:45 AM
    People use what they want to use and prefer. What more reason matters? It's why there are hundreds of cars, phones, laptops, music services, etc etc etc to choose from.
    10-10-18 11:09 AM
    I never understood the war of phones. people get really upset about this but in the end of the day does it matter what phone another person uses?
    10-10-18 12:39 PM
    Please give me the one reason.
    Because I like them.
    10-10-18 02:14 PM
    Please give me the one reason. Even blackberry hub I found is nothing but the wastage of battery.
    Since u mentioned the hub I'll focus on this.

First thing.. There's nothing like the Hub on Android. No stock app or third party alternatives so there's no competition.

Secondly.. As an email app, nothing compares to the Hub in my opinion. The Gmail app has no mark to read from the lockscreen. On top of that.. It offers the default Archive that makes no sense + it's a max of two options. You also can't snooze an email from the lockscreen.. It has to be when in the app and it doesn't even offer location based snoozing. U can't select all emails with one action to delete or mark as read/unread etc.. U can only select one by one. That is probably the most annoying thing ever.

There are no configurable swipe gestures like the two finger gesture in the hub. No black theme. To make matters worse.. When in the app the default is the Gmail Inbox. That's fine but why they won't allow us to have the "All Inboxes" as default is just beyond me. U can't configure the LED.. It's red or nothing. Trying to use your Outlook account in the Gmail app only allows scheduled sync.. With the Hub it offers Push.

I can go on forever but I'll let u respond if u think u have a point.
    Last edited by naijab0y; 10-14-18 at 12:43 PM.
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    10-14-18 12:28 PM
    I got your point. Thanks. But what about the other apps like calendar, contacts?
    10-14-18 12:44 PM
    I got your point. Thanks. But what about the other apps like calendar, contacts?
    Well I have tried Google contacts, Keep Notes, Tasks and Calendar. Contacts does not work with the Hub so Uninstalled it. Keep and Tasks only synced with Gmail whereas BlackBerry Tasks and Notes synced with both Outlook.com and Microsoft Exchange and.. Local to the device. As such, for me they were better. Google Calendar was good but one thing I could not understand is it doesn't provide a snooze option from the notifications shade or lockscreen. BlackBerry calendar on the otherhand does.. So again I use the BlackBerry versions.

There's no Privacy Shade substitute. Heard there are Redactor substitutes but no point as it sure won't integrate like the BlackBerry own version.

I use a Key² now but when I was using the Priv and Dtek60.. I tried Gboard and other keyboards. They were really good but.. Delete to swipe, swipe to select words and other BlackBerry own features I'd already grown used to so they just didn't cut it.

On the Key² there's also BlackBerry own calculator that has a forex, weight and length converter built in.. I deleted the android stock own as such.

All these are my views tho.. When u look on a site like Android Central and they talk about best email apps for instance.. It's always Gmail that's best and some popular others on the list.. Never a mention of the Hub. As such.. It's all down to the user preference or what they're used to. Thus, my advice is to u use all the alternatives u feel like but make sure u give the BlackBerry options a good run or else, like majority of android users who don't and won't even try BlackBerry apps at all.. You'll never know how good it's software really is.
    Last edited by naijab0y; 10-14-18 at 02:50 PM.
    nevilleadaniels and moosbb like this.
    10-14-18 02:26 PM
    Well I have tried Google contacts, Keep Notes, Tasks and Calendar. Contacts does not work with the Hub so Uninstalled it. Keep and Tasks only synced with Gmail whereas BlackBerry Tasks and Notes synced with both Outlook.com and Microsoft Exchange and.. Local to the device. As such, for me they were better. Google Calendar was good but one thing I could not understand is it doesn't provide a snooze option from the notifications shade or lockscreen. BlackBerry calendar on the otherhand does.. So again I use the BlackBerry versions.

There's no Privacy Shade substitute. Heard there are Redactor substitutes but no point as it sure won't integrate like the BlackBerry own version.

I use a Key² now but when I was using the Priv and Dtek60.. I tried Gboard and other keyboards. They were really good but.. Delete to swipe, swipe to select words and other BlackBerry own features I'd already grown used to so they just didn't cut it.

On the Key² there's also BlackBerry own calculator that has a forex, weight and length converter built in.. I deleted the android stock own as such.

All these are my views tho.. When u look on a site like Android Central and they talk about best email apps for instance.. It's always Gmail that's best and some popular others on the list.. Never a mention of the Hub. As such.. It's all down to the user preference or what they're used to. Thus, my advice is to u use all the alternatives u feel like but make sure u give the BlackBerry options a good run or else, like majority of android users who don't and won't even try BlackBerry apps at all.. You'll never know how good it's software really is.
    Thanks for this. I have just loaded BlackBerry calendar onto BlackBerry keyone, nice job.

Is there a link for linking tasks or notes to outlook.com
    10-14-18 03:30 PM
    Thanks for this. I have just loaded BlackBerry calendar onto BlackBerry keyone, nice job.

Is there a link for linking tasks or notes to outlook.com
    If u already have an outlook.com account set up in the hub u should already see it integrated under Accounts when u slid the pane with setting etc out like in the pic. On mine Colt is my work exchange account and the Outlook is my normal Outlook.com.
    Attached Thumbnails Why use BlackBerryapps as there are similar preinstalled apps already available on andriod?-58481.jpg  
    10-14-18 03:36 PM
    If u already have an outlook.com account set up in the hub u should already see it integrated under Accounts when u slid the pane with setting etc out like in the pic. On mine Colt is my work exchange account and the Outlook is my normal Outlook.com.
    I shall try to set up Outlook again I could not do it before but I believe there's been a few changes since then
    10-14-18 03:39 PM
    I like the UI BlackBerry uses over stock. Google apps are getting updates making them more round and kiddy looking, BlackBerry has hard lines and looks like it's more for business.
    UI tweaks make sense, and flow.

Like others have said, Hub and BlackBerry Keyboard are one of a kind and fantastic.
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    10-14-18 04:27 PM