The iPhone and Android fans need Crackberry to talk down to those of us still using the classic Blackberrys and to prove how enlightened they've become.
    I don’t think Android/iOS fans even know BlackBerry fans exist anymore
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and pdr733 like this.
    03-15-20 07:50 AM
    I don’t think Android/iOS fans even know BlackBerry fans exist anymore
    And yet here you are.
    03-15-20 09:17 AM
    And yet here you are.
    I’m a BlackBerry fan so where else would I be?!?
    03-15-20 09:30 AM
    Aren't you typing this on an iSlab?
    03-15-20 11:22 AM
    Aren't you typing this on an iSlab?
    Yes but my KEYones on WiFi only are present. My AT&T KEYone in my pocket like the old dual carry days and my BE KEYone in my good old laptop bag...
    03-15-20 11:27 AM
    I think CrackBerry is needed more than ever as a resource with upcoming end of the license with TCL. This is also a place that is critical for people who need help with the pre-TCL devices.
    howarmat likes this.
    03-15-20 11:41 AM
    This is a vintage site for collectors of old BlackBerry's. People who wish for the good old days.
    03-15-20 12:41 PM
    Never heard but guessing CB store was more trouble than profitable? I still miss it, fwiw.
    You can blame Amazon and eBay for that disappearing. The landscape for such things changed and it was no longer worth it.
    03-15-20 01:12 PM
    I think some forum restructuring would be useful.

Most of the posts these days are in a small number of categories. I'm sure the CB Team could do the math to figure out which forums are still being used and which can be archived/combined.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    This is actually coming soon.
    MadMarti likes this.
    03-15-20 01:15 PM
    I look forward to seeing the results.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    03-15-20 02:02 PM
    What ever y'all do PLEASE do not follow Android Central's path. There is hardly any dialogue on their newsfeed and forums anymore due to the pop up ads. I know they "pay the bills" but they also drive users away. Please find some usable balance unlike Android Central. However I think feeds like Apple News and Google News with configurable topics are also likely taking their toll on dedicated apps/sites.
    03-15-20 06:23 PM
    What ever y'all do PLEASE do not follow Android Central's path. There is hardly any dialogue on their newsfeed and forums anymore due to the pop up ads. I know they "pay the bills" but they also drive users away. Please find some usable balance unlike Android Central. However I think feeds like Apple News and Google News with configurable topics are also likely taking their toll on dedicated apps/sites.
    Not sure what you mean. There are no changes coming to the blogs. I was speaking strictly of the forums and the categories and sections we have as they're all effectively configured the same. Android Central, Windows Central, CrackBerry, and iMore effectively have the same set up in regards to ads and such on the forums and all logged-in users are exempt from ads except for the video players and odd ad at the top which we can't really control because they're not part of the forums.
    03-15-20 06:24 PM
    Would you really describe yourself a "fan" of BlackBerry today now that you and your family decided to utilize iOS devices for your communicative needs? (I am not questioning your past passion or preferences but haven't you for all intents and purposes "moved on" and are more pragmatic in your responses.)

Many that post on the forums here have and it's evident, ok and understandable given the recent official demise of the BlackBerry ltd and BlackBerry mobile agreement since some users need or desire to have a "new" phone annually. Most posts on here from whoever delve away from OP and into talks of demise (kind of since '13) and their inability to use a BlackBerry or Key device?
    Gene Fells likes this.
    03-15-20 06:50 PM
    You can blame Amazon and eBay for that disappearing. The landscape for such things changed and it was no longer worth it.
    Some vendors like Nike are pushing back. Could see more of this in the future I suppose.
    03-15-20 06:54 PM
    It exists because lovers of tech not just blackberry can co exist and share their ideas and thoughts. I myself currently use iPhone but got my hands on a blackberry classic and it's so nostalgic using this phone again. I found the crackberry app after not having it for years and missed browsing it in my spare time!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-20 06:57 PM
    Would you really describe yourself a "fan" of BlackBerry today now that you and your family decided to utilize iOS devices for your communicative needs? (I am not questioning your past passion or preferences but haven't you for all intents and purposes "moved on" and are more pragmatic in your responses.)

Many that post on the forums here have and it's evident, ok and understandable given the recent official demise of the BlackBerry ltd and BlackBerry mobile agreement since some users need or desire to have a "new" phone annually. Most posts on here from whoever delve away from OP and into talks of demise (kind of since '13) and their inability to use a BlackBerry or Key device?
    I moved on from BlackBerry after BBOS in terms of dedication to platform when I was forced to dual carry WP then Android from 2008-2016 especially with the BB10 train wreck. For me, I was using BB10 from 2013-2016 for call, text and email only.
    After 10.2.1 and 10.3.2 rollouts I was able to use BB10 reliably by relying on ART plus iPad mini on AT&T data line.

BBAndroid allowed me to return using PRIV and DTEK on dual carry and I was in heaven with both VKB eventually. My last premium Android standards were LG G2 and one couple generations later. I actually prefer BBAndroid since I feel like the old BBOS days when I had a fully usable BlackBerry with client expectations.

Like BB10, eventually all the stars aligned for BBAndroid, much longer, but clients and their expectations pay my bills. My KEYones are fun to use for Mobile Nations apps and separate Tapatalk forum apps but even now, the mobile browser is easier for all the mobile nations sites. I do still have my KEYones with and on me.
    03-15-20 08:27 PM
    For me, reading posts would be easier if smaller 'conversations' were allowed, rather than having to so often find that every mention of a topic has been moved on top of some thread that started several years ago. Just breaking current things down somewhere along the lines of 7 and older / 10 / android / and a 'what's on your mind today' option would make it easier to (a) follow current alive posts according to interest and (b) allow people to discuss / debate things according to where a topic wants to go, rather than fishing down hundreds or even thousands of posts and then see how far back in time you want to go, which eliminates the (possible fun of) seeing the start of someone's new topic.

Since the announcement of no new BlackBerries it seems a bother to even bring it up, I guess. I still hang onto hope it's not really the end of BlackBerry phone production yet.
    03-16-20 06:01 AM
    The iPhone and Android fans need Crackberry to talk down to those of us still using the classic Blackberrys and to prove how enlightened they've become.
    I think BlackBerry did that job themselves just fine when they slapped Android on their own products.
    03-16-20 08:56 AM

I'm a "fan" of a number of NFL teams and a number of Collage teams.... not sure you have to pick just one "team" to be a fan of.

But I get your point... some of us have moved on. Maybe things would be better if only devices that have a BlackBerry fingerprint could post on CrackBerry?
    03-16-20 09:10 AM
69 123