Why rim is going to succeed.

1. Apple ui is boring and dated!

2. Android too many phones too many hands in the pot. ui updates are becoming difficult.

3. Windows ui, ugly! Have they ever been in the leading edge of phone tech.

4. BlackBerry! Everyone loves a comeback story boy what they have in mind.

9900 style phone:. 3.4" screen
    Optical track pad - controls bezel functions
    Larger best in industry keyboard with favorite app shortcuts
    Notification leds
    BlackBerry bridge
    Dlna certification
    Ui - tat integration. Eg double tap track pad while apps are open all apps
    Swirl into icons and form staircase cascade where they
    Can be closed Reodered or just selected.
    With Tat why open one app at a time, with a flick motion, instead. Of a tap, you can select multiple apps at once!
    Tat will also organize your photos your songs contacts etc. The same animation as running apps, flick your Photos or songs into a play order better interaction and Organization than any other ui

Best antenna. In the industry with latest aquisition

Also 4.6" all touch phone with optical trackpad and notification leds

A new 7.8". Playbook

Aquisition of roku

Makeit so rim!
    Last edited by crackd11; 04-03-12 at 07:13 PM.
    04-03-12 07:00 PM
    lol. That's some good stuff.
    04-03-12 09:01 PM
    Keep on dreaming and dream big
    Last edited by smartie88; 04-03-12 at 09:18 PM.
    04-03-12 09:14 PM
    i still believe in RIM!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-03-12 09:24 PM
    Your reason why RIM will succeed is because (in your opinion) iOS is boring, Android has too many phones and Windows Phone is ugly?
    04-03-12 10:17 PM
    Your reason why RIM will succeed is because (in your opinion) iOS is boring, Android has too many phones and Windows Phone is ugly?
    Good stuff!
    Guy must work at rim, shares their attitude.
    04-04-12 01:31 AM

1. Apple ui is boring and dated!
    I can't say that iOS is boring, but yeah I agree that they use the same interface for like 6 years now. It starts to become a little bit old, don't you think?

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    04-04-12 03:40 AM
    Lol ios dated? Seems to be working for them
    04-04-12 03:42 AM
    04-04-12 03:49 AM
    Lol.. Man u r merciless.
    That animation is just on the right place on the right time.
    04-04-12 04:20 AM
    Because "Windows ui, ugly!"
    Have u even ever touched a windows phone.?
    04-04-12 04:23 AM
    I think RIM can succeed and has the path to a strategy very few other companies can compete with. But, it will require a lot of difficult engineering and some clever marketing.

1) 1st out of the gate is that BB10 has to be really good. Honestly, I don't think this is possible, and almost believe BB10 will find it hard to succeed in an overcrowded market. My personal alternative (which people here hate) is RIM adopts Android, but adds its own Unique BB like UI over it, beefs up security, and provides unique apps. Either BB10 or an Android based BB would be the high end of the market.

2) Tey and drop BB7 phones' manufacturing costs dramatically, and have them serve the lower end, as well as on board users new to the smarhone market. Especially in countries where phones are largely purchased unlocked.

3) Expand BBM to desktops (windows and Mac).Grow it into a secure and professional alternative to FB. The building blocks are already there. Put it on the Internet, but make sure that BBs are the only phones with native apps.

RIM has some great assets, a loyal core audience, and great engineering. They just need smarter strategic management which hopefully Heins is providing.
    04-04-12 04:55 AM
    OP, that's self-referrential.

A shorter version would be:

"RIM will succeed because I want it to"

or

"RIM will succeed because I think it will"

=======================

"Success" isn't binary.

What do we mean by "RIM will succeed"?

- Market share? Is holding market share success? Slowing decline? Growth? NA? All markets? All segments?

- Share price/market cap? Holding even, slowing the decline, growing? To what level?

- Independence? Is it success if RIM remains an independent company? Does that mean that if Microsoft buys RIM and incorporates BBM in Windows 8, RIM failed? What if a buyer open sources BBX and it takes off, is that a success or a failure?

- Markets? Is it success if a tablet 2.0 launches? Even if it sells worse than PB? Is it success if RIM drops tablets but phone sales increase?

- Survival? Until when?
    UK Wildcats won the 2012 NCAA men's basketball championship. I could care less, but their "success" is binary and easily measured.

What do we consider success for RIM?

My PERSONAL opinion is that a return to relevance would be success for RIM, and I hope it happens. If a year from now, I would meet a real individual or organization that asks "We are evaluating ______, _______, and Blackberry, and we hope to decide soon" I will be overjoyed. I have not heard Blackberry mentioned in that sentence for at least a year.

Right now, all I hear is "Every time I enthusiastically demonstrate my playbook, which I do ten times per day, the person says they really really love it, that their ___ can't compare, and that they will buy a pb soon, as they back away slowly and glance over their shoulders for a safe exit."
    04-04-12 06:58 AM
    I guess iOS isn't out dated but BBOS is due to them both using the same basic UI for years. Yes the BBOS is out dated for other reasons.
    04-04-12 07:29 AM
    Hope this works.

This is a difference between life and death for the company.

One thing out of mark, stocks explosion.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    04-04-12 07:39 AM
    I can't say that iOS is boring, but yeah I agree that they use the same interface for like 6 years now. It starts to become a little bit old, don't you think?

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    Yes, but most would say the exact same thing of BBOS. 4-5-6-7, very few UI changes in years.
    04-04-12 07:39 AM
    Windows UI is the sexiest.. Just sayin...
    04-04-12 07:42 AM
    I do think that iOS is dated(I've owned all iphones and ipads) and I think the next to create buzz and excitement is Windows UI. It is truly amazing and a breath of fresh air, something new and exciting. Lumia 900 is a great phone. It's not going to smash sales records, but it is a great phone. Also, for those who don't think iOS is dated probably never had the original iphone.
    04-04-12 12:02 PM
    you deserve the best reply award for 2012
    04-04-12 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD