I'm aware that the brand has a bad rep all over the world, largely because of the 'peer pressure' and 'I think this way because I heard other people saying it' phenomena, alongside the fact that a lot of people haven't been keeping up with BlackBerry phones since 5 years ago (i.e. since they got their first iPhone and the 'magic' has blinded them ever since).

However in America, the hatred boils up into a hellish white heat of frenzy. Americans are absolutely bitter and demoniacally hateful against the brand, I mean you wouldn't even be as hateful to somebody who robbed your own grandmother. It is truly shocking. And many of them hang out on these very forums and post bitter, hateful angry rants at every opportunity they get, day in and day out with astonishing regularity and predictability, and they are totally protected and encouraged by the moderators! Why is this so?

I know that they love and worship Apple but come on ... is it sane to be so full of HATRED?
    10-17-13 03:28 PM
    There is definitely a lot of overreaction, here. By that, I mean on this thread. Is it hatred to say that Blackberry handset sales have taken a nose-dive. Is it bitter to say that the BBM launch was kind of a disaster? Is it demonic to suggest that Blackberry will probably be owned by another company at the end of the year and will likely be broken up?
    10-17-13 03:41 PM
    There is definitely a lot of overreaction, here. By that, I mean on this thread. Is it hatred to say that Blackberry handset sales have taken a nose-dive. Is it bitter to say that the BBM launch was kind of a disaster? Is it demonic to suggest that Blackberry will probably be owned by another company at the end of the year and will likely be broken up?
    The answer to all of your questions is yes. You're a freak.
    10-17-13 03:44 PM
    Ugh, another one of these threads?

OP where are you from?
    10-17-13 03:48 PM
    Are you related to Andy Murray the tennis player? Why do so many English people claim him as one of theirs (he is a Scot)? Oh yes, I know....desperate for a homegrown player - and it's less of as stretch than embracing a fake-accented (you know your accent is bad when even tennis's #1 liar/punk Andre Agassi - especially in 1995, makes fun of you in public), been living here a couple weeks, Greg Rusedski!! Did you know he got booed out of the Canadian Open a few weeks later? LOL....funny stuff.....but he deserved it for his BS claims!

Anyways, I was glad for Murray when he won his first slam and shed the choker label.....in terms of likeability, I'll take him over Federer or Djokovic any day!
    10-17-13 03:50 PM
    I'm aware that the brand has a bad rep all over the world, largely because of the 'peer pressure' and 'I think this way because I heard other people saying it' phenomena, alongside the fact that a lot of people haven't been keeping up with BlackBerry phones since 5 years ago (i.e. since they got their first iPhone and the 'magic' has blinded them ever since).

However in America, the hatred boils up into a hellish white heat of frenzy. Americans are absolutely bitter and demoniacally hateful against the brand, I mean you wouldn't even be as hateful to somebody who robbed your own grandmother. It is truly shocking. And many of them hang out on these very forums and post bitter, hateful angry rants at every opportunity they get, day in and day out with astonishing regularity and predictability, and they are totally protected and encouraged by the moderators! Why is this so?

I know that they love and worship Apple but come on ... is it sane to be so full of HATRED?
    Yet another attempt to excuse BBRY's multi-year performance, this time by blaming an entire country. Classic.
    10-17-13 03:52 PM
    Well, the haters on tech sites will try to say it's because BlackBerry let them down, and they'll use dumbass cliches like "too little too late," but the real reason is that the US government and stock market financial scammers have launched the vitriolic campaign you mention with the help of their minions, their mainstream (owned) media and paid posters on forums. They each have their specific reasons for doing so. The other platforms are also part of the campaign of hatred (being largely owned/controlled by the financiers), and it's in their interest to pummel their competition and collaborate with the US/NSA spy government.
    10-17-13 03:59 PM
    Americans historically rail against words that have two "Bs" in them and end with "Y."

Burberry, baby, abbey, booby, bobby (HUGE RED FLAG... three "Bs" ), lobby, etc.
    Last edited by Tre Lawrence; 10-17-13 at 05:57 PM.
    10-17-13 03:59 PM
    Why do so many English people claim him as one of theirs (he is a Scot)? Oh yes, I know....desperate for a homegrown player

Pretty much, yes. I was a bit embarrassed to see Andy go and get knighted by that ginger-haired guy that English people consider their prince.
    richardat likes this.
    10-17-13 04:04 PM

I think it boils down to issues that predate the Second World War. Looking at socioeconomic factors that shaped that age, I think there is a correlation that can be made.

Early factory supervisors in the American Midwest were suspicious of new immigrants, and I believe that has spilled over to the "factory supervisors of today (AKA forum moderators in today's parlance). BlackBerry represents a power that the factory supervisors must crush, because such entities will tear this great country down...

Wait... this is a comedy thread, right? I posted most of that with a straight face.
    10-17-13 04:06 PM
    It stems from these people being stick with a Storm on a 3 year contract

Posted via CB10(BBM#22) on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    10-17-13 04:10 PM
    ... and they are totally protected and encouraged by the moderators! Why is this so?
    Well, that part's easy. A purported BlackBerry enthusiast site that tolerates BlackBerry haters is simply greedy for the money that comes with the traffic/hits.
    iamagod and gfondeur like this.
    10-17-13 04:13 PM
    There are not too many people who "hate" BlackBerry. Mostly is the fangirls Android/Apple, that try to promote their favorite products by thrashing the other. They don't understand that people who actually do research will expose these types of clowns for what they are. If they fear you, they will try to give the illusion that their favorite is better. 99% of the time when you ask them why, they can not come up with an intelligent answer. They know BlackBerry is the original smartphone, and do not want to see them on top again. I have owned phones from Apple, LG, Kyocera, Motorola, and the reliability of the BlackBerry is my top priority. BBM, email is fantastic and I could never see myself using another phone ever again. That being said, Apple/Android do have good phones but they just do not meet my needs, but I wouldn't be so ignorant to say I hate them or the companies that created them, that's just pure stupidity.
    10-17-13 04:18 PM
    The latest BB haters list:

Americans
    Wall Street
    Financial scammers
    US Government
    Media
    Telus
    Google
    Microsoft (every second Thursday of the month)
    Moderators
    Ambassadors
    iMore Moderators & Ambassadors
    Andy Murray
    LG

Did I miss anybody?
    10-17-13 04:19 PM
    Did I miss anybody?
    Yes: Tre Lawrence.
    10-17-13 04:21 PM
    Well, the haters on tech sites will try to say it's because BlackBerry let them down, and they'll use dumbass cliches like "too little too late," but the real reason is that the US government and stock market financial scammers have launched the vitriolic campaign you mention with the help of their minions, their mainstream (owned) media and paid posters on forums. They each have their specific reasons for doing so. The other platforms are also part of the campaign of hatred (being largely owned/controlled by the financiers), and it's in their interest to pummel their competition and collaborate with the US/NSA spy government.
    Wow. Government, platforms, stock market financiers, media, and paid posters...and minions....all are on the campaign....but for their own "specific reasons" (makes sense...hard to othewise unite such a huge and disparate group, some of which are themselves composed of hundreds of individual entities). There must truly be an immense and diverse range of reasons to hate BB!
    Donvald and Etios like this.
    10-17-13 04:23 PM
    Yes: Tre Lawrence.
    Richardat... you want a piece of the action? LOL!
    richardat likes this.
    10-17-13 04:26 PM
    The latest BB haters list:

Americans
    Wall Street
    Financial scammers
    US Government
    Media
    Telus
    Google
    Microsoft (every second Thursday of the month)
    Moderators
    Ambassadors
    iMore Moderators & Ambassadors
    Andy Murray
    LG

Did I miss anybody?
    Apple
    Motorola
    The Steve Jobs Trust
    Nokia
    Samsung
    Cat burglars
    Burglar cats
    etc.
    10-17-13 04:26 PM
    Wow. Government, platforms, stock market financiers, media, and paid posters...and minions....all are on the campaign....but for their own "specific reasons" (makes sense...hard to othewise unite such a huge and disparate group, some of which are themselves composed of hundreds of individual entities). There must truly be an immense and diverse range of reasons to hate BB!
    Don't forget me, R.
    richardat likes this.
    10-17-13 04:27 PM
    No, 1) the spy government and 2) the other platforms & financiers each have their specific reasons. The paid posters and mainstream media press minions are simply the tools. The masses of BlackBerry haters are merely sheeple, easily swayed and lead to hate.
    10-17-13 04:27 PM
    In all seriousness, I participate because this is a fun and interesting place these days. Dramatic earnings reports, vanishing CEO's, aborted product launches, carrier disses, Hail Mary passes, offers to sell the company, offers to buy the company, offers to break up the company, crazy cross platform plays, "You can still count on us" letters from nobody in particular to anyone out there...the list goes on and on.

This is like technology reality television and I love it. And, for all the extra traffic that drives Crackberry ad revenue, you are very welcome!
    10-17-13 04:28 PM
    No, 1) the spy government and 2) the other platforms & financiers each have their specific reasons. The paid posters and mainstream media press minions are simply the tools. The masses of BlackBerry haters are merely sheeple, easily swayed and lead to hate.
    Are you a screenwriter for Falling Skies?
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    10-17-13 04:30 PM
    Are you a screenwriter for Falling Skies?
    I answered the question truthfully. No need to poke fun or resort to predictable "tin foil hat" replies.
    10-17-13 04:32 PM
    I don't think there's hatred as much as disappointment. Had they been better at forward thinking I think they could've beaten Apple at their own game. By the time iPhones came out, BBOS was already mature and full of features that the first couple iPhone iterations didn't have. Instead of scoffing at the iPhone and saying that's not something people would want, they could have been proactive jumped on R&D for a touch screen phone that already had all their bells and whistles baked in. Instead, they took a reactive approach and started work on the Storm and Torch way too late. That, and they took too long to get things into the market. Think about the 99xx series. I remember there were already leaks in 2009, right around the time I got my 9700. They didn't come to market until August, 2011. Had they come out with the 99xx series in 2010 instead, I think it would've done a lot better. Same with the BB10 devices. I think they would have done better had they come out alongside the SGS3 around May, 2012.

To me it's just disappointing that a little forsight could have gained them so much, and the current mobile landscape could have been very different had they kept a step ahead of the innovation cycle instead of a step behind during those crucial times when iOS and Android were still young.
    GG1, Saiga, xanadome and 3 others like this.
    10-17-13 04:32 PM
    In all seriousness, I participate because this is a fun and interesting place these days. Dramatic earnings reports, vanishing CEO's, aborted product launches, carrier disses, Hail Mary passes, offers to sell the company, offers to buy the company, offers to break up the company, "You can still count on us" letters to nobody in particular...the list goes on and on.

This is like technology reality television and I love it. And, for all the extra traffic that drives Crackberry ad revenue, you are very welcome!
    I'm beginning to think the conspiracy theorists are being paid to post by CBK, because there is no way they believe the comedy they post. That rant against the moderators was just slick gamesmanship meant to throw us of the scent.

Bravo, Kevin! Well done, sir!
    10-17-13 04:33 PM
442 123 ...