If there is never going to be a new Blackberry, how long can Crackberry exist?
    02-21-20 04:56 PM
    As long as it needs to or wants to. Just because no new devices are coming to market doesn't mean there's not still people out there using the devices that were released and as such, they will have questions, run into problems etc. People still visit and use the BBOS device forums, the PlayBook Forums, and even the older BlackBerry device forums and none of those devices are new by any means. Wiping the mountain of BlackBerry knowledge contained here at CrackBerry is not something we're not in any rush to do.
    02-21-20 05:04 PM
    For as long as it need to. As Bla1ze said. "Just because no new devices are coming to market doesn't mean there's not still people out there using the devices that were released and as such, they will have questions, run into problems etc."
    02-21-20 06:40 PM
    Besides, I really need this job
    02-21-20 06:48 PM
    CB will be MORE essential than ever... As a center of collaboration for keeping legacy on the road. We are ALL legacy users, now.
    02-21-20 07:52 PM
    There are still forums dedicated to vintage computers from the 80's. As long as there is traffic, Crackberry will be around in some form for some time.
    BergerKing and bunky1971 like this.
    02-22-20 01:13 PM
    I find the forum here on CB better than AC in terms of helpful posts and responses to questions. However, the disruptive ads on the AC app annoying as hell.
    BergerKing and elfabio80 like this.
    02-22-20 01:45 PM
    There is always a new device... Blackberry is a sort of vampire, immortal and feeding on BlackBerry fans
    02-22-20 03:35 PM
    There is always a new device... Blackberry is a sort of vampire, immortal and feeding on BlackBerry fans
    TCL shot a stake through BlackBerry heart, rendering unconscious as the sun came up over the horizon vaporizing the mobile hardware division at sunrise.
    02-22-20 03:43 PM
    TCL shot a stake through BlackBerry heart, rendering unconscious as the sun came up over the horizon vaporizing the mobile hardware division at sunrise.
    02-22-20 05:53 PM
    If this forum died, I'd self-host a replacement. This is a great community. It's worth keeping together.
    02-22-20 08:45 PM
    ^^^
    As above. Why shouldn't it exist.
    How could we do without Chuck. Lol.

Posted via my beautiful priv
    02-23-20 06:04 AM
    I'm checking in everyday to see when the first CB phone is released. I want to be one of the first.
    By the way if I can offer an amazing and inspirational name for your first phone, can we consider the Crackberry Fire???

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    02-23-20 06:40 AM
    I'm checking in everyday to see when the first CB phone is released. I want to be one of the first.
    By the way if I can offer an amazing and inspirational name for your first phone, can we consider the Crackberry Fire???

I’m selling the rights to official name that I helped come up with. The Unicorn is available for $100 million with CBAndroid and CB PKB or we can discuss partial licensing. Won’t make the same BB mistakes here.

The Fire would be a good name for PRIV knockoff.
    02-23-20 07:11 AM

Then we can easily make fun of it. Sales were not on fire. Etc.
    02-23-20 08:52 AM
    I find the forum here on CB better than AC in terms of helpful posts and responses to questions. However, the disruptive ads on the AC app annoying as hell.
    Yep. I RARELY go on AC anymore. I only go there to read Jerry Hildenbrands pieces. Dig his writing and thoughts on tech. Their forum traffic has decreased immensely.
    Last edited by bh7171; 02-23-20 at 11:23 PM.
    pgg101 likes this.
    02-23-20 12:57 PM
    Crackberry is a lifestyle, a spot for bb lovers, not a smartphone brand

Posted via Classic
    diggs007 and Phillip st like this.
    02-24-20 03:48 PM
    I suspect that with BBMo going away... so will the their full support of CrackBerry. Thus the ads will return back to the way they were.

But as long as they don't block users that use adblockers... all should be good.
    02-24-20 03:52 PM
    Crackberry is a lifestyle, a spot for bb lovers, not a smartphone brand

Posted via Classic
    I thought you resurrected a Virginia tourism slogan for a minute
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-24-20 03:53 PM
    Forever.
    02-24-20 04:52 PM
    Forever.
    Nothing last forever....

It will last as long as the ad revenue justify the cost in hosting and supporting the site.

Bottom line is Future is a business that needs eyeballs for marketing and ad revenues. Relevant content is how they get those eyeballs... and get placed in other news search applets. Now I suspect that as long as Mobile Nations as a "group" stays viable, there will be room for hosting dead weight like CrackBerry and Webosnation. That said as platforms have matured... not sure how much help people need, or how "connected" Mobile Nations is.... to the report the news or just repeat it?
    Paulelmar18 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-25-20 01:46 PM
    Nothing last forever....

It will last as long as the ad revenue justify the cost in hosting and supporting the site.

Bottom line is Future is a business that needs eyeballs for marketing and ad revenues. Relevant content is how they get those eyeballs... and get placed in other news search applets. Now I suspect that as long as Mobile Nations as a "group" stays viable, there will be room for hosting dead weight like CrackBerry and Webosnation. That said as platforms have matured... not sure how much help people need, or how "connected" Mobile Nations is.... to the report the news or just repeat it?
    It was a joke.
    02-25-20 08:14 PM
    Crackberry is the Highlander of the mobile device reporting world!!!
    In the End, There Can Only Be One!
    02-25-20 10:18 PM
    Crackberry is the Highlander of the mobile device reporting world!!!
    But it's becoming a PITA by not creating a Mega Thread that would capture all this rumour, is it over, how many more updates will I get and on and on. I am noticing a drop in comments from people requiring help and when those requests stop so does Crackberry.
    Paulelmar18 and BanffMoose like this.
    02-25-20 10:38 PM
    But it's becoming a PITA by not creating a Mega Thread that would capture all this rumour, is it over, how many more updates will I get and on and on. I am noticing a drop in comments from people requiring help and when those requests stop so does Crackberry.
    Yep- many threads turn into the same talking points and for a new user or one looking for information it has to be head scratching. There would probably be a lot more interest in newer devices 17-19 had they been supported better and longer in the collaboration. Unfortunate for all really.
    02-25-20 11:01 PM
69 123