Just watching the Blackberry World Keyboard and saw a demo of the amazing Keyboard and the wow camera function which can go back in time and Heins. Is saying there is more...
    Cmon RIM!!! You are three months away from launch and you are showing off all these cool features. The other fruit company will launch these features and tell the world they created magic...
    Having said that, the soft keyboard is awesome...just wow...
    Patent this already...
    05-01-12 08:43 AM
    Are you really sure you want to keep this thread title...?
    And what exactly is being launched in 3 months? Hint: don't respond with "BB10"
    SK122387 and deezy87 like this.
    05-01-12 08:47 AM
    Give them time but I personally feel this is Rims last chance to survive. BB10 needs to be a winner for them to compete in the smart phone market.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-01-12 08:49 AM
    Have you been watching the Keynote by Heins?
    He just said that the actual hardware will be launching later this year, but they gave an amazing demo on the Dev Alpha device. But so early before launch might make some other companies go back to the drawing board before they launch their own products.
    The features are very cool. The keyboard is something very different. The app flow implementation is also something very innovative. No need to go back to home or swipe to home. The apps are just there to move around.
    05-01-12 08:52 AM
    how does "later this year" turn into "3 months" when it travels from Thor's mouth to this forum though?
    Stewartj1 and mithrazor like this.
    05-01-12 08:54 AM
    The app flow implementation is also something very innovative. No need to go back to home or swipe to home.
    Are we pretending the PlayBook and iPad don't exist? They both support swiping between apps.
    Premium1 and mca312 like this.
    05-01-12 08:57 AM
    how does "later this year" turn into "3 months" when it travels from Thor's mouth to this forum though?
    Agreed. Jumped the gun on the three months bit. More like the third quarter date is stuck in my mind.
    Might be even later. And thats the thing, this phone they showed off...if they did launch in a month's time..trust me it would sell. But if they delay it then showing off the features now enables others to copy them.
    Anyway the features are VERY INNOVATIVE....RIM has brought out a great OS from the initial looks.
    Last edited by sam_b77; 05-01-12 at 09:11 AM.
    05-01-12 08:58 AM
    Features look nice. My concern is the screen resolution, it's 1280x768 from what I read, which is higher than the iPhone 4S. I wonder if apps are going to be bigger in size. This would make getting the 16GB phone useless....
    05-01-12 09:00 AM
    With what RIM showed off today iOS doesn't matter. This can come out after iPhone 5 and it doesn't matter to RIM.

Don't you guys get it? RIM isn't trying to build a Apple killer. They don't have to. Apple can have their market, and RIM is carving out their own here for the BlackBerry People. People like me man... get stuff done FAST. They're building a phone that'll appeal to 1 in 5 people. Not 4 in 5. And that's FINE. It's not a smartphone market anymore.. it's a global phone market of smarter phones. RIM can have a hugely successful company building a phone for a segment of the market. I think they have their positioning finally figured out here.

BlackBerry totally has their priorities straight here.. build phones for people who have stuff to do and want to get it done. Flow experience rocks.

BlackBerry is seriously back baby.
    russnash, spike12, Hamp and 64 others like this.
    05-01-12 09:04 AM
    With what RIM showed off today iOS doesn't matter. This can come out after iPhone 5 and it doesn't matter to RIM.

Don't you guys get it? RIM isn't trying to build a Apple killer. They don't have to. Apple can have their market, and RIM is carving out their own here for the BlackBerry People. People like me man... get stuff done FAST. They're building a phone that'll appeal to 1 in 5 people. Not 4 in 5. And that's FINE. It's not a smartphone market anymore.. it's a global phone market of smarter phones. RIM can have a hugely successful company building a phone for a segment of the market. I think they have their positioning finally figured out here.

BlackBerry totally has their priorities straight here.. build phones for people who have stuff to do and want to get it done. Flow experience rocks.

Right on Kevin. What I'm seeing right now is giving me goose bumps.

The company is back to its roots and innovating. Not behind the curve, but ahead of it.

The hard work and brickbats on the PB OS is bringing results. A whole new way of interacting with touch devices. The icon rows UI is looking so last decade now.
    WOW...
    Deu2e, polytope, Chrisy and 2 others like this.
    05-01-12 09:09 AM
    Are we pretending the PlayBook and iPad don't exist? They both support swiping between apps.
    Very different from iPad or Playbook. You would have to see it. Can't describe it.

What it basically does is that you can slide up you messages partially from the side, while the calendar is open and then bring up another pane of chat messages while the email pane is underneath and calendar pane is below that.
    Still can't describe it accurately though.

The way Thorsten Heins said is that all apps are open all the time and no need to go back anywhere and launch app. Just pull what you need from side.
    Maybe Kevin would do a better job describing it.
    maddie1128, Chrisy and abramadhi like this.
    05-01-12 09:14 AM

I think RIM is actually smart going that route simply becuase it is highly impractical for them to try and commit a frontal assault against the mega-giant financial resources of the other guys on the battlefield. I'm not saying this to belittle RIM, I'm merely pointing out that RIM simply is not as obscenely wealthy as the others.

It's more tactically sound for them to perform flanking maneuvers over the next few years in order to build their position. You have to keep things in perspective - there's a few phone manufacturers who have thrown in their lot with the Android OS that are not any better off than RIM is running BB OS7.

Keep in mind, Android might be ahead of RIM right now, but that doesn't automatically translate into HTC (just an example) being ahead of RIM just because their phones are running it. Android phone makers have to contend with not only other Android phones, but also iPhones, BB, and other phone makers that make both Windows Phones and Androids. RIM, like Apple, being the makers of their own hardware+software can do well for themselves in that atmosphere as long as they stay current and don't fall into 3 years of total apathy and complacency like they did prior to the recent shake-up.
    Last edited by omniusovermind; 05-01-12 at 09:22 AM.
    05-01-12 09:15 AM
    Just watching the Blackberry World Keyboard and saw a demo of the amazing Keyboard and the wow camera function which can go back in time and Heins. Is saying there is more...

Cmon RIM!!! You are three months away from launch and you are showing off all these cool features. The other fruit company will launch these features and tell the world they created magic...

Patent this already...

i agree with you completely. rim needs to patent all they can.

Sent from Blackberry 9810 with Crackberry forum app
    05-01-12 09:15 AM
    Very different from iPad or Playbook. You would have to see it. Can't describe it.

What it basically does is that you can slide up you messages partially from the side, while the calendar is open and then bring up another pane of chat messages while the email pane is underneath and calendar pane is below that.
    Still can't describe it accurately though.

The way Thorsten Heins said is that all apps are open all the time and no need to go back anywhere and launch app. Just pull what you need from side.
    Maybe Kevin would do a better job describing it.
    I really hope battery management is getting a lot of development time. Between these features and 4G LTE chips, this is sounding like the battery would die in 2 hours.
    05-01-12 09:16 AM
    That took a lot less time than I expected for a 'RIM is stupid' thread to show up after that demo.
    I knew it would I just figured it would take at least a little longer.
    Stewartj1, mzceetee and Chrisy like this.
    05-01-12 09:21 AM
    I really hope battery management is getting a lot of development time. Between these features and 4G LTE chips, this is sounding like the battery would die in 2 hours.
    Yea battery would be a concern. Well nothing can be said about that till it actually reaches the hands of end users.
    05-01-12 09:22 AM
    Patent this already...
    Can u post a vdo link of the New ui? Utube is full of , and I am too lazy to go through them all.

And yes u were right about That serious troll, if u remember me "CH*T*YA MAT BAN"
    05-01-12 09:22 AM
    The haters have nothing much to say. RIM is doing it right now. The UI is beautiful and functional. Very Zen!
    maddie1128, joski, sam_b77 and 1 others like this.
    05-01-12 09:23 AM
    That took a lot less time than I expected for a 'RIM is stupid' thread to show up after that demo.
    I knew it would I just figured it would take at least a little longer.
    I thought let a RIM lover get it out of the way before a hater comes up and trolls all the way to heaven
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    05-01-12 09:24 AM
    Can u post a vdo link of the New ui? Utube is full of , and I am too lazy to go through them all.

And yes u were right about That serious troll, if u remember me "CH*T*YA MAT BAN"
    Hahaha....
    Husain, I'm watching the live webcast. I don't think you can rewind it just yet.
    You can start watching it by following the link on the CB homepage.
    05-01-12 09:25 AM
    Hahaha....
    Husain, I'm watching the live webcast. I don't think you can rewind it just yet.
    You can start watching it by following the link on the CB homepage.
    Live streaming: a big no no at work!
    Maybe CB will post some videos later when its finished.
    05-01-12 09:28 AM
    Great looking phone, great looking OS, not so great lineup of Devs. RIM have got to work on that.
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-01-12 09:33 AM
    Great looking phone, great looking OS, not so great lineup of Devs. RIM have got to work on that.
    I'm going to have to agree with that one. I read the examples given in the news blog, and frankly, the huge name app devs are already tripping over themselves to get on WP8 which isn't even as far along as BB10 yet. I'm already aware of why that is, but it's not an excuse.

But still, as Kevin said and I agree, they don't need to be as huge as MS or Google to be a big player, they just need to be as good as or better than the individual OEM's who are making those phones.
    05-01-12 09:40 AM
    Just had a vdo of cascades.
    A-W-E-S-O-M-E. Period. This ui is gonna be the wickedest thing around when its out.

I bet Steve Jobs' wishing to kiss the designers, and maybe heins too.
    Last edited by husainpatan; 05-01-12 at 09:44 AM.
    05-01-12 09:41 AM
    Bingo, Kev. People need to get out of this all-or-nothing mindset. It really sounds like RIM learned a big lesson from marketing the PlayBook as just another tablet alternative. PB is not nor was ever meant to be RIM's iPad, just as it appears that BB10 is not intended to be RIM's iPhone. Rather, it is RIM's own answer to what consumers seem to be demanding of their mobile devices. There's plenty of room in the market for a not-iPhone and a not-Android. I think RIM's biggest challenge is going to be how to effectively market itself in that light.
    05-01-12 09:43 AM
105 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD