You are good Ha ha ha
    Thanks, I needed validation from you. I can carry on now.
    08-08-11 10:27 AM
    i think part of it is that these haters (at least the ones that are BB users) want to like BB and want RIM to be a player in the market. the 9900's lack of auto focus, playbooks lack of email, and the upcoming qnx phone's lack of BES (and the security that accompanies that) not to mention the total POS that os6 was, are alienating people that otherwise liked BB. My company had 25 out of 28 BB users 2 years ago. as of yesterday, there were 6 bb users, with 3 more individuals leaving once the i5 hits verizon. now, you can rant and rave about security, and toy vs tool til you are blue in the face, but the fact is that people are leaving RIM in droves and for the very simple reason that people want a tool with some toy in it, and that the products RIM is putting out are half baked flops. we had 9650's in the office and once os6 hit we have nothing but trouble with them. verizon techs tell us it is the OS software problems, and nothing they can do about it. you give an exec an i4 and a os6 powered 9650 and they are all choosing the i4.

Looking to the future you see devices that wont have BES compatibility, and tablets without basic email/calender/contact support. if any of you travel you know you can only have 1 device per account connected to gogo inflight wifi. if i give an exec a playbook, he will have to leave his BB powered on and doing a wifi/bluetooth sync the whole time. under this scenario he will land with a half dead phone. or i can give him an ipad that is able to do everything off one wifi connection and the exec can leave his phone off and conserve battery power.

on a personal side, i have had 6 BB's as you can see in my sig, and on the i5's launch date i am getting one. i liked BB, right up until the 9630 came out, and then the 9650, and now we are a couple months of uncertainty away from the twice announced and delayed 9930...i dont want to hate RIM. i dont want to go apple. but RIM is doing their best to drive me and everyone in my firm away from their products.

just my opinion
    I've used enough BB phones (albeit within a short period of time) to experience quite some frustration and displeasure at some of the most basic issues which should never arise from a "business device". BB fans will claim their phones are best in messaging, best for business, no-frills no fart apps... while they conveniently ignore fellow BB users who endure bugs (FYI, I occasionally have a SMS thread which becomes unresponsive in the latest .600 OS on my 9780), e-mail attachment size limitations.. etc.

RIM said they're going global, but at the same time failed to open App World to more countries at the same pace. RIM still keeps some apps restricted to US and Canada: BlackBerry Traffic/Mobile Conferencing/News/Podcasts. That means I have none of those apps in my country. Business-centric device? Native calendar/memo/tasks apps are so lacking in features I thought they were slimmed down versions from a more functional one for high-end BBs when I first got a Curve 8520.

I hope BB users will open their eyes to the shortcomings of BB devices, discuss them in an objective manner and stop discounting all those who have legitimate complains. I watched the CB videos on the introduction of the OS7 phones and vaguely remember in one of em' that the RIM representative said they listen to their customers.. so let them hear what we like/dislike so they can improve on their products.
    Rainforrest likes this.
    08-08-11 10:43 AM
    I suppose I just don't get why you are so upset, I thought this was a BlackBerry site
    Miss the point much? My point was not about spelling, or the UK equivalent for "glass house". It was more about making stupid generalizations.
    08-08-11 10:54 AM
    ...the upcoming qnx phone's lack of BES (and the security that accompanies that) not to mention the total POS that os6 was, are alienating people that otherwise liked BB ... Looking to the future you see devices that wont have BES compatibility ...
    ... I occasionally have a SMS thread which becomes unresponsive in the latest .600 OS on my 9780 ... Native calendar/memo/tasks apps are so lacking in features I thought they were slimmed down versions from a more functional one for high-end BBs when I first got a Curve 8520...
    First, is this part about QNX phones not having BES capability true??? If so, that's too bad and goes to show what happens when RIM listens to idiotic consumers who want idiotic bells and whistles already available on other less secure, non-BES platforms and tampers with an already wonderful, secure platform. It ends up with a device that's FUBAR.

And what are all these problems with OS 6 (besides the sms thing already mentioned)? I haven't experienced any (not even the sms problem). And what kind of missing features are you talking about on calendar, memos, and tasks? (No, I don't want those things linking or syncing or whatever with Google.)
    08-08-11 11:15 AM
    First, is this part about QNX phones not having BES capability true??? If so, that's too bad and goes to show what happens when RIM listens to idiotic consumers who want idiotic bells and whistles already available on other less secure, non-BES platforms and tampers with an already wonderful, secure platform. It ends up with a device that's FUBAR.

And what are all these problems with OS 6 (besides the sms thing already mentioned)? I haven't experienced any (not even the sms problem). And what kind of missing features are you talking about on calendar, memos, and tasks? (No, I don't want those things linking or syncing or whatever with Google.)
    http://crackberry.com/rim-advises-di...oit-discovered

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6506921

I'm not going to spoon-feed you with anymore URLs. Just go to the respective sub-forums and take a read if you want. I only took a leaf out of the 9780 .600 thread.

As for the native Calendar app, something basic would be color coding and overlays in month view. Try using your calendar or something. All I see are grey blocks(all-day events), black lines(1-hour appointments) and white boxes(slightly longer appointments). And if that's not bad enough, highlighting a day with events scheduled on it brings out nothing. I've to click AND scroll down to see all my appointments. Next, no categories for calendars. The work-around is to create another e-mail address to have a "category". On the same issue, I can only schedule events under "e-mail accounts" that I've linked to BIS. It's the same limitation as the native calendar on Android phones, but that's fine since people claim that they're toy phones anyway. Tasks: No sub-tasks, no visible due date (unless you click into a task, or view it on the calendar which is zilch since my calendar is cluttered as it is already), colour-coding will be nice once again. Memopad: Text formatting, clipping image/voicenotes to memos.. these are just a few I can think of off-hand.

3rd-party apps are few and far between, and most are much costlier relative to other platforms. If RIM could implement more features and tighten the integration within the native PIM apps, that'll be great.
    08-08-11 12:31 PM
    1) Many analysts will divulge their standings on stocks in their blogs or posts, check them, and I guarantee most if not all will be shorting RIMM. This means that they make money when the share price falls. Analysts don't have secret connections with RIMM or AAPL or GOOG, they see the exact same things that you and I do, they just take advantage of the power of media to further their own goals

2) There are a handful of trolls that are evident in nearly every thread. I will not mention names but an easy way to figure out if they are trolls is to go to their profile page and look at their recent posts. There are a few people on here that do nothing except post anti-RIM comments in an effort to elicit an emotional response from people who like their BlackBerrys. It gets them off.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    08-08-11 12:45 PM
    I really don't get y everyone is hating on rim either. Makes no sence if a bb doesn't suit u get another phone simple as that. No need to bash a company. Ill still never know y rim gets all the bashing for. Apple never did when it took them what 2-3 years for copy n paste to come out. Even till now ios doesn't do things bb can do

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 12:58 PM
    Let people complain!!!! If your phone was fu**ing up on a regular basis you'd complain too! I feel the guy with the 9650's. I'm not going to bash the phone.. but I could go on for days. The device failed me on numerous occasions. When you pay top dollar you expect a top notch product. Can't always say rim gives you what you pay for.

08-08-11 01:06 PM
    Let people complain!!!! If your phone was fu**ing up on a regular basis you'd complain too! I feel the guy with the 9650's. I'm not going to bash the phone.. but I could go on for days. The device failed me on numerous occasions. When you pay top dollar you expect a top notch product. Can't always say rim gives you what you pay for.

This is a valid thing to say in my veiw, it's just that all phones, the more sofisticated they get the more to go wrong. My HTC HD2 is problematic in that the call screen doesn't show sometimes, the key pad isn't good, I could go on, but why? Fear drives the critics maybe they need to grow up and accept that we all have different needs and priorities. Sorry for the spelling
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 08-08-11 at 01:22 PM.
    08-08-11 01:17 PM

i have yet to meet someone in real life that does not have problems with os6 on their 9650. the only people that like it are on this forum. everyone in my office has had problems, and the verizon techs we talk to complain about it to us....ironically
    08-08-11 01:20 PM
    i have yet to meet someone in real life that does not have problems with os6 on their 9650. the only people that like it are on this forum. everyone in my office has had problems, and the verizon techs we talk to complain about it to us....ironically
    What problems? I've had OS6 since it first leaked and some builds have had serious bugs, the latest few have been very good all thing considered.
    08-08-11 01:39 PM
    What problems? I've had OS6 since it first leaked and some builds have had serious bugs, the latest few have been very good all thing considered.
    random reboots is the largest complaint. a serious lag, failure to answer phone calls and lock up, reboot on spell checking, 30-35 second shutter lag on camera, graphic stuttering, and more lockups than i can count. this is happenign on virgin devices, used devices, BES, non BES, you name it. at this point, we dont hate RIM so much as we hate the annoyance of using BB's.....the hardware is suburb, the keyboards are amazing, but the software and execution of the device is whats annoying everyone.
    08-08-11 01:45 PM
    random reboots is the largest complaint. a serious lag, failure to answer phone calls and lock up, reboot on spell checking, 30-35 second shutter lag on camera, graphic stuttering, and more lockups than i can count. this is happenign on virgin devices, used devices, BES, non BES, you name it. at this point, we dont hate RIM so much as we hate the annoyance of using BB's.....the hardware is suburb, the keyboards are amazing, but the software and execution of the device is whats annoying everyone.
    I'll agree some early builds of BB6 has lag problems, and some users have had reboot issues. I have had one random reboot but that was way back when 5.0.0.732 was out, June 2010. I had 4 Black Screens of Death with 6.0.0.600, so I installed 587 and problem solved. No lock-ups, no camera issues, no issues answering calls. 9650 OS's are not perfect, but they're far better than some of the other device OS's RIM has released.

I remember a few years ago when 8330 was all the rage for business users, and mine had one OS issue after another.

disclaimer: my results are not indicative of anyone's else, but there is definitely worse out there than 9650 with BB6.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 08-08-11 at 02:04 PM.
    08-08-11 01:56 PM
    I really do not understand why people hate on RIM so bloody much. Especially the Apple funboys.
    To be honest, I don't think RIM is a bad company. I love every mobile phone they have manufactured, well except for the Storm line. The 9000 and 9700 are my favourites.
    I hate the fact that people say RIM are dead. They are NOT dead. We should wait and see how the 9900 and the rest of the new phones perform and then we should be able to talk sh*t about them. I also hate the Apple fanboys, since the majority of them are uneducated, they are fashion victims and they can't see that there are people who actually see their phone as a "tool", rather than a toy.

I think it's more of a "tough love" thing myself - I've been very critical of RIM as of late and have often used Apple and Droid as examples of what RIM needs to be doing.

Take the case of the new Bold Touch 9930 / 9900 which is due to hit the shelves this very month. This smartphone is hyped as the flagship business model from RIM and the phone CAN'T take a business related still shot if it's life depended on it. RIM opted to put an EDOF camera in that device.

This equated to a blackberry bold 9650 being able to take FAR BETTER pictures than RIM's brand new Bold.

I'll post some examples of what I'm talking about here....
    ...1 gen BB Storm close up picture / Bold 9650 pictures.
    ...Followed by what a business related picture looks like from RIM's new 9900!

The final picture is complements of the new camera of RIM's business flagship Bold Touch 9900 / 9930.

THIS is the reason RIM has been getting beat-up on the forums...
    ...I'm not using an iphone or a droid - I'm still using my 9650 and I'm frankly stunned that RIM.
    ...Would produce a new business smartphone that can't take half as good a picture as units they made two years ago!
    Last edited by pythons; 08-08-11 at 02:05 PM.
    MXBerry likes this.
    08-08-11 02:01 PM
    I'll agree some early builds of BB6 has lag problems, and some users have had reboot issues.

I have had one random reboot but that was way back when 5.0.0.732 was out, June 2010.

I had 4 Black Screens of Death with 6.0.0.600, so I installed 587 and problem solved. No lock-ups, no camera issues, no issues answering calls.

9650 OS's are not perfect, but they're far better than some of the other device OS's RIM has released.
    im actually on os5 because of how bad os6 was on my device. i dont have the time to be constantly updating my device, for me its a tool. and unfortunently its not even good at that anymore. the head of our company said the other day that the BB isnt even business class anymore. he had the original bb keyboarded pager and has had nothing else since then.

as ive said before, im not flaming them just for the heck of flaming them. ive had an awful experience with RIM, and the constant parade of unchanging devices that are delayed/announced/delayed/announced, available with awful glitches is whats driving me away. not to mention, i can direct plug an iphone into my boats stereo.
    08-08-11 02:02 PM
    For some reason the attachment showing the lack of quality on the 9900 / 30 camera didn't show up....
    ...Here is what RIM's new flagship Bold camera can produce.
    08-08-11 02:08 PM
    im actually on os5 because of how bad os6 was on my device. i dont have the time to be constantly updating my device, for me its a tool. and unfortunently its not even good at that anymore. the head of our company said the other day that the BB isnt even business class anymore. he had the original bb keyboarded pager and has had nothing else since then.

as ive said before, im not flaming them just for the heck of flaming them. ive had an awful experience with RIM, and the constant parade of unchanging devices that are delayed/announced/delayed/announced, available with awful glitches is whats driving me away. not to mention, i can direct plug an iphone into my boats stereo.
    Updates aren't for everyone. If you can't spend 45 minutes loading an OS, then sticking with what it came with is probably the best plan of attack. I just know I have few hassles with BB6, it runs smoother and faster than OS5, and I like the ease of flipping left and right for icons.

Android and iOS aren't perfect either.

FWIW, I'm no fanboy either; read some of my posts about Storm2. The OS was complete hash with the exception of a few early versions and the build quality was poor. People tried giving all sorts of flack, saying it was user error etc. In the end, Storm2 was a disaster and most of them quitely slithered away.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 08-08-11 at 02:13 PM.
    08-08-11 02:08 PM
    Updates aren't for everyone. If you can't spend 45 minutes loading an OS, then sticking with what it came with is probably the best plan of attack. I just know I have few hassles with BB6, it runs smoother and faster than OS5, and I like the ease of flipping left and right for icons.

Android and iOS aren't perfect either.

FWIW, I'm no fanboy either; read some of my posts about Storm2. The OS was complete hash with the exception of a few early versions and the build quality was poor. People tried giving all sorts of flack, saying it was user error etc. In the end, Storm2 was a disaster and most of them quitely slithered away.
    yeah, i had one. and a 9630. thats part of my annoyance, its like, ive been through so many bad devices, im just calling it quits. i honestly dont think they will ever get their s*** together. if apple can pull off device after device that 95% of their users absolutely love, and RIM puts out the 9500, 9550, 9630, in that same time frame...its hard to ignore. sure the iphone has problems, but not on the same magnitude as some of these devices. the 3gs is def no 9550. at the end of september i will get an i5...im just hoping that someone from RIM can see what's driving people away....
    08-08-11 02:26 PM
    I was actually referring to the OP as being counter-productive. It was firing back the same kind of negativity that was being criticized ... and toward the wrong targets, in my opinion. Otherwise, I have no problem with legitimate criticism.

Counter-productive? I do not think that I'm being counter-productive, if anything I am just exrpessing my feelings.
    I cannot see why people hate so much on RIM and YES, Apple fanboys get on my nerves like ****, because they think they are some kind of elitists, just because their device has an Apple logo on the back. I am NOT hating on Apple nor anyone/anything else, I just can't see why people love hating RIM. If you consider my query to be counter-productive, I believe you have misunderstood me.
    08-08-11 02:46 PM
    yeah, i had one. and a 9630. thats part of my annoyance, its like, ive been through so many bad devices, im just calling it quits. i honestly dont think they will ever get their s*** together. if apple can pull off device after device that 95% of their users absolutely love, and RIM puts out the 9500, 9550, 9630, in that same time frame...its hard to ignore. sure the iphone has problems, but not on the same magnitude as some of these devices. the 3gs is def no 9550. at the end of september i will get an i5...im just hoping that someone from RIM can see what's driving people away....
    I'm hoping the same thing cplush! Everyone interested in WHY there has been so much tough love for RIM should take a short peek at the following link in the 9900 / 9930 forum. Check out what RIM did to the 9900 camera and tell me this isn't a massive F.U. on RIM's part.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6548840

click on the picture at the above link and let me know what you think of the quality....
    ...And please, don't say a person should buy a point and shoot camera if they need to take shots of similar things.
    ...When the older RIM's render a picture like that PERFECTLY.

Now, when we compare what the typical "business related" still shot looks like from our OLD BERRY's with RIM's new business flagship 9900 I find it hard to believe why people are confused as to why RIM is getting the hate it is.

Apple and droid fanboys would be gloating over F.U.'s on RIM's part like this....
    ...BB fans such as myself get roasting mad as we watch RIM literally cut it's own arms and legs off.
    Last edited by pythons; 08-08-11 at 03:00 PM.
    08-08-11 02:56 PM
    Apple funboys.
    Apple FUNboys LOL
    08-08-11 03:11 PM
    ... My HTC HD2 is problematic in that the call screen doesn't show sometimes, the key pad isn't good ...
    And these are serious problems! Especially the calls part. I wouldn't be able to deal with it.
    08-08-11 03:19 PM
    I can't comment on the camera issue(s), as I don't have a camera, but I haven't had any of the other problems (black screens of death, freezing, random reboots etc.) that others have mentioned.
    08-08-11 03:20 PM
    Why the RIM hate? Hmm for me personally:

My Bold 9700:
    -"page is too large to load" error in browser happens constantly
    -device is extremely sluggish after continued use due to memory leakage
    -battery cover became loose and broke after constant use and battery pulls
    -huge shortage of apps, current apps are still beind in quality
    -plastic build of device is cheap feeling, plastic screen warps the screen when pressed

Playbook
    -no native PIM, bridge is slow and requires my 9700 to be on my oerson
    -wifi is spotty, constant disconnections compared to other wifi devices ive used
    -no autocorrect using anything but bridge
    - app selection is terrible, no native sdk means apps quality is low
    08-08-11 03:40 PM
    And these are serious problems! Especially the calls part. I wouldn't be able to deal with it.
    I'm just waiting for my new torch slider, my HD2 was supplied by Tmobile so HTC blame them and so on, 2 ROM updates haven't solved it I had to revert back to the original ROM. It was the lesser problem. All devices are so complex and it is very easy to just moan on but we have to take some kind of responsibility in this as we want the boundaries pushed, then there is competition for our brand loyalty a further pressure. All I want, need at the end of the day is a solid sensible phone which fullfills my needs, BlackBerry will do that. Nothing else on offer at this time will do that, others will find that alternative makes will satisfy their needs and that's great because without competition we wouldn't have progression. Sorry a bit of a rant.
    08-08-11 04:16 PM
109 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD