I'm not sure if this has already been posted on the forum but I apologize if it has already been. I'm going to ask you guys anyway - why is the settings screen laggy? It works fine, but compared to other UI within the z10, it is a bit laggy. Is there any way they could fix it through an update? I'm not complaining about it or what, but I'm curious about the reason behind it.

Posted via CB10 on my absolutely awesome Z10!!
    04-02-13 04:24 AM
    I'm not sure if this has already been posted on the forum but I apologize if it has already been. I'm going to ask you guys anyway - why is the settings screen laggy? It works fine, but compared to other UI within the z10, it is a bit laggy. Is there any way they could fix it through an update? I'm not complaining about it or what, but I'm curious about the reason behind it.

Posted via CB10 on my absolutely awesome Z10!!
    It's by design. It's a feature so that you have a chance to think before you change settings.
    04-02-13 04:45 AM
    The settings screen is laggy because it is not written in cascades, oddly enough. As far as i know the settings app is written in Adobe AIR. So the settings app isn't a native app
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-02-13 04:46 AM
    The actual reason is because it has to collect a lot of data from the device, the mobile radio, the WiFi and a number of other external sources.
    04-02-13 05:21 AM
    The settings screen is laggy because it is not written in cascades, oddly enough. As far as i know the settings app is written in Adobe AIR. So the settings app isn't a native app
    That's very interesting, bit of a let down though. Thank god I don't use the settings app too much aha

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 05:55 AM
    I have not seen any official statement from BlackBerry to confirm this. There may be one but, I haven't seen it. As far as I know, this is a rumor that keeps getting reposted. If you have a link to show where BB states this, please provide it. Thank you.
    04-02-13 07:15 AM
    I have not seen any official statement from BlackBerry to confirm this. There may be one but, I haven't seen it. As far as I know, this is a rumor that keeps getting reposted. If you have a link to show where BB states this, please provide it. Thank you.
    my reasoning for believing this is that it doesn't "Flow" like the other apps. Ex. Remember, calendar, etc.
    04-02-13 07:21 AM
    I believe it might actually be an HTML5 app.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 07:24 AM
    BB doesn't confirm or deny such things usually, but maybe you'll take my word for it. There are ways of checking the type of an app (at least, if you're a knowledgeable developer).

He's right, it IS still an AIR app, not a Cascades one.

I keep hoping for an update that will change that, but unfortunately it will be 10.2 or perhaps much later before we ever see it.
    bmercer94 likes this.
    04-02-13 07:41 AM
    By the way, other things that are still AIR include:

1. the "first launch" sequence
    2. Help app
    3. Setup
    4. system Weather app
    04-02-13 07:45 AM
    They need to purge AIR from any app or interface that is native to the phone, and get us BB10 for the PlayBook that does the same thing.
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-02-13 07:57 AM
    Are you using the latest update? The settings screen was very laggy prior to the upgraded OS and now it is much better.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 10:10 AM
    It's better, but still laggy. Quite obvious.
    04-02-13 10:49 AM
    Would I prefer for BlackBerry spend developer time rewritting the Settings app that I rarely use or improving Facebook? Hmmm, let me think about that. Yeah, the Settings app is fine. Work on something that matters.
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-02-13 11:06 AM
    Hey guys, the LEAKED 10.2 updates have been confirmed as to having a NATIVE settings app. Hopefully it flows alot better after an official update. Hope your carriers all push it out in a timely manner, I'm certain that my Verizon device will not get the update any time this fall haha
    08-06-13 02:17 PM
    Hey guys, the LEAKED 10.2 updates have been confirmed as to having a NATIVE settings app. Hopefully it flows alot better after an official update. Hope your carriers all push it out in a timely manner, I'm certain that my Verizon device will not get the update any time this fall haha
    Lol. I got surprised when this thread was resurrected. But anyway, right now, I'm running the leaked 10.2. Settings app is now flowing.

Posted via the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    08-06-13 02:23 PM
    With previous OS, it was laggy. Latest 10.2 is BOLT rapid
    08-06-13 02:46 PM
    Would I prefer for BlackBerry spend developer time rewritting the Settings app that I rarely use or improving Facebook? Hmmm, let me think about that. Yeah, the Settings app is fine. Work on something that matters.
    So you prefer to have an OS that has a settings app that isn't written in native code, but Adobe Air? Please...

I'd like for it to not take up to 7 seconds for my settings to show up when I need to access them. It should be instant every single time. Air needs to go. 10.2 supposedly fixes this.
    08-06-13 02:51 PM
    Actually it's the same on the Q10, well used to be on mine till I whacked some 10.2 in there and it's smoothness all the way!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 04:30 PM
    I now relish reading words like "native" and "cascades" whenever I'm reading something about blackberry 10
    08-06-13 05:18 PM
    Lol. I got surprised when this thread was resurrected. But anyway, right now, I'm running the leaked 10.2. Settings app is now flowing.

Posted via the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    I think some people gets really bored and look into older threads months/years before lol

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 05:23 PM
    Made from Adobe AIR. Adobe AIR is sh1t!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 06:02 PM
    I now relish reading words like "native" and "cascades" whenever I'm reading something about blackberry 10
    I agree. Everything on BB10 should be native and in cascades. Slowly but surely BB10 is getting there.
    08-06-13 06:37 PM