It is ridicules that US blackberry users have to wait another 6 weeks before getting a blackberry Z10. Europe is using the phone as you read this. Canadian�s will have theirs this weekend/next week. This is not a carrier because none of the carriers in the US will/can launch the device until sometime in March�Sprint users, they are worst because Sprint could care less.
    This is all on RIM, oops Blackberry. They already lost support in the US and now they made it worst�All the companies including mine is leaving blackberry and moving to iPhones.
    Clinto likes this.
    01-30-13 03:32 PM
    US buyers will buy it because they've been following the leaks and updates, getting emails from RIM and are tuned into to BlackBerry 10.

Just because Thor didn't dance on iPhone/Android graves, and smash Apples and Jelly Beans into the crowd with a Calloway Titanium driver, doesn't mean it still isn't the same BlackBerry 10 we've been following, and excited to see in "Official" form.

They'll buy it because its what they want.
    01-30-13 03:43 PM
    as i stated in another post ( http://forums.crackberry.com/general...period-765590/ ) Canadians are always waiting for products that Americas can get right away. this is nothing new to us. So you have to wait for this one, Deal with it lol this is usually the reality for us Canadians! Blackberry is a Canadian company and Canada and the UK have supported Blackberry unlike a lot of the US. Why wouldn't they hit them first with the z10?
    01-30-13 03:44 PM
    ... if it fits a consumers needs the day it is available, why not?
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-30-13 03:50 PM
    Uhhh, cuz it's awesome. Jeez
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-30-13 03:52 PM
    The wait is most likely due to US carrier certification, which is typically (and unnecessarily) more comprehensive than that of other carriers. They all have arbitrary requirements which aren't present anywhere else in the world.

You can still buy it unlocked, for sure.
    MoolahMitch and BergerKing like this.
    Then everyone gets upset when app developers in the US market take the wait and see approach. Most of the major apps anounced today is not available yet. It will be in the future, no one knows when.
    as i stated in another post ( http://forums.crackberry.com/general...period-765590/ ) Canadians are always waiting for products that Americas can get right away. this is nothing new to us. So you have to wait for this one, Deal with it lol this is usually the reality for us Canadians! Blackberry is a Canadian company and Canada and the UK have supported Blackberry unlike a lot of the US. Why wouldn't they hit them first with the z10?

This is quite the misnomer, ever heard of the FDA?
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-30-13 03:54 PM
    This is all on RIM, oops Blackberry.
    How have you come to this conclusion, if the UK carriers are selling it immediately and Canadian carriers are selling it within the week? Why have only the US carriers been slow?

All the companies including mine is leaving blackberry and moving to iPhones.
    Really? Absolutely all of them? Every last one?
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-30-13 03:54 PM
    It is ridicules that US blackberry users have to wait another 6 weeks before getting a blackberry Z10. Europe is using the phone as you read this. Canadian’s will have theirs this weekend/next week. This is not a carrier because none of the carriers in the US will/can launch the device until sometime in March…Sprint users, they are worst because Sprint could care less.
    This is all on RIM, oops Blackberry. They already lost support in the US and now they made it worst…All the companies including mine is leaving blackberry and moving to iPhones.
    You have to wait a little while and you throw your toys out of the pram?
    It's hard to dispel the American stereotype when we constantly see things like this.
    Do you actually believe Blackberry would purposely delay the phones release in the US after spending a ridiculous amount of money on a Superbowl ad that has next to no return on it outside the US?
    Keep in mind the US carriers can pretty much tell Blackberry what to do since Blackberry have next to no pull inside the US and you actually believe that Blackberry are holding out on the US carriers?
    My bet is the carriers are trying to make as much money as they can from blackberry 10 which is why they are not ready to release
    devinthomas and DPanacci like this.
    01-30-13 03:55 PM
    Great job BlackBerry!
    01-30-13 03:55 PM
    The wait is most likely due to US carrier certification, which is typically (and unnecessarily) more comprehensive than that of other carriers. They all have arbitrary requirements which aren't present anywhere else in the world.

You can still buy it unlocked, for sure.
    I was just wondering what is nvolved in US carriers testing that takes so long. What tests do they do that others don't that take so long?
    01-30-13 03:57 PM
    Your country has a smaller population than our largest state. Did you ever think that may be the reason why you have to wait?

Just because you always have to play the waiting game doesn't mean you should underestimate or overlook the US markets importance.

Americans use to be diehard BB users. I'm sorry Americans realized RIM was slipping before the rest of the world did. We are the reason they are falling. We will be the reason for their rise to the top, just like the last time.
    01-30-13 03:58 PM
    It is ridicules that US blackberry users have to wait another 6 weeks before getting a blackberry Z10. Europe is using the phone as you read this. Canadian’s will have theirs this weekend/next week. This is not a carrier because none of the carriers in the US will/can launch the device until sometime in March…Sprint users, they are worst because Sprint could care less.
    This is all on RIM, oops Blackberry. They already lost support in the US and now they made it worst…All the companies including mine is leaving blackberry and moving to iPhones.
    I think someone needs a time out & a nap to get over their temper tantrum. Grow up & deal with it. You'll get it soon enough.
    BergerKing and bruteforce037 like this.
    01-30-13 04:00 PM
    Your country has a smaller population than our largest state. Did you even think that may be the reason why you have to wait?

Americans use to be diehard BB users. I'm sorry Americans realized RIM was slipping before the rest of the world did. We are the reason they are falling. We will be the reason for their rise to the top, just like the last time.
    what has population sizes have to do with waiting?
    what absolute nonsense.
    if something is ready, its ready to go, no matter how large or small a population...
    look to the carriers for this one, it was already said the delay was due to testing.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    Your country has a smaller population than our largest state. Did you even think that may be the reason why you have to wait?

Thank you.
    I was just wondering what is nvolved in US carriers testing that takes so long. What tests do they do that others don't that take so long?

Probably something along these lines. Typical of a US corporation, outsource it....

The NAC - Mobile Phone Lab and Field Testing
    jimpilot likes this.
    01-30-13 04:01 PM
    what has population sizes have to do with waiting?
    what absolute nonsense.
    if something is ready, its ready to go, no matter how large or small a population...
    look to the carriers for this one, it was already said the delay was due to testing.
    You clearly didn't read what I said, if you did you would know my comments were directly towards the poster, not towards RIM.

Please read first before commenting, and if it takes you two times, do read it again. American has a bigger and wealthier market. You honestly don't think that makes a difference?
    01-30-13 04:02 PM
    testing probably means negogiating with carriers just how much of a slice they can have...
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-30-13 04:02 PM
    You clearly didn't read what I said, if you did you would know my comments were directly towards the poster, not towards RIM.

Please read first before commenting.
    you mentioned population as a reason for having to wait for things.
    i read that fine. and i say it has nothing to do with having to wait.
    i'm have no idea what your point is here, there must be a crossed wire because i have reread the comment i quoted and still can not see what i have missed in my reply?
    01-30-13 04:04 PM
    It takes time to add nonsense like bloatware and Carrier IQ.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    01-30-13 04:07 PM
    Probably something along these lines. Typical of a US corporation, outsource it....

The NAC - Mobile Phone Lab and Field Testing
    Thanks that helps but after reading through their summary can't see anything that takes however long they have had the phones for test to date plus 2 more months.
    01-30-13 04:10 PM
    It takes time to add nonsense like bloatware and Carrier IQ.
    That is closer to the truth I fear.
    01-30-13 04:11 PM
    US buyers will buy it because they've been following the leaks and updates, getting emails from RIM and are tuned into to BlackBerry 10.

Just because Thor didn't dance on iPhone/Android graves, and smash Apples and Jelly Beans into the crowd with a Calloway Titanium driver, doesn't mean it still isn't the same BlackBerry 10 we've been following, and excited to see in "Official" form.

They'll buy it because its what they want.
    You're delusional if you think "US buyers" will buy it because they've following all the info surrounding BB10.

It's the same way elections work- You DO NOT need to pander or convert your base. It's the opposition that you must convince.

Your average smartphone user already doesn't follow or give a crap about Blackberry, and this is just one more failure on a long list of missed opportunities in the mind of the average consumer.
    jimpilot likes this.
    01-30-13 04:13 PM

Please read first before commenting, and if it takes you two times, do read it again. American has a bigger and wealthier market. You honestly don't think that makes a difference?
    Actually, according to recent stats Canada is wealthier than the US on a per capita basis. However the US market is a magnitude larger than Canada's which makes the US very important to BB. The US release delay is a total bummer in many ways.
    01-30-13 04:14 PM
67 123