Just wondering why thread ratings are anonymous.
    It seems like they shouldn't be.
    02-05-12 05:34 PM
    Good question. I am going to guess the same reason we dont have a "dislike" button. We dont need anymore "personal" conflict than already goes on in the forum
    02-05-12 06:13 PM
    Good question. I am going to guess the same reason we dont have a "dislike" button. We dont need anymore "personal" conflict than already goes on in the forum
    [ dislike ]
    02-05-12 06:14 PM
    Are you suggesting there is no expectation of privacy on a public forum that is privately owned? Perhaps a summer internship with the aclu will give you ideas on how to further erode our most basic of free speech rights.
    02-05-12 06:16 PM
    Lol!
    American law wouldn't apply to this forum even if it was owned by the govt cuz it's a Canadian owned site
    02-05-12 06:19 PM
    lol derusett

In all the forums i have been on i have never really paid any attention at all on the thread ratings. The titles are FAR more of a reason to make me click on a thread than the rating.
    02-05-12 06:20 PM
    I was thinking a dislike button might avoid some of that conflict as some may use it instead of posting a like response but maybe not.
    02-05-12 06:21 PM
    I gave this thread a one star rating because it is posted in the wrong area of the forum.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-05-12 06:22 PM
    Lol!
    American law wouldn't apply to this forum even if it was owned by the govt cuz it's a Canadian owned site
    In case you aren't aware, internships with the aclu are open to foreign law students as well.
    02-05-12 06:25 PM
    In case you aren't aware, internships with the aclu are open to foreign law students as well.
    What does that have to do with whether or not American law would apply to the forum?
    At any rate, the ACLU would no more want me than I would want to work for them.

now stop trying to derail the thread
    02-05-12 06:28 PM
    Ratings for threads should be anonymous, it's better anyways.
    02-05-12 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD