Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I love my Blackberry Keyone and want to stay with it, but I have just discovered that exactly the same SIM is massively slower in the Keyone than in the P20.

I ran a speed test in identical conditions (sat in same chair, five minutes apart) and the P20 had an average top speed of 26 meg download whereas the Blackberry Keyone was 10 meg download.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
    12-07-18 02:40 PM
    Could be the antenna, could be less optimized software, could be utilizing different LTE bands or carrier aggregatation I forget how the P20 is set up. Which carrier are using them both on?
    12-07-18 02:59 PM
    I love my Blackberry Keyone and want to stay with it, but I have just discovered that exactly the same SIM is massively slower in the Keyone than in the P20.

I ran a speed test in identical conditions (sat in same chair, five minutes apart) and the P20 had an average top speed of 26 meg download whereas the Blackberry Keyone was 10 meg download.

Huawei known also as biggest telco vendor in the world so I assume they know how to build a good signal quality reception devices at their mobile phones

Sent From My Q10
    12-08-18 01:53 AM
    Congestion, that's why. Has nothing to do with the SIM. Check the network LTE bands and compare. If it has a new band, you'll know why.

Typed on my BlackBerry passport, via freedom mobile DC-HSPA+/LTE
    12-17-18 01:25 PM
    Congestion, that's why. Has nothing to do with the SIM. Check the network LTE bands and compare. If it has a new band, you'll know why.

Typed on my BlackBerry passport, via freedom mobile DC-HSPA+/LTE
    So in five minutes the network got more congested??

I agree speed has nothing to do with the SIM... it's the hardware. The modem used in the Kirin 970 is twice as fast as the older modem in the SD660 (upload might be even more of a gap). Paired with faster processor, faster RAM and faster Storage... it will all just feel faster.
    12-17-18 01:35 PM
    So in five minutes the network got more congested??

I agree speed has nothing to do with the SIM... it's the hardware. The modem used in the Kirin 970 is twice as fast as the older modem in the SD660 (upload might be even more of a gap). Paired with faster processor, faster RAM and faster Storage... it will all just feel faster.
    The OP is talking about the 625 in the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. So, it's hardly surprising.

625 is 150mbps up, 300mbps down.
    660 is 150mbps up, 600mbps down.
    835 is 150mbps up, 1000mbps down.
    845 is 150mbps up, 1200mbps down.
    Kirin 970 is 150mbps up, 1200mbps down.
    Last edited by conite; 12-17-18 at 01:49 PM.
    12-17-18 01:37 PM

The Huawei P20 Pro has the Kirin970 SoC which has LTE CAT.18 Modem, while the KEYOne has an older Cat.13 modem.
    yorkshireman2 likes this.
    12-20-18 09:08 AM
    The Huawei P20 Pro has the Kirin970 SoC which has LTE CAT.18 Modem, while the KEYOne has an older Cat.13 modem.
    Thanks for that knowledgeable reply. Makes sense.
    Ah well. I shall just have to live with it as I'm giving the P20 Pro to my wife. After a day playing with it I realise how much better the Keyone is in so many ways, if not the camera and possibly the Internet speed.
    12-20-18 09:13 AM
    Thanks for that knowledgeable reply. Makes sense.
    Ah well. I shall just have to live with it as I'm giving the P20 Pro to my wife. After a day playing with it I realise how much better the Keyone is in so many ways, if not the camera and possibly the Internet speed.
    In the end... whatever works best for you, is the best solution. Enjoy your KEYone.
    12-20-18 09:20 AM