I love my new 8900, except for one thing: the Borg calendar.

Yes, I've searched for the answer to the omnipresent "multiple inconsistent unreliable calendars" problem. Yes, I've seen the advice to delete the service books, and the responses that they'll just reappear later. Yes, I've read that I can just pick my preferred calendar to view and all will be well (not true -- events keep popping up in the email calendar I don't even want to be on my fracking phone).

I'd LOVE to have ONE calendar on my phone. My gmail. With no other calendars. Especially none automatically created just because I have two email accounts feeding in. THE FACT THAT I HAVE TWO EMAILS DOESN'T MEAN I NEED TWO CALENDARS -- email and calendars are different dang things!!! RIM might as well have said "we'll automatically create a new calendar for every game the user installs, so there'll be a Brickbreaker Calendar! And a chess Calendar! And they'll either interfere with each other, or show every entry twice!" Aaaargh.

If anyone knows for certain how to force the dang device to permanently have only one calendar, and/or to dissociate my email accounts from the calendar-creation function, please help. Otherwise, thanks for letting me vent my rage here. (I love you guys!)

And RIM, if you read these forums: FIX THE DAMN PROBLEM! Aren't two dozen threads complaining about it enough for you? Sheesh!

/angry snark
    04-22-09 08:49 PM
    I am sure you are aware, BlackBerry was designed from the ground up to support the needs of Business and Professional people.

I have four, but I only use one myself. If you have no need for them, ignore them.
    04-22-09 10:28 PM
    You can just delete it.. Options, advanced options, service book.. Select which email [CICAL]... And delete it..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 10:44 PM
    You can just delete it.. Options, advanced options, service book.. Select which email [CICAL]... And delete it..

until you resend service books...

alternative would be to go options>advanced options>device defaults and select which one you want to use primarily
    04-22-09 10:49 PM
    I ignore all the ones, but the one I use
    04-22-09 11:33 PM
    Personally, i use the different calendars to keep personal appts and work appts separate. Now, thanks to the new Facebook adding a calendar, I have one solely for birthdays. LOL.
    04-22-09 11:39 PM
    Personally, i use the different calendars to keep personal appts and work appts separate.
    I would like to do tha as well, if they would all display on the today screen.
    04-22-09 11:54 PM
    I would like to do tha as well, if they would all display on the today screen.
    Agreed, that's the only drawback.
    04-22-09 11:55 PM
    A workaround might be to have all of your other email accounts set up to forward to a single account on the device. This would reduce your on device calendars to one, and you could still get all your email. Not pretty but it might solve the problem.

04-23-09 08:06 AM
    While I understand what everyone is saying, I still have a very rookie question about the whole thing. What is the "send using" mean???? Is it sending appt's to addy's in the specific calendar you select?? And btw, just to throw my 2 cents in. Personally, I don't like the facebook calendar because now along with all my personal appt's that are going off throughout the day, there are TONSSSSSS of facebook appts going off, as well. I had it to where it didn't do those somehow, but when I updated it all came back and I can't figure out how to redo what I had done before. It's all a little different. Don't like this update I don't think!
    03-28-10 05:25 PM
    What is the "send using" mean???? Is it sending appt's to addy's in the specific calendar you select??
    That is how you pick what calendar your appointment is put in. It will always default to whichever one is set to the default in options / advanced options / default services.
    03-28-10 06:01 PM
    i totally agree with the OP. if enterprise users want multiple calendars, fine. but don't default to that. one of the grand selling points of webOS was the integrating of facebook, gmail, etc calendars. that is appealing, if we get options. RIM just gives us a crappy fb app that forces the bday calendar on you...no matter how many times you uncheck the option in the app.

also, i think letting the users create calendars on an as need basis would solve a lot of the headaches. i'm imagining, everytime you add an e-mail account it goes "also add a calendar for this address?" simple.

finally, wth is the groups calendar? i ahve never tried to do anything with calendars and bbm groups, yet a lot of my events are duped into a "groups" calendar. as of right now, i have default, facebook, @gmail.com, and groups calendars, with none of them holding exactly the info i want.

also, and this may be a google sync prob, as that's what i use for the gmail calendar, the integration of recurring events is borked. instead of one entry, you get 10 identical ones. that's ********
    03-28-10 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD