I really do not understand why people hate on RIM so bloody much. Especially the Apple funboys.
    To be honest, I don't think RIM is a bad company. I love every mobile phone they have manufactured, well except for the Storm line. The 9000 and 9700 are my favourites.
    I hate the fact that people say RIM are dead. They are NOT dead. We should wait and see how the 9900 and the rest of the new phones perform and then we should be able to talk sh*t about them. I also hate the Apple fanboys, since the majority of them are uneducated, they are fashion victims and they can't see that there are people who actually see their phone as a "tool", rather than a toy.
    08-08-11 07:50 AM
    I can't imagine why either, since this topic has never been covered before.
    austriker likes this.
    08-08-11 07:56 AM
    It bothers me too. Its been going on for quite some time now, but has dramatically increased in its intensity over the past month. It seems like there's now a whole lot of people who actually want RIM to fail, go bankrupt, get sold for scrap, and think they can make it happen by continuing to post anti-RIM articles all over the place. Honestly, its getting to the level of political blog posts. (You know, where people go on and on about how the other party's candidate is a complete failure, before they're even done being sworn into office, or the ink is even dry on the signing of legislation they don't like.)

All this crap being thrown at RIM over the past month is basically demanding that they unveil a year or two's worth of complete product revamp work within 48 hours, or the repo men will show up to reposes RIM's assets. And if RIM were able to perform this miracle, they'd just post more articles about how RIM was a complete and abysmal failure in their execution, and should still be dismantled.

Meanwhile, the company is cash-positive, with money in the bank, and continues to grow. (Even if not in the US market.)
    08-08-11 07:57 AM
    ya its true there's a lot of hate out there for RIM. Conceder it due to the power of the platform. You wont see people hating on companies like Dell or HP cause their old news. Some people in America see it like two opposing sports teams and will do just about anything to tarnish the other. Don't let it bother you. Just enjoy your BB and after the new phones hit the market the "Hate" will die down.
    EDIT: In a perfect world people on CB just ignore the haters and there posts would just die.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 08-08-11 at 08:08 AM.
    08-08-11 08:05 AM
    Because they aren't doing what everyone else wants them to and are slow at doing anything so they are the target. I'm sticking with them for now since most of the things people say they need I don't really care about except a phone that doesn't lag, is responsive, can make clear calls on and a better browsing experience.
    hpmini20094012 likes this.
    08-08-11 08:06 AM
    ya its true there's a lot of hate out there for RIM. Conceder it due to the power of the platform. You wont see people hating on companies like Dell or HP cause their old news. Some people in America see it like two opposing sports teams and will do just about anything to tarnish the other. Don't let it bother you. Just enjoy your BB and after the new phones hit the market the "Hate" will die down.
    Only in America? People who can't spell shouldn't throw stones.
    08-08-11 08:07 AM
    Only in America? People who can't spell shouldn't throw stones.
    I have to say that I only joined CB recently and I'm finding all this dislike for BlackBerry a bit tiresom to the point of thinking is CB worth the bother, having said that there's nothing wrong with an objective veiw which opens a debate. But threads seem to get hijacked into the love hate war.
    I have to say pcgizmo that your comments about spelling help to lower the quality of interaction, I can't spell, I'm dyslectic (did a spell check before posting dyslectic ) and most sports with two teams Globaly have their passionate followers. And by the way it's "greenhouses" people who throw stones shouldn't live in greenhouses. Having said that the poster Dapper, you will recall was/is in support of BB.
    Bonnie Bonzai, Sharma15 and shupor like this.
    08-08-11 08:55 AM
    I really do not understand why people hate on RIM so bloody much. Especially the Apple funboys.
    To be honest, I don't think RIM is a bad company. I love every mobile phone they have manufactured, well except for the Storm line. The 9000 and 9700 are my favourites.
    I hate the fact that people say RIM are dead. They are NOT dead. We should wait and see how the 9900 and the rest of the new phones perform and then we should be able to talk sh*t about them. I also hate the Apple fanboys, since the majority of them are uneducated, they are fashion victims and they can't see that there are people who actually see their phone as a "tool", rather than a toy.
    Ok, I am a BB fan, but it's kinda not cool expressing hate toward Apple fans or making blanket inflammatory statements in a post decrying hate towards RIM. It's the other side of the same coin, and it doesn't do anything to quell the antagonism. Not to mention that some of the most venomous criticisms hurled at RIM are coming as much from supposed RIM and BB fans as from anyone else. It all seems rather counterproductive. Just saying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 09:02 AM
    I have to say that I only joined CB recently and I'm finding all this dislike for BlackBerry a bit tiresom to the point of thinking is CB worth the bother, having said that there's nothing wrong with an objective veiw which opens a debate. But threads seem to get hijacked into the love hate war.
    I have to say pcgizmo that your comments about spelling help to lower the quality of interaction, I can't spell, I'm dyslectic (did a spell check before posting dyslectic ) and most sports with two teams Globaly have their passionate followers. And by the way it's "greenhouses" people who throw stones shouldn't live in greenhouses. Having said that the poster Dapper, you will recall was/is in support of BB.
    As much as I don't care for gizmo's comment either it is glass house not green house, what the heck is throwing stones at a green house going to do? Now a glass house......well you get the picture.
    08-08-11 09:02 AM
    I'm sure the hate is fostered and promoted by (a) competing platforms (to kill off their competition); (b) paid pr firm posters and simple idiots who are useful to the competing platforms; (c) the owned, useless mainstream "news" media (for various reasons); and (d) governments that want to drive people away from using secure BlackBerry and/or kill off the secure BlackBerry platform for everyone except themselves.
    08-08-11 09:11 AM
    As much as I don't care for gizmo's comment either it is glass house not green house, what the heck is throwing stones at a green house going to do? Now a glass house......well you get the picture.
    Also known as a Greenhouse in the UK
    08-08-11 09:15 AM
    Also known as a Greenhouse in the UK
    Ah thanks for the info, person from across the pond.
    08-08-11 09:29 AM
    Greenhouses have historically been made of glass. Plastic sheeting use is a more recent innovation.

Anyway I think that some, definitely not all, people like to make themselves feel better about switching to another platform by tearing down the one they left. Whatever just use what works best for you and if that isn't Blackberry, great, but we don't need to hear the reasons why you switched posted here daily on Crackberry.
    08-08-11 09:31 AM
    So, please inform me as to how the hatred for RIM is somehow limited to Americans?? Are all Canadians just RIM apologists?

If Dapper is going to throw stones at Americans, he should consider learning how to spell simple words like consider. Or he could just ****

And it's : People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones - Do not criticize others if you have weaknesses yourself.

your comments about spelling help to lower the quality of interaction
    That's an opinion, and well, I'm sure you can figure out how I feel about it.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 08-08-11 at 10:16 AM.
    08-08-11 09:42 AM
    Some of the perceived hate are legitimate objective criticisms and complains against RIM from BB users. I don't understand why people say it's counter-productive to criticize RIM for the mistakes they make, or the shortcomings of BB phones. If you listen to the CB or MobileNations podcasts you can see very clearly that Kevin himself is more objective than most of the BB apologists here, and I respect the man for that.
    08-08-11 09:49 AM
    As messed up as it is, people enjoy watching a big ship sink. The same way they'll stop and stare at a car accident. People can't get enough of it. They love reading and hearing about disaster. That said, why do you care so much? Stop being so sensitive and insecure. Does your phone do everything you need and want? If yes, then be happy and keep it moving. It's a phone. It's not that serious.
    08-08-11 09:51 AM
    ^I think one of the things the op stated was that RIM is not sinking, and I agree with him.
    08-08-11 09:53 AM
    ^I think one of the things the op stated was that RIM is not sinking, and I agree with him.
    That's fine. I'm not even necessarily taking any side and saying it is. But the perception the media is portraying is that it is. And people like that. That's all I'm getting at.
    08-08-11 09:55 AM
    It is too bad and shows what a sh*t society we live in. Media-manipulated rubberneckers.
    08-08-11 09:57 AM
    I don't know which I dislike most. RIM haters, self-proclaimed BB enthusiasts who then proceed to complain/whine/condemn the past, present and future BB devices, or CB for providing a platform for people to bash RIM n BlackBerry.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    08-08-11 10:02 AM
    Some of the perceived hate are legitimate objective criticisms and complains against RIM from BB users. I don't understand why people say it's counter-productive to criticize RIM for the mistakes they make, or the shortcomings of BB phones. If you listen to the CB or MobileNations podcasts you can see very clearly that Kevin himself is more objective than most of the BB apologists here, and I respect the man for that.
    I was actually referring to the OP as being counter-productive. It was firing back the same kind of negativity that was being criticized ... and toward the wrong targets, in my opinion. Otherwise, I have no problem with legitimate criticism.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 10:03 AM
    i think part of it is that these haters (at least the ones that are BB users) want to like BB and want RIM to be a player in the market. the 9900's lack of auto focus, playbooks lack of email, and the upcoming qnx phone's lack of BES (and the security that accompanies that) not to mention the total POS that os6 was, are alienating people that otherwise liked BB. My company had 25 out of 28 BB users 2 years ago. as of yesterday, there were 6 bb users, with 3 more individuals leaving once the i5 hits verizon. now, you can rant and rave about security, and toy vs tool til you are blue in the face, but the fact is that people are leaving RIM in droves and for the very simple reason that people want a tool with some toy in it, and that the products RIM is putting out are half baked flops. we had 9650's in the office and once os6 hit we have nothing but trouble with them. verizon techs tell us it is the OS software problems, and nothing they can do about it. you give an exec an i4 and a os6 powered 9650 and they are all choosing the i4.

Looking to the future you see devices that wont have BES compatibility, and tablets without basic email/calender/contact support. if any of you travel you know you can only have 1 device per account connected to gogo inflight wifi. if i give an exec a playbook, he will have to leave his BB powered on and doing a wifi/bluetooth sync the whole time. under this scenario he will land with a half dead phone. or i can give him an ipad that is able to do everything off one wifi connection and the exec can leave his phone off and conserve battery power.

on a personal side, i have had 6 BB's as you can see in my sig, and on the i5's launch date i am getting one. i liked BB, right up until the 9630 came out, and then the 9650, and now we are a couple months of uncertainty away from the twice announced and delayed 9930...i dont want to hate RIM. i dont want to go apple. but RIM is doing their best to drive me and everyone in my firm away from their products.

just my opinion
    anon3396357 and mod9 like this.
    08-08-11 10:11 AM
    I think the hate for RIM is just media drama. I honestly can't see RIM disappearing! I do wonder if the iPhone 5 is just going to be too expensive. Just a simple thought, I did hear a Orange sales representative say to me instore that the iPhone 5 is going to be more expensive that the 4.
    08-08-11 10:15 AM
    Your are just so right except that a glass house is a greenhouse in UK ie where you grow tomatoes but you are correct the saying is glasshouse. Throws self on sword
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 08-08-11 at 10:28 AM.
    08-08-11 10:18 AM
    So, please inform me as to how the hatred for RIM is somehow limited to Americans?? Are all Canadians just RIM apologists?

If Dapper is going to throw stones at Americans, he should consider learning how to spell simple words like consider. Or he could just ****

And it's : People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones - Do not criticize others if you have weaknesses yourself.

That's an opinion, and well, I'm sure you can figure out how I feel about it.
    You are good Ha ha ha I suppose I just don't get why you are so upset, I thought this was a BlackBerry site
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 08-08-11 at 10:27 AM.
    08-08-11 10:24 AM
109 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD