Checked out prices of the Dtec 50s and 60s today in Spain and the UKn and the prices haven't gone down. still 300€ and 600€ respectively. I'd be happy to get one of these at a knocked down price, but 600€ gets you a new S7 edge for pete's sake.
    What's going on?
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    08-10-17 03:15 PM
    When I had a look the Dtek 60 was going for around 300 pounds in the UK, used. In some countries people think they are selling gold. For instance passport in greece go for 250-300 euro! All you have to do is let them have it and buy from elsewhere!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-17 03:28 PM
    Why should they sell them cheaper?

Only BlackBerry fans are going to buy them anyway, and it's not like their "cost" for those devices has gone down.... as they have been out of production for almost a year. Only reason to drop prices is if they wanted to clear out stock, and I suspect that for now BlackBerry wants to keep some devices on the market other than just the KEYone. More for appearance sake....

Besides they are almost gone anyway.... Here in the US BlackBerry links to Amazon. DETK60 is out of stock and the site "says" there are only nine DTEK50 left. Those are the official links, there are others and other sellers around the world.... but I doubt any of them have much stock at this point.
    08-10-17 03:30 PM
    No need to discount quality devices. Look at Samsung how they discount heavily their S8 and 8+.
    08-10-17 03:47 PM
    No need to discount quality devices. Look at Samsung how they discount heavily their S8 and 8+.

Exactly. The S8s are not discounted yet, but you can pay for them interest free. The DTEKs have been discontinued. The DTEK 60 is not at the spec level of a S7edge but is more expensive. It's a rebadged, discontinued Alcatel Idol clone with Blackberry apps and irregular security updates .

Dopr prices. Clear stock. Get them into people's hands, not just sitting sadly on shelves.

To be honest, I'm only annoyed because I would've bought one if they were at a discounted price to have as an extra phone.

And more people might try one if they were priced more competitively.

There are A LOT of choices at great prices like the 169€ I paid for my new Samsung J6 5.5 (2016) interim phone. Similar specs to the DTEK 50 but over 100€ cheaper.

I'm still waiting for the KEYone on contract and getting impatient. But that builds character!!
    08-10-17 04:42 PM
    Exactly. The S8s are not discounted yet, but you can pay for them interest free. The DTEKs have been discontinued. The DTEK 60 is not at the spec level of a S7edge but is more expensive. It's a rebadged, discontinued Alcatel Idol clone with Blackberry apps and irregular security updates .

Dopr prices. Clear stock. Get them into people's hands, not just sitting sadly on shelves.

To be honest, I'm only annoyed because I would've bought one if they were at a discounted price to have as an extra phone.

And more people might try one if they were priced more competitively.

There are A LOT of choices at great prices like the 169€ I paid for my new Samsung J6 5.5 (2016) interim phone. Similar specs to the DTEK 50 but over 100€ cheaper.

I'm still waiting for the KEYone on contract and getting impatient. But that builds character!!
    As I said Samsung S8 and 8+ YES is discounted.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/ianmorr...g#2ead7fbf1365
    I don't compare BlackBerry devices to other Android devices that can be rooted. To date nobody has successfully rooted a BlackBerry Android device.
    Good luck in waiting for price drop.
    PHughes likes this.
    08-10-17 04:53 PM
    As I said Samsung S8 and 8+ YES is discounted.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/ianmorr...g#2ead7fbf1365
    I don't compare BlackBerry devices to other Android devices that can be rooted. To date nobody has successfully rooted a BlackBerry Android device.
    Good luck in waiting for price drop.
    Great news on the S8s but hasn't happened yet in Spain. All the more reason why the BB Android mobiles could do the same.
    The pity and the loss is to those who'd like to buy a BB branded device at a competitive price, not just true believer fan boys and girls.
    08-10-17 04:57 PM
    Quality current BlackBerry devices not meant for all markets. There are cheaper other brands available.
    And you always have the option to purchase at a good price BlackBerry devices at eglobalcentral.com.es
    So if you really want it you can get it.
    Or keep on waiting thinking the price will drop like on competitor devices...probably in a couple years. In the meantime enjoying in Spain my PRIV and my KEYONE! good luck
    08-10-17 05:19 PM
    Quality current BlackBerry devices not meant for all markets. There are cheaper other brands available.
    And you always have the option to purchase at a good price BlackBerry devices at eglobalcentral.com.es
    So if you really want it you can get it.
    Or keep on waiting thinking the price will drop like on competitor devices...probably in a couple years. In the meantime enjoying in Spain my PRIV and my KEYONE! good luck
    Predictable.
    Actually, I've just found that the DTEKs have dropped at CPW in the UK. The D60 considerably:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=f0MikfI0 350gbp unlocked
    That's 385 euros compared to FNAC spin off site at 571€
    https://www.fnac.es/BlackBerry-DTEK6...ovil/a1311112#
    Now, that is a bloody good discount.
    About time as the DTEK60 and KEYone were the same price in the UK. How mad is that?

And the DTEK 50 is now 189GBP or 204euros. Pity, I think I would've bought this at that price a few weeks back when I got the SJ7.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=-gY4xuLI

So the prices ARE dropping and the waiting is over apparently, just not in FNAC Spain.
    You are buying a phone that won't get an upgraded OS, so the price drop is justified.

I would be tempted if it weren't for the KEYone or the Krypton.
    Last edited by mrsimon; 08-11-17 at 03:25 AM.
    08-10-17 05:33 PM
    Checked out prices of the Dtec 50s and 60s today in Spain and the UKn and the prices haven't gone down. still 300€ and 600€ respectively. I'd be happy to get one of these at a knocked down price, but 600€ gets you a new S7 edge for pete's sake.
    What's going on?
    Because they are limiting supply, so there is no dumping. Also retailers are not buying large amounts just sales to orders. Its good in one sense and bad at the other end as must higher quality phones are now much cheaper......
    08-12-17 01:14 PM
    Predictable.
    Actually, I've just found that the DTEKs have dropped at CPW in the UK. The D60 considerably:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=4zymw90K 350gbp unlocked
    That's 385 euros compared to FNAC spin off site at 571€
    https://www.fnac.es/BlackBerry-DTEK6...ovil/a1311112#
    Now, that is a bloody good discount.
    About time as the DTEK60 and KEYone were the same price in the UK. How mad is that?

And the DTEK 50 is now 189GBP or 204euros. Pity, I think I would've bought this at that price a few weeks back when I got the SJ7.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=wjdxgYJR

So the prices ARE dropping and the waiting is over apparently, just not in FNAC Spain.
    You are buying a phone that won't get an upgraded OS, so the price drop is justified.

I would be tempted if it weren't for the KEYone or the Krypton.
    On ebay.es you have leaps from 70€ and passport for less them 150€
    I die for you passport but this is the second with problems ... The proximity sensor its not working
    Its one hell of a device
    08-12-17 03:23 PM
    These are legacy devices and a different topic. we 're talking dtek here
    08-12-17 03:43 PM