As long as it needs to or wants to. Just because no new devices are coming to market doesn't mean there's not still people out there using the devices that were released and as such, they will have questions, run into problems etc. People still visit and use the BBOS device forums, the PlayBook Forums, and even the older BlackBerry device forums and none of those devices are new by any means. Wiping the mountain of BlackBerry knowledge contained here at CrackBerry is not something we're not in any rush to do.
    I hope it never shuts down the only thing keeping me going since the announcement is crackberry. If this goes we truly have nothing left at all. Please reassure me bla1ze it won’t go please.
    02-26-20 09:40 AM
    I still check in once a day at the mo. bit quieter now like.
    02-27-20 05:00 PM
    It's only gonna keep dying down as time goes on.

Expect to see more "which apps still work on BB10" threads and other various troubleshooting questions.

Might as well migrate it into Android Central forums.
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    02-28-20 02:13 PM
    Nah, might as well leave the lights on as long as we can. After all, who at AC is going to care once I finally nab a red Passport or a BNIB Storm 2???
    the_boon and bunky1971 like this.
    02-28-20 02:29 PM
    It's only gonna keep dying down as time goes on.

Expect to see more "which apps still work on BB10" threads and other various troubleshooting questions.

Yeah the Android updates on most devices are stable these days. Likely a reason so little traffic on AC as well. Outside of the Pixel and more or less beta of a new release Android is really maturing. Any BlackBerry Key device will be solid for years to come. Perhaps a hard reboot or factory reset but that's a remedy for most/all Android. I think if I were to go back to using my BlackBerry 10 Classic or other I would pretty much forgo any non native or Android app. They all perform the basic communicative abilities 100 percent of all people use their personal devices for. (Work related apps and other forms of communication like Slack can be addressed on a dedicated work phone and line)

I also firmly believe the responses on here and other forums is a culprit of reduced participation. IDK?
    02-28-20 02:36 PM
    Never heard but guessing CB store was more trouble than profitable? I still miss it, fwiw.

Technical assistance from several members around here have measurably assisted my company's profitably. Always wished for some sort of gratuity mechanism to compensate these helpful members? As on some other tech assist sites? Any thoughts??
    bunky1971 likes this.
    02-29-20 02:29 AM
    Never heard but guessing CB store was more trouble than profitable? I still miss it, fwiw.

Technical assistance from several members around here have measurably assisted my company's profitably. Always wished for some sort of gratuity mechanism to compensate these helpful members? As on some other tech assist sites? Any thoughts??
    Small unmarked and untraceable bill denominations in a plain envelope?!?

That’s how chateau a la conite and casa grande Del Mar a Dunt were built.
    @conite @Dunt Dunt Dunt
    JeepBB and bunky1971 like this.
    02-29-20 07:27 AM
    And the guy that's got an island in the Florida Keys
    02-29-20 06:31 PM
    Besides the BlackBerry Focused Threads maybe CB could add a dedicated non-BB pkb phone area.

Lots of people here are interested in what possible new pkb devices (if any) are out there. We all remember the Titan threads. Might be fun to have a dedicated non-BB area for all sorts of pkb phones - from strange 6' sliders to cheaper KaiOs qwerty ones.

Just my 2.....

Posted from my P'9983
    idssteve likes this.
    03-01-20 05:19 PM
    Good question...should be rolled into Android Central
    the_boon and Paulelmar18 like this.
    03-02-20 07:30 AM
    Good question...should be rolled into Android Central
    In a way it might have been better if CrackBerry had been left just BB10 and BBOS. And new Android devices over at AC...

Wouldn't have been some of the animosity between the platforms and it seeming like Android took over here. Plus the Android devices... are pure Android, many of the issue were common between the platforms.
    03-02-20 02:21 PM
    In a way it might have been better if CrackBerry had been left just BB10 and BBOS. And new Android devices over at AC...

Wouldn't have been some of the animosity between the platforms and it seeming like Android took over here. Plus the Android devices... are pure Android, many of the issue were common between the platforms.
    Nah AC Central is a bone yard and infrequently posted in the forums. I think the deluge of ads has killed it for most of the former and Android is for the most part darn stable. No real issues from Android 6 and on. Android 4.4.2 on my old Samsung Tab Pro is still rock solid. (Android 5 or Lollipop was problematic moreso than others). 6.1 and up stable.

Less problems equal less posts and participation. Good for users less so for forums and advertising.

I visit AC but I have never had to post in the S9 forums as I have not had any issues. My fondness for pretty much all things BlackBerry have kept me around here. I unfortunately am seeing less and less participation @ here and my BE KeyOne has been solid.
    03-02-20 11:14 PM
    I'll post to AC if I have answers for a question. But, there are so many device sections that a device more than two years old gets very quite.

Although, the XDA forum is worse in that regard.

I'd say this forum gets more action per device, generally.
    03-03-20 09:15 AM
    It’s will always exist as long as folks like myself and others out there support the forums. I have made a lot of great friends out there since I have been on Crackberry and I will be here until the end.
    app_Developer and bunky1971 like this.
    03-04-20 05:40 AM
    I think some forum restructuring would be useful.

Most of the posts these days are in a small number of categories. I'm sure the CB Team could do the math to figure out which forums are still being used and which can be archived/combined.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    bakron1 likes this.
    03-04-20 06:48 AM
    I think some forum restructuring would be useful.

Most of the posts these days are in a small number of categories. I'm sure the CB Team could do the math to figure out which forums are still being used and which can be archived/combined.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    Yeah maybe just have the CrackBerry forum app and do away with the standard "CrackBerry" app. There is so little to no new information to share now that the BlackBerry Ltd and BlackBerry Mobile partnership has ended along with any official support. Anything to share could simply be done via forums for those still around. Just my .02
    03-04-20 05:37 PM
    I've been using a Samsung for the past two months as my DD but yet still find myself checking in on CB on a daily basis and never frequent any other forums. It's the toxic, dysfunctional community that keeps bringing me back!
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-05-20 07:17 AM
    just a matter of time before someone picks up the mantle and carries on the brand
    03-05-20 06:49 PM
    just a matter of time before someone picks up the mantle and carries on the brand
    After 4 failed attempts, who would be dumb enough to do that?
    03-05-20 11:23 PM
    After 4 failed attempts, who would be dumb enough to do that?
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try and try again.
    bunky1971 and sesp9 like this.
    03-05-20 11:32 PM
    If there is never going to be a new Blackberry, how long can Crackberry exist?
    It’s a Museum to comeback and reminisce on the days of when Berrys ruled.....North America.
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    03-07-20 06:05 AM
    TL;DR

Crackberry exists to benefit from ad revenue.

Many people in Mobile Nations don't have real jobs.
    03-14-20 06:29 AM
    TL;DR

Crackberry exists to benefit from ad revenue.

Many people in Mobile Nations don't have real jobs.
    Do you? :-D
    03-14-20 01:51 PM
    If there is never going to be a new Blackberry, how long can Crackberry exist?
    There's plenty of forums dedicate to long dead platforms, that using your logic should have no right to exist. There's vogons for vintage computing, atariage all about old video game consoles, lemon64 for all things commodore, and countless forums about various classic and vintage cars and trucks just to name a few. As long as there are enthusiasts who still use blackberries,new and old, then the forums will persist.
    03-14-20 04:06 PM
    The iPhone and Android fans need Crackberry to talk down to those of us still using the classic Blackberrys and to prove how enlightened they've become.
    03-15-20 07:46 AM
69 123