The Z10 is so awesome period.

BB Z10 rocks.
    08-01-13 01:35 AM
    1) it's not there phone.
    2) people are afraid of new things and change
    3) apps... must have every app... I do get this to a point (I am satisfied)
    4) very few people want to put there neck on the line and say a phone is better. They are stuck in what works for them (which is fine) so it is usually negative for newer phones.

If you would ask me ... I would say I have the best phone I have ever owned (iPhone 4S , Galaxy S2) and it's not really close. (for me). It's hard to explain how amazing the Keyboard is or the Hub or simply the flow of everything. Is it perfect no but for me yeah it has been just that.

Posted via Z10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    08-01-13 01:52 AM
    OK.....the Z10 is a beautifully built device. I fell in love with it the instant I had it in my hand.

Then the reboots started. OK fixed thar with a leak. Then the battery drain started. Possibly improved that with another leak.

Then I got an iPhone 5.

Here's what I see.....what BlackBerry is missing aside from apps is the totality of the experience. The almost organic way in which the iPhone straight out of the box outperforms BlackBerry. One Apple ID and one password and my iPhone rrestored EVERYTHING from the 4S into the 5.

That integration is missing.

The device? A thing of beauty and a pleasure to use.

The devil is in the details and BlackBerry keeps missing that.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 08-01-13 at 04:09 AM.
    08-01-13 03:47 AM
    It is an awesome phone, but in an app and ecosystem dominated market it has some big weaknesses. Even some weaknesses staying within the BlackBerry family (Bridge, legacy features, etc.). I love it and hope BlackBerry will at some point launch some sort of effort to drive adoption and market awareness because right now most people think this is their bosses BlackBerry that can only email and make calls.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 04:26 AM
    BlackBerry haters from ios n android, dey get paid

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 06:14 AM
    The reviews that get my attention are the ones that were not kind to the Z10 and we're specific about not liking the OS, then turn around and review the Q10 and say it was good.

I remember reading one that was praising the Q10 and referencing the Z10 and saying it needed to be good like the Q10. Can't remember who (maybe CNET or one of those).

That's a WTF moment

I find most of the reviews point to the apps. Which is valid, however there are ways to report that hopelessly and ways to indicate the gap but the progress being made. I find most report it hopelessly, giving the average Joe the impression there are virtually no apps(not true), and non will ever come (again not true).

Apps (and the pro app folks hate when people say this) is a relative term. I know for me I have all I need for apps. I also know others that can't get enough. Then there are those that read reviews critical of the app situation decide not to get the phone, thump their chest that BlackBerry has no apps, yet in reality would be more like me (I work with one such guy). He asked me what apps does BlackBerry even have (sarcastically), I asked what he used. Looked at his iPhone only to discover, he uses almost no apps (mostly email, calendar, Contacts). Anecdotal only, but I would bet more of this exists

personally, I get the vibe most reviews are spun in a negative light

I have a fever, and the only cure is more swiping, so this is posted via CB10 from my Z10
    08-01-13 07:09 AM
    OK.....the Z10 is a beautifully built device. I fell in love with it the instant I had it in my hand.

Then the reboots started. OK fixed thar with a leak. Then the battery drain started. Possibly improved that with another leak.

Then I got an iPhone 5.

Here's what I see.....what BlackBerry is missing aside from apps is the totality of the experience. The almost organic way in which the iPhone straight out of the box outperforms BlackBerry. One Apple ID and one password and my iPhone rrestored EVERYTHING from the 4S into the 5.

That integration is missing.

The device? A thing of beauty and a pleasure to use.

The devil is in the details and BlackBerry keeps missing that.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    The font in bold is pretty much the point I make a lot when people rip Apple for making "toys"
    or making the iPhone "too simple." Well, duh. Shouldn't it be simple taking a phone right out
    of the box and being able to use it like you've owned the thing for 100 years? I think that over
    the years Blackberry users of the past who installed a lot of leaks, customized the OS and
    things like that (which I did constantly) developed this persona like they're so smart because
    they do things like that and criticize the iPhone because it doesn't require having to go into the
    OS to remove bloatware and crap that the phone doesn't even come with. This goes for plenty
    of Android users, too. Apple ain't selling iPhones for people like us; enthusiasts. They want my
    mother to buy an iPhone and just know where to find the App Store as soon as she turns it on.
    08-01-13 12:52 PM
    Is there a reason they shouldn't? Give them something not to discuss....
    A lot experienced reboots, failures....
    10.1 MR, lack of integration with Outlook, duplicating contacts...
    Why not?
    Until you don't give them a reason, they'll continue...
    yes I've had 4 z10, now it just sits in my drawer.
    08-01-13 01:04 PM
    Reviewers are used to Android and iOS, since all the phone that they reviewed where either a newer version of android or a newer iphone device. They got a new device with a new OS which they are not used to, though the reviews were good but it was the app selection and the ecosystem were the only negative point about it and thats true, just give it time and it will evolve. Btw thats how android and ios started. And as you can see we are getting more and more apps daily the only apps we are waiting for are instagram, netflix, spotify anx shazam. And its not blackberry's fault, blackberry made it waaaaaay easier for devs to port their apps. HTML5, Java and even android runtime, it either a conspiracy by other OSs or its the devs who are just lazy enough to create one.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    08-01-13 01:18 PM
    The reviews that get my attention are the ones that were not kind to the Z10 and we're specific about not liking the OS, then turn around and review the Q10 and say it was good.

I remember reading one that was praising the Q10 and referencing the Z10 and saying it needed to be good like the Q10. Can't remember who (maybe CNET or one of those).

That's a WTF moment

I find most of the reviews point to the apps. Which is valid, however there are ways to report that hopelessly and ways to indicate the gap but the progress being made. I find most report it hopelessly, giving the average Joe the impression there are virtually no apps(not true), and non will ever come (again not true).

Apps (and the pro app folks hate when people say this) is a relative term. I know for me I have all I need for apps. I also know others that can't get enough. Then there are those that read reviews critical of the app situation decide not to get the phone, thump their chest that BlackBerry has no apps, yet in reality would be more like me (I work with one such guy). He asked me what apps does BlackBerry even have (sarcastically), I asked what he used. Looked at his iPhone only to discover, he uses almost no apps (mostly email, calendar, Contacts). Anecdotal only, but I would bet more of this exists

personally, I get the vibe most reviews are spun in a negative light

I have a fever, and the only cure is more swiping, so this is posted via CB10 from my Z10
    I can agree with reviewers that don't like the Z10 but like the Q10. Simple reason why is BlackBerry 10, for all that is new, is still a boring platform that only excells at typing related activities. I look at my Dev Alpha C and nothing has really changed with what I do on it when compared with even a 9650.

I only use the Dev Alpha C for typing. I type out stuff in the remember app, or type out long emails, or type in Instant messaging apps, or type out forum posts in CB10. Just like OS 4 or OS 5, BlackBerry 10 is all about typing.

The Dev Alpha C camera is much better than the 9650's, but it isn't better than my other phones. The app situation still sucks. The browser, while vastly improved compared to older BlackBerry browsers, is completely unenjoyable to use because of all the never ending ads. At the end of the day, BlackBerry 10 is just boring and if it weren't for the better typing experience, I wouldn't have any use for it at all.

BB10 on a full touch is a lot like the Storms were. They each run the same OS, with all of the same issues, but the lack of a keyboard slows you down and takes away from the only advantage BlackBerry has to offer. The typing experience. Not saying the Z10 has a bad typing experience, but keyboard shortcuts and instant actions for the win. Having a full keyboard ready to be typed on is a huge benefit when your platform is mostly used for typing.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    08-01-13 01:46 PM
    Why do keep bashing Blackberry?
    lol. Just stop this nonsense.

BB Z10 rocks.
    08-01-13 03:49 PM
    Why do keep bashing Blackberry?
    lol. Just stop this nonsense.

BB Z10 rocks.
    I am really interested in whether those bashers got paid or not, if yes, by whom.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 10:18 PM
    I am really interested in whether those bashers got paid or not, if yes, by whom.

Posted via CB10
    Apple and Samsung paid substantial amounts of money to delay the release of bbx (what we thought it was going to be called) by a year when it was obviously ready for release. Then they stole the encryption keys to the os and gave them to Verizon who modified the os with a bug that created reboots. After this,they paid all of is who bought a Z and had problems or issues with it, then they bought cb Kevin a shinny new watch to write an editorial asking about the reboot issue. Blaze was paid extra to post an article about the lack of the ability to hide your pron like you could on older bbos.

Or in the the real world , bb10 wasn't finishes baking yet. Another 6-8 months in the oven at 325 degrees and it should be just right
    08-01-13 10:33 PM
38 12