Why would rim not making standard ?
    07-10-11 07:02 AM
    BlackBerry email has never had that capability, so not having it now is probably as much a matter of compatibility with legacy code as anything else. It may originally have been viewed as a security feature. There are 3rd party apps that give you the capability. One I believe is called Forward, Reply, and Edit. Check AppWorld or the CrackBerry Software store.
    07-10-11 07:21 AM
    Fixmo is the best for this!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-11 01:11 AM
    I must be missing something. When I read an email message and hit the menu, Forward is right there. There is no Edit though.
    He wants to be able to reply to or forward a message and only include part of the original message. This capability is useful if you want to forward a message to someone without disclosing the email addresses of the original recipients. Reply allows you to send all or none. Forward has no option.
    07-12-11 06:16 AM
    But in my opinion then it is not truely forwarding the email. But that does not matter. Just sayin...
    07-12-11 08:31 AM
    He wants to be able to reply to or forward a message and only include part of the original message. This capability is useful if you want to forward a message to someone without disclosing the email addresses of the original recipients. Reply allows you to send all or none. Forward has no option.
    Isn't that what copy and paste is for?
    The ability to edit a received email sounds dodgy to me. A bit like trying to edit a PDF file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-11 08:41 AM
    Copying the part you want to forward and pasting it into a new message is the only way to do it without 3rd party software. The "dodgy" aspect of it is what I was referring to when I mentioned security in my first response. But PC email programs have long had the ability to forward or reply and make edits to the original text, so preventing that on the BlackBerry isn't much protection. To me, it's more of a convenience to be able to forward just the content of the message after removing the email addresses of the other recipients. But I didn't bother reinstalling Fixmo after my last device upgrade, so obviously I wasn't using that feature enough to cause me to keep it.
    07-12-11 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD