I don't hate on other brands! I just like to show that my BlackBerry is a better device...
    08-09-11 05:55 AM
    Pretty funny actually. She obviously has no clue, just watch the rest of it and all that she has to say leading up to it.
    08-09-11 05:57 AM
    Fair enough but Crackberry is not Rim's forum is it?
    That is very true, i guess if its just hating on RIM then yes its not the right place.
    08-09-11 05:58 AM
    Jobs worth! She'll be thinking differently when she realises her phones been hacked it's so uncool to get hacked
    08-09-11 06:03 AM
    And here's the same person's take on Android:

Windows Phone 7 Challenge: Week 1 | Molly Rants - CNET News

Yet you'd have to be an ***** to buy a blackberry in her opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-11 06:38 AM
    I think the rhetoric has taken on a life of its own somehow. It will die down after after that beast focuses on something else instead. A few celebrity endorsements couldnt hurt though. Everyone I know seems to rip on it because obama likes it so much, perhaps they should pay a republican to rock one on tv to balance it out.
    08-09-11 06:44 AM
    Haters gotta hate. lol. Plain and simple.
    Wow! Thanks for clearing that up.
    08-09-11 07:09 AM
    Must be the "in" thing to do right now, that or a conspiracy or everyone and their brother just think they suck. I think they deserve some of it but come on some of this crap is from people that have never even touched one.
    08-09-11 07:56 AM
    I am a blackberry fan currently operating a bold 9650 via Sprint and have been a blackberry user for years and what you say is absolutely correct. RIM IS the reason people are hating RIM.

Perhaps we should clarify who the haters are - THEY ARE CURRENT RIM CUSTOMERS, period. I'm the last individual in Mgmt at the medium sized Corporation I work for. EVERYONE but me left BB for either a droid or an iphone and those people could care less about RIM and wouldn't waste the time it would take them to pass gas to go to a blackberry forum and "hate" on RIM because to them RIM is history and they don't have the desire to even think about it.

It's people like me that don't want to see RIM continue to stuff itself into a roasting bag and slide into a pre-heated oven. I'll tell you what the problem is and why people "hate" - many of us "RIM fans" watched as the business consumer said I would to do this or that and watched as RIM said well just go by a still camera or a video camera or a scanner or a this or that.

The business world took RIM's advice and intead of buying additional equipment for their business they simply bought smartphones from two companies who actually listened to their customers.

Is there a quick deposit app YET for a BB? Not that I know of and that was "old hat" stuff last year! Have you ever been mailed a 4.5mb PDF and tried to open it on your Berry? If you had you would know you would have to email that same .pdf to a friend on a Droid or iphone to be able to open it.

Has anyone looked at the ****ty quality pictures RIM's new flagship 9900 takes?

It's reasons like this that RIM is taking heat from it's own customers - I'm one of them and I really don't want to see RIM continue to ****tt itself down the toilet. I love the keyboard, the form factor, the push email and the great battery life. RIM has all those things exactly where it needs them and what's removing them from the business world is the lack of their phones to do business - simple as that.

It's for this reason people like me come to these forums and "hate".

Joeisbitter nailed it IMHO and once people within RIM see that it's harshest critics are their own customers who want to see RIM continue in the world THEN things will get better - until then RIM is simply cuckold and can only watch and Apple and Droid to stuff to the woman that was once exclusive with RIM ( the business community ).

Paints a disturbing picture does it not! RIM sitting in a chair by the side of it's own marriage bed with it's head in it's hand as it watches it's wife ( the business sector ) howl and moan with pleasure as Droid and Apple pleasure her past what RIM was willing or able to do.

So yeah, loyal RIM customers are wondering W.T.F. happened and if it's even worth it to get yet another BB.
    +1

Hit the nail right on the head with that comment. I'm sitting here and reading through all the posts and seeing some valid points being made some good and some not so good.

I for one have both phones and run a small business and I wouldn't consider myself a "fanboy" to any device but one things for sure...I get a lot more business done more efficiently with my iphone aka "the toy" then I can with my Torch, and that's what irritates me about some of the comments made by BB users. Some are so delusional that they can't see past the continued lack of effort RIM is putting into these devices. I'm willing to bet that more than half of these people that make statements have never even used a iphone or Android device for more than a month.

I'm not bashing bb by any means and WILL be buying a 9900 or Torch 2 just to try out and compare but that's about it.

All this competition is very much needed in this competitive "smart phone arena" it makes for great reading and can only benefit us the consumers.

Just a thought here.....when bb phones came out it was classified as the business phone that nobody could contend with, I live in Canada and I see so many pre teens & teens walking around with bb's with all these flashy bright skins on them and hello kitty chains dangling that it's hilarious to me obviously it's all because of one thing and one thing alone BBM (oh and the occasional call from the parents wanting to know where they are) Now in my eyes THAT makes BB look more like a "toy" to me.
    08-09-11 08:07 AM
    I still like RIM, but am sad that nobody seems to make apps for it like the other platforms. That's the only thing I can hate on them, but thats not their fault.
    08-09-11 09:43 AM
    I dont understand. I like RIM, their devices work for me and really, that is where it all ends. I could care less if everyone else got and iDevice or Android or HP or.....it really does not matter. I spend my money on what works for me.

In all honesty it is primarily in the USA that RIM is getting hate. Most of my friends in other countries are just jumping on the RIM bandwagon and absolutely loving it. I think it is a market shift so if it bothers you enough and you think you have to go with all the masses and get the other popular devices go ahead. I actually enjoying having a phone that not too many others have.
    08-09-11 09:56 AM
    All the above doesn't explain the Rim hate, sure, some existing owners maybe are having a bad experience or they realised their blackberry can't do something they want it to do but that means they should move on and buy something else.
    I would say what you just described is what directs the "Market", more people than less in the business community needed their phones to do more and RIM was unwilling or unable to provide them with a smartphone that would do those things.

Those of us who are used to the Blackberry U.I. and love using it would be naturally pissed off that the device we love didn't want to compete and I hate to say it but when it's suggested that if model after model of BB released continues to NOT be able to do something that the person should just move on and buy something else----- It's no differnt then RIM saying go buy a Droid or iphone.

Can you imagine a Mfg of trucks saying that to it's loyal customer base. "Well, if you want to be able to tow that, you need to buy a Chevy or Dodge truck - Ford's do what they do but they don't do that.

If you are making smartphones you don't want the most distinguishing feature of your product THAT it can't do stuff the the other two Mfg's devices can do. This is what we have watching happen to RIM.
    08-09-11 09:58 AM
    +1

Hit the nail right on the head with that comment. I'm sitting here and reading through all the posts and seeing some valid points being made some good and some not so good.

I for one have both phones and run a small business and I wouldn't consider myself a "fanboy" to any device but one things for sure...I get a lot more business done more efficiently with my iphone aka "the toy" then I can with my Torch, and that's what irritates me about some of the comments made by BB users. Some are so delusional that they can't see past the continued lack of effort RIM is putting into these devices. I'm willing to bet that more than half of these people that make statements have never even used a iphone or Android device for more than a month.

I'm not bashing bb by any means and WILL be buying a 9900 or Torch 2 just to try out and compare but that's about it.

All this competition is very much needed in this competitive "smart phone arena" it makes for great reading and can only benefit us the consumers.

Just a thought here.....when bb phones came out it was classified as the business phone that nobody could contend with, I live in Canada and I see so many pre teens & teens walking around with bb's with all these flashy bright skins on them and hello kitty chains dangling that it's hilarious to me obviously it's all because of one thing and one thing alone BBM (oh and the occasional call from the parents wanting to know where they are) Now in my eyes THAT makes BB look more like a "toy" to me.
    I'm the last Mgr where I work on a BB and I get the ribb ; "hey, lunch meeting in 30 minutes - be sure to bring your Fisher Price phone".

To be honest some of the people that switched to Droid and Apple were hard core BB users, past what I was using my phone for and THEY claim the iphone and driod is a better business phone. I agree with you totally jiggaman2!
    08-09-11 10:04 AM
    Haters going to hate is a little inaccurate for what's happening to RIM. The hating has become a social norm and deliberate campaign to undermine a company that is really undeserving of ALL the negative perception publicity. Some, yes but not all.

Is Apple that much better in terms of listening to their customers? No, THEY tell YOU what you need. No DVD-Rom support, No onboard HDMI, No additional button for the mouse, No Adobe etc. Steve Jobs got away with it before. Now it's just a given. And why every question a man who came back from exile to resurrect Apple, and unfairly on a personal level come back from health issues. You say that's a low blow? That's personal? Then why didn't everyone leave him alone and not report on it as if it was headline news, vital to the company, a make or break crisis for the company? It fits the narrative of an incredible success story full of continuing drama and I should not question it? Again, iSheep.

Apps is what makes apple great! But does Apple make the Apps? No, it's the developers. Frankly Apple isn't much without it's apps. I cannot separate them you say? Why not? Apple does not hold exclusive rights to the developers code. The developer can encode for other platforms if they wish to. They just don't choose to because they don't really realize that they have MUCH more power collectively to influence Apple and other smartphone companies then they realize. It's just greedy self ambition that prevents them from coming together and fighting Apple by leveling the App playing field across all platforms.

Anyways I'm going off topic. There's more then just haters contributing to RIM's woes. It's a combined effort of manipulated public perception plus media's laziness and investment vultures who've profited handily form their "call options" of RIM's stock.

The powers that be are playing a game, and In this game Apple is the chosen Winner and RIM the loser. This game doesn't have to be the permanent reality, but first we have to stop ourselves and others from playing within it.
    Last edited by Houshinto; 08-09-11 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Sentence correction.
    08-09-11 10:36 AM
    Haters going to hate is a little inaccurate for what's happening to RIM. The hating has become a social norm and deliberate campaign to undermine a company that is really undeserving of all the negative perception publicity.

Is Apple that much better in terms of listening to their customers? No, THEY tell YOU what you need. No DVD-Rom support, No onboard HDMI, No additional button for the mouse etc. Steve Jobs got away with it before. Now it's just a given. iSheep.

Apps is what makes apple great! But does Apple make the Apps? No, it's the developers. Frankly Apple isn't much without it's apps. I cannot separate them you say? Why not? Apple does not hold exclusive rights to the developers code. The developer can encode for other platforms if they wish to. They just don't choose to because they don't really realize that they have MUCH more power collectively to influence Apple and other smartphone companies then they realize. It's just greedy self ambition that prevents them from coming together and fighting Apple by leveling the App playing field across all platforms.

Anyways I'm going off topic. There's more then just haters contributing to RIM's woes. It's a combined effort of manipulated public perception plus media's laziness and investment vultures who've profited handily form their "call options" of RIM's stock.

The powers that be are playing a game, and In this game Apple is the chosen Winner and RIM the loser. This game doesn't have to be the permanent reality, but first we have to stop ourselves and others from playing within it.
    Right, and it's not inconceivable that the powers that be are using paid posters on discussion forums and their owned media outlets to promote their causes. The rest of the RIM/BlackBerry haters are just their useful idiots.
    08-09-11 10:42 AM
    Right, and it's not inconceivable that the powers that be are using paid posters on discussion forums and their owned media outlets to promote their causes. The rest of the RIM/BlackBerry haters are just their useful idiots.
    I can't say for sure who is or isn't. But is it possible? Sure, why not? You see it in politics increasingly now.

Tea Party comes to mind and their "astroturf" beginnings. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. Koch Brothers. Checkmate.
    08-09-11 11:03 AM
    I have to say that I only joined CB recently and I'm finding all this dislike for BlackBerry a bit tiresom to the point of thinking is CB worth the bother, having said that there's nothing wrong with an objective veiw which opens a debate. But threads seem to get hijacked into the love hate war.
    I have to say pcgizmo that your comments about spelling help to lower the quality of interaction, I can't spell, I'm dyslectic (did a spell check before posting dyslectic ) and most sports with two teams Globaly have their passionate followers. And by the way it's "greenhouses" people who throw stones shouldn't live in greenhouses. Having said that the poster Dapper, you will recall was/is in support of BB.
    Except it's "dyslexic" (Sorry - just couldn't pass it up!)

But, I agree - does detract. And anyone can type in a hurry & hit a wrong key & not see it until after submitting. It's the horrid grammar that gets me.

You wouldn't think CB would have so much RIM bashing, but I guess some people don't have enough productive work to do. I've enjoyed RIM much better than other companies (both CS & products), like Panasonic, Dell, HP, Apple, to name a few.
    08-09-11 11:27 AM
    Comments like yours are the reason people hate RIM. Calling the iPhone a toy is exactly the kind of thing that makes people take a long hard look at Blackberry and realize what a load of crap comments like yours are. Take your 9900 (or whatever you are stuck with) record and edit a 4 minute video presentation, then upload it to the web. After that, record a voice memo, edit a photo and video conference with a family member. You can't do those things. Sorry. People hate RIM for their persistent arrogance in spite of superior external options (iPhone, Android).
    OK, by your logic, Ford Focus is the only compact car on the market can park itself, so Focus is superior to any other compact cars? And people should hate other automakers for not adding self-parking feature to their products?
    I own an iphone 4 for about 6 months, i only use it for making phone calls and occasionally web browsing, I don't have any apps installed on it except the talkbox, and I rarely open it. And I have 2 games, flight control and fruit ninja, that's it, I don't even like the angry bird. Sometimes I missed the simplicity of my old Curve 8520 and physical keyboard, but I also like the large screen of my iphone. The new torch is gonna suit me best, and likely I will give up my iphone for the torch 9810 by the end of year.
    And please don't tell me that I am in the minority here, the mass consumers market wants Apple or Android devices, I could be careless what others want and likes. And stop telling me that this kind of attitude will drive RIM out of business, I don't give a sh1t. If they are going to close down tomorrow, I won't shed a tear for them, they are just a smartphone manufacture to me.
    Stop hating man, get a life
    08-09-11 12:12 PM
    Personally, I think there is so much hate directed towards RIM because of scorned owners.

Post 2008, Rim wasn't innovating and keeping pace with the market. People that had grown to love Blackberries saw how the iphone started to improve by leaps and bounds and thought, jeez I cant wait until RIM does this with my berry!

Unfortunately, the progress made from 2008 to 2011 was pretty much nonexistent with RIM (in regards to the competition).

This explains the sudden about face that a lot of former praising journalists did. They were so mad at the company for staying put that they suddenly turned against them. You don't want to fix the OS on my product (see blackberry storm)? You want to refresh devices and put a trackpad and double memory and sign me into another 2 year agreement (see 9630 tour and 9650 bold)?

For a prime example of this, look at BGR. BG had an unbelievable loyalty towards RIM but turned as soon as they became complacent.
    Rickroller likes this.
    08-09-11 12:23 PM
    I still like RIM, but am sad that nobody seems to make apps for it like the other platforms. That's the only thing I can hate on them, but thats not their fault.
    Actually, it is very much their fault.
    Rickroller likes this.
    08-09-11 12:24 PM
    Actually, it is very much their fault.
    +1

Sent from my Incredible
    08-09-11 12:28 PM
    I'm the last Mgr where I work on a BB and I get the ribb ; "hey, lunch meeting in 30 minutes - be sure to bring your Fisher Price phone".

To be honest some of the people that switched to Droid and Apple were hard core BB users, past what I was using my phone for and THEY claim the iphone and driod is a better business phone. I agree with you totally jiggaman2!
    LOL @ "Fisher Price phone"...never heard that one before.

Hopefully the new lines turn things around for RIM.
    08-09-11 12:37 PM
    Except it's "dyslexic" (Sorry - just couldn't pass it up!)
    Either spelling is correct. dyslectic - definition of dyslectic by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
    08-09-11 12:42 PM
    LOL @ "Fisher Price phone"...never heard that one before.

Hopefully the new lines turn things around for RIM.
    I really hope so but with the NEWS that RIM opted to put an EDOF camera in it's flagship business phone ( the 9900 / 9930 ) reality starts to take the place of fantasy.
    08-09-11 01:25 PM
    I really hope so but with the NEWS that RIM opted to put an EDOF camera in it's flagship business phone ( the 9900 / 9930 ) reality starts to take the place of fantasy.
    Have you begun to look towards other devices or are you waiting on the QNX units?
    08-09-11 02:21 PM
109 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD