There are Bluetooth GPS receivers, why can we not have Bluetooth WiFi cards? I really hate the fact that the 8310 was made without a WiFi transceiver, but the 8310 had 95% of what I was looking for. I know that AT&T has a WiFi capable BB for sale, but I needed a camera for business reasons. WiFi is not an absolute must for me, but it would be nice to have

Without 3G data transceivers on BBs, WiFi would make some functions much easier at times. Has this type of device ever been produced or had the possibility of being produced? I have not run across such a device yet.
    04-10-08 05:14 PM
    AT&T also has the 8120. It has wifi and a camera.
    04-10-08 05:22 PM
    Why would you want to slow the wifi down to bluetooth speeds?!?!?!
    04-10-08 05:52 PM
    maybe buy a 8320 and unlock it and use it on at&t??
    04-10-08 06:30 PM
    I was just thinking the same thing Montezuma. I would even settle for a non-bluetooth tethered sort of modem that makes a non-Wi-Fi phone capable of connecting to networks. They have them for desktops and laptops, why not phones?
    04-10-08 10:13 PM
    I was just thinking the same thing Montezuma. I would even settle for a non-bluetooth tethered sort of modem that makes a non-Wi-Fi phone capable of connecting to networks. They have them for desktops and laptops, why not phones?

That would work too. I know that data can be transmitted through the mini USB port on these phones. I know that Bluetooth transmit speed is rather slow in comparison; but it is better than nothing.
    04-11-08 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD