Hey everyone Brand new here, just bought my blackberry bold 9650 today. It came with blackberry 5 and all of the research I have done on blackberry 6 both before my purchase which was several weeks, and after my purchase, I have come to the conclussion that blackberry 6 is basically for touch screen models. I mean there are one or two things that would fit with non-touch screen but my question is...
    Is upgrading to Blackberry 6 really worth it since I do not have a touchscreen model?
    04-03-11 03:44 AM
    Overall yes, I did go back to OS5 twice on my 9700 but eventually settled on OS6. Browsing is a lot better, there's now search within every menu, universal search, sync your itunes to your phone via wifi, more camera options, emails can be grouped by subject(helps me a lot)
    I would say go for it. I am not going back to OS5 anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-11 04:33 AM
    Right now my daughter is playing on my laptop and I'm downloading a few podcasts as I type from the other room. This is definitely the best feature of OS6. No need for the usb cable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-11 04:50 AM
    I have a 9780 and I love os 6 it's much more useful than when I had my 9700. Everything is smoother and easier to use and the browsing is miles better.
    04-03-11 06:46 AM
    OS6 is faster, prettier, and the browser is better.
    04-03-11 09:28 AM
    imppy pretty much nailed it for me. Faster, nicer looking and easy to browse on compared to OS 5. I also like the notifications system. Being able to click and see a drop down menu is awesome.
    04-03-11 02:32 PM
    They Style has always had OS6. That said, it doesn't seem to lack any for not having a touchscreen, and neither does the OS. It feels perfectly natural as a non-touchscreen OS. I have heard the claims that OS6 is really not right for non-touchscreens, but I don't buy it at all. Maybe for reviewers who always use touchscreens more than anything else it does. I think they'd feel that way on a non-touchscreen device no matter what the OS.
    04-03-11 03:40 PM
    I was a little hesitant about OS 6. And I was completely in love with OS 5, but now that I have had some time with OS 6, I wouldn't want to go back. It is awesome.
    04-04-11 03:57 PM
    I liked OS6 better than 5. There are notable improvements which have been mentioned. It works fine with the non-touchscreen devices
    04-04-11 04:03 PM
    I was a little hesitant about OS 6. And I was completely in love with OS 5, but now that I have had some time with OS 6, I wouldn't want to go back. It is awesome.
    I liked OS6 better than 5. There are notable improvements which have been mentioned. It works fine with the non-touchscreen devices

These. os6 is really intuitive and easy to use. I have used it on the torch and yes it is amazing with tough, but on the torch there is the option to use the trackpad and it works just as well, albeit differently (obviously.)

Faster, easier, more options. <3
    04-04-11 04:08 PM
    Best thing to say is don't be scared of change and give it a try. You can always downgrade back to 5.0. IMO it's way better than 5.0.
    04-04-11 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD