I answered the question truthfully. No need to poke fun or resort to the inevitable "tin foil hat" replies.
    Forgive me, but I have a very hard time believing that you believe what you posted.

For the sake of conversation, do you believe that BBRY's fortunes are as a result of hating sheeple guided by spy government and competing platforms?
    10-17-13 04:36 PM
    I'm beginning to think the conspiracy theorists are being paid to post by CBK, because there is no way they believe the comedy they post. That rant against the moderators was just slick gamesmanship meant to throw us of the scent.
    Well, it is true that I'm paid to be here to get the site hits and generate revenue for its principals. And just for the record, I'm one of the most blatant moderator asskissers here.
    Savior4Life likes this.
    10-17-13 04:38 PM
    If anything, the bitterness probably comes from disappointed Blackberry users or people who lost money betting on BBRY. One of the consequences of building up expectations is bitterness if people are being let down. You can only say "BB10 will amaze everyone" so much or "look for BBRY to go up from here" or "BBM is really going to impress" so many times before people will be disappointed.

The rest of us don't really have anything to be bitter about. Blackberry never did anything to me and I really never had any expectations of it.
    10-17-13 04:43 PM
    For the sake of conversation, do you believe that BBRY's fortunes are as a result of hating sheeple guided by spy government and competing platforms?
    Not its fortunes; the money in its bank account is from the Blackberry faithful, the BlackBerry enthusiast, enterprise and the intelligent consumers. Their misfortunes are a result of government and the competing platforms' pr firms each doing what it does best: violating one of God's commandments, You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. The hating sheeple? Well, they're so stupid they easily could be persuaded to hate their own grandmothers.
    richardat likes this.
    10-17-13 04:45 PM
    Anyways, I was glad for Murray when he won his first slam and shed the choker label.....in terms of likeability, I'll take him over Federer or Djokovic any day!
    Murray is quite good and he wins me over with his sincerity, as displayed during his 2012 Wimbeldon Final Loss, but I find his overall attitude quite dour.
    Djokovic is my fav at the moment. I've always liked players that excel yet still have enough humility to not take themselves too seriously. Love Santoro back in the day.

As for the OP's query, It's mainly momentum that has been building up over the years. Blackberry didn't really do itself any favors either but many in the US used them only because there was no other option.

That's changed now, and most have no problem throwing Blackberry under the bus. Heck it's not even an American company so they really have no vested stake in supporting the company let alone defending it while it was getting trashed.
    10-17-13 04:45 PM
    No, 1) the spy government and 2) the other platforms & financiers each have their specific reasons. The paid posters and mainstream media press minions are simply the tools. The masses of BlackBerry haters are merely sheeple, easily swayed and lead to hate.
    Most hilarious thing I've read all day, you should have your own sub forum on Crackberry.com with these theories
    h20work and Etios like this.
    10-17-13 04:59 PM
    Americans don't hate the phone, they hate the name because it's racist, just like Redskins :-)
    10-17-13 05:02 PM
    I am an American and I love my Z10. Out in the real world, I don't see hatred of BlackBerry. Mostly I see indifference. Sometimes I see surprise that BlackBerry is still making phones. People do not understand that BB10 is not the same as the old OS.

The comments that you see on CrackBerry are not representative of the public at large. Here you see both extremes, those who love BlackBerry and those who hate Blackberry. As for myself, I am looking forward to my next BB Phone when the Z30 comes to Verizon.
    10-17-13 05:19 PM
    I'd say there's something of a seige mentality in this community. We've gone a long time without a lot of good news. Being the Internet, there are people out there who don't hesitate to take advantage of such a situation to stir up drama.

I don't see the question exactly the same way the OP does, but I do wonder why anyone might cheer BlackBerry's demise. I'd swear some sentiments expressed around here express a lot of satisfaction around that. Is it a "see, I told you so!" mentality?
    10-17-13 05:30 PM
    Simple answer. And the phrase was coined in America.

"Haters gonna' hate".

Z10 10.2.0.1767 via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-17-13 05:32 PM
    As an American... can you please point out these mass cases of "Incredibly bitter vitriol" directed at Blackberry by Americans? Cuz I'm not seeing it. And as an American, I'm getting really tired of these threads.

[edit]As an aside... please demonstrate how it's an American thing specifically, since you're under the impression that we Americans are the culprit.
    10-17-13 05:33 PM
    I'm aware that the brand has a bad rep all over the world, largely because of the 'peer pressure' and 'I think this way because I heard other people saying it' phenomena, alongside the fact that a lot of people haven't been keeping up with BlackBerry phones since 5 years ago (i.e. since they got their first iPhone and the 'magic' has blinded them ever since).

However in America, the hatred boils up into a hellish white heat of frenzy. Americans are absolutely bitter and demoniacally hateful against the brand, I mean you wouldn't even be as hateful to somebody who robbed your own grandmother. It is truly shocking. And many of them hang out on these very forums and post bitter, hateful angry rants at every opportunity they get, day in and day out with astonishing regularity and predictability, and they are totally protected and encouraged by the moderators! Why is this so?

I know that they love and worship Apple but come on ... is it sane to be so full of HATRED?
    Because Blackberry is arrogant and some of its users are arrogant too. Enough with Blackberry users are smart and all others are stupid ..for your information most of the Blackberry users did not choose the devices but they were given to them by their employers and if you look closer you will see that most of those users personal phones are not Blackberry.
    Blackberry arrogance is well known and do not bode well in the US..last straw is their bogus public letter laden with lies like " we have the best productive tools" and yet there is not a single business oriented app available for BB10, the only one you can get are those you can steal(oops sideload) from Google.
    And do not get me started on all rubbish phones we had to deal for years
    10-17-13 05:37 PM
    I'm aware that the brand has a bad rep all over the world, largely because of the 'peer pressure' and 'I think this way because I heard other people saying it' phenomena, alongside the fact that a lot of people haven't been keeping up with BlackBerry phones since 5 years ago (i.e. since they got their first iPhone and the 'magic' has blinded them ever since).

However in America, the hatred boils up into a hellish white heat of frenzy. Americans are absolutely bitter and demoniacally hateful against the brand, I mean you wouldn't even be as hateful to somebody who robbed your own grandmother. It is truly shocking. And many of them hang out on these very forums and post bitter, hateful angry rants at every opportunity they get, day in and day out with astonishing regularity and predictability, and they are totally protected and encouraged by the moderators! Why is this so?

I know that they love and worship Apple but come on ... is it sane to be so full of HATRED?
    I agree, sure they made some mistakes like other companies, but what company could withstand the amount of negative press they had to endure? Can't imagine who would be behind it, lol. Long live BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-17-13 05:43 PM
    I agree, sure they made some mistakes like other companies, but what company could withstand the amount of negative press they had to endure? Can't imagine who would be behind it, lol. Long live BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    There's a big difference between "negative press" and public "hate." As another commenter noted, most Americans are simply indifferent to the company. . .it's not even in the ballpark of "hate."
    bbq10l likes this.
    10-17-13 05:47 PM
    I answered the question truthfully. No need to poke fun or resort to predictable "tin foil hat" replies.
    You refer to those who disagree with you as "sheeple", and yet object to "predictable" replies. C'mon.
    10-17-13 05:47 PM
    The American media has been pretty negative on bb since around 2009. I don't think Americans in general are

Posted via CB10
    world saviour likes this.
    10-17-13 05:49 PM
    As an American... can you please point out these mass cases of "Incredibly bitter vitriol" directed at Blackberry by Americans? Cuz I'm not seeing it. And as an American, I'm getting really tired of these threads.

[edit]As an aside... please demonstrate how it's an American thing specifically, since you're under the impression that we Americans are the culprit.
    You mean all the negative articles about BlackBerry going out of business for the last 4 years or the biased tech articles. LG slamming BlackBerry the other day. Give me a break.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-17-13 05:49 PM
    I live less than an hour from waterloo (nope not Toronto) , and know plenty of people who think BlackBerry sucks and they would never consider using one again. So its not just Americans.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 05:50 PM
    The American media has been pretty negative on bb since around 2009. I don't think Americans in general are

Posted via CB10
    the NSA sponsored american media's been biased towards blackberry and are in love with the NSA phone and spyroids.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    gfondeur and SifiGamer like this.
    10-17-13 05:53 PM
    There's a big difference between "negative press" and public "hate." As another commenter noted, most Americans are simply indifferent to the company. . .it's not even in the ballpark of "hate."
    Read all the hate towards Blackberry on this site every day.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-17-13 05:53 PM
    You mean all the negative articles about BlackBerry going out of business for the last 4 years or the biased tech articles. LG slamming BlackBerry the other day. Give me a break.

Posted via CB10
    Yes... Those... Please hilight the "incredibly bitter vitriol" in all that. If you can. And then showcase how it's on the shoulders of Americans.

And you may wish to educate yourself as to LG's country of origin if you're going to use them as an example. No break for you.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    10-17-13 05:55 PM
    Well, that part's easy. A purported BlackBerry enthusiast site that tolerates BlackBerry haters is simply greedy for the money that comes with the traffic/hits.
    Joined today, already railing against haters. No way are you a new member....why can't you malingerers just stay banned instead of creating new accounts to spread discontent?
    10-17-13 05:55 PM
    The BlackBerry angst and general "hate on" has clearly come from the following:
    *limited to but not including

*Mind control implants
    *Global Warming
    *Solar Flares
    *Cane Toads
    *Alien Contact

Sorry... had to.... lol

Friday afternoon... Me n' the Big Z!
    SifiGamer likes this.
    10-17-13 05:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    It is going out of business if not they would not go knocking to Google, Cisco, etc door begging to be bought
    Etios likes this.
    10-17-13 05:58 PM
    I live less than an hour from waterloo (nope not Toronto) , and know plenty of people who think BlackBerry sucks and they would never consider using one again. So its not just Americans.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry accounts for only 5% of the smartphone market in Canada and apparently is our fault.
    paper_monkey and chr1sny like this.
    10-17-13 06:00 PM
442 1234 ...