I've only heard bad things about the Blackberry Storm, but on CB forums, there seems to be lots of posts and threads on the Storm board, more than any other model's board... Why do so many people have it if it's bad? Is it really that bad?
    Last edited by agp423; 03-21-11 at 05:13 PM.
    03-21-11 05:10 PM
    Its far from perfect, but I like mine. I think a Lot of the complaining is from non storm owners repeating what they've heard. The display is beautiful, all BB functions work, and no itty bitty keys! (yes I have Fred Flintstone thumbs)
    03-21-11 05:15 PM
    I've only heard bad things about the Blackberry Storm, but on CB forums, there seems to be lots of posts and threads on the Storm board, more than any other model's board... Why do so many people have it if it's bad? Is it really that bad?
    It is not as bad as most want to make it seem to be. The original Storm's lack of WiFi was a bad move thou.

The S2 is a fairly good device even today. It would have been nice to see 6 hit on that, would have brought a lot of users back I'm sure.
    03-21-11 05:34 PM
    Wanna buy one? I'll sell you mine the minute I get my hands on a Bionic.
    03-21-11 06:03 PM
    I liked my Storm2! Of course I MUCH prefer my Bold. Don't ask me about my Storm1 I don't talk about that! Actually it wasn't THAT back, BUT I did go through 5 of them, until they upgraded me to a S2 for free.
    03-21-11 08:51 PM
    I have to agree that outside of BlackBerry users, a lot of people complain about the Storm series. The fact that it has a clickable screen puts off some, especially if they are coming from another touch screen device.

I know, if my carrier offered the Storm, I probably would have bought one.
    03-21-11 10:26 PM
    from what i've heard, the storm 2 was a major major upgrade to the S1.

That being said, my S1 really is hard to use. that's why it sits in a drawer.
    03-22-11 12:19 AM
    i wanted a Storm 2 so bad after seeing my friends on Verizon use it. im on at&t and am currently using a Torch. if i couldve got the Storm 2 working right on my network i would be using it today. unfortunately, i couldnt get the service books to stick and im selling it. but it has to be my favorite phone....and ive NEVER used it. everyone i know that has it as an everyday phone has nothing but good things to say about it. my one friend who switches phones often, said its the best phone hes ever used and wanted to buy mine as a backup.
    03-22-11 01:57 AM
    S1 was not a good phone because you had to do a battery pull atleast once a day, no wifi, and the clicking screen was bad. The S2 was a major upgrade and I love mine.
    03-22-11 11:40 AM
    I've only heard bad things about the Blackberry Storm, but on CB forums, there seems to be lots of posts and threads on the Storm board, more than any other model's board...
    The Storm board probably has the most posts and threads due to the complaints and issues with the device.
    Why do so many people have it if it's bad? Is it really that bad?
    There are no other touchscreen-only BlackBerry devices so far, so it is the only option for somebody who likes a touchscreen only without a physical keyboard, yet wants a BlackBerry.
    03-22-11 11:52 AM
    I think most complaints come from people who purchased a Storm thinking they were getting a BlackBerry version of the iPhone.

I do get frustrated at times about the lack of memory. No wifi does not bother me any since I have unlimited data. Otherwise, my Storm has been a good phone. I am itching for some type of upgrade though.
    03-22-11 12:11 PM
    The Storm has served me well. The memory can be an issue sometimes. I am not sure if I could ever go back to a non-full screen blackberry though. I can type very quickly using the suretype keyboard in portrait mode.
    03-22-11 12:22 PM
    Still rock an og storm here....it does everything I ask of it. Can't wait to upgrade to a Monaco though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 12:22 PM
    Still rock an og storm here....it does everything I ask of it. Can't wait to upgrade to a Monaco though.

Same here... my S1 has been flawless, especially after OS5. Had it two years now with ZERO issues. The only major complaint is lack of app memory which will be rectified with the Monaco.

I think it got off to an especially rocky start because they put it out there with a very buggy OS and its reputation never recovered.
    03-22-11 12:35 PM
    I think Storm is quite good!
    03-22-11 03:11 PM
    You have to note that a lot of people use the Storm as a scapegoat in their ramblings, regardless of if they even ever owned one or even owned BBs.

So while there were plenty of issues to complain about, it's not nearly as massive as it appears.
    03-22-11 03:22 PM
    A friend of mine had the storm 2 and just gave it up for a DROID...
    03-22-11 04:23 PM
    You have to note that a lot of people use the Storm as a scapegoat in their ramblings, regardless of if they even ever owned one or even owned BBs.

So while there were plenty of issues to complain about, it's not nearly as massive as it appears.
    Yes it is.
    03-22-11 04:48 PM
    There you have it, invaluable proof.
    03-22-11 04:49 PM
    There you have it, invaluable proof.
    it's my reality. I don't care about your reality.
    03-22-11 05:00 PM
    The Storm2 is a good phone, although under-powered and needs more memory. The reason why so many of us are still using one is because we have not been given a new touch screen BB to move up to. This is overdue in my opinion.
    Hope this answers your questions, OP.
    03-22-11 05:34 PM
    I didn't mind my Storm 1. I got sick of the memory leaks, lock ups and battery pulls pretty quickly though.

It was my 3rd and last Berry model.
    03-22-11 06:26 PM
    I've been using my storm 9530 since Dec 24/2008. So its been almost 2 1/2 years. The first six months I fought and struggled with it. The OS was soooo slow and buggy it was barely useable. During that time I upgraded a bunch of OS's and it slowly was getting better but still sucked balls. I went on for another six months without upgrading to anymore OS's and was never on crackberry at all. And then one day I logged onto crackberry and got reading about these hybrid OS's. So I loaded up a hybrid(5.0.1.328) maybe? Anyway, it totally changed my experience and I haven't lloked back. I am currently running 5.0.0.732(lyricidals I think) been running it for a long time now and I'm pretty happy with my phone. I wish it had more app memory and a faster browser. I use it for some web browsing, music listening and some light, time killing gaming. It does everything I want it to(just not as fast as I like) and it has served me well. I don't like to spend money unneccesarily and I do not upgrade my phone until I really have to. I owned a razr before this BB for 3 years and an audiovox 8900 for 3 years before that. So u can see I keep my phones a long time. But I do realize my storm has 2 1/2 year old technology and don't expect it to keep up with new phones.
    So saying all that I am excited to jump into the Monaco. Slightly bigger screen(higher res), more mem, much larger proc. Sign me up baby......
    Sorry for the long post OP. I see a lot of storm hate on crackberry too but I just ignore it and enjoy my BB experience.

03-22-11 08:07 PM
    I'd also like to add that my storm has been very very tough. I have dropped it probably 20-30 times from different heights onto different sufaces. There has been more than one time when I said "there's no way its still going to be working" but it has never failed. I also take it in the bathroom and shower withe the door closed daily for 2 1/2 years now.

If something does happen to my storm before the monaco comes out I will be firing up my razr until it does. Wouldn't that be a hoot. I'm sure if that day comes I'll really appreciate how great my storm is. Haha.

03-22-11 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD