Why is RIM not advertising the new BB7 phones? I have not seen anything at all besides on crackberry and various tech sites.

What is up with that? What is the reason? How will anyone know they are out if they are not being shown off to the world?
    08-09-11 08:51 PM
    The advertising videos take time to be made. It cannot be made in a second like a video blog can. Please do understand how long it actually takes to make those. Time and money.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-11 08:54 PM
    The advertising videos take time to be made. It cannot be made in a second like a video blog can. Please do understand how long it actually takes to make those. Time and money.

To play devil's advocate here, a good ad can be done within 2 weeks professionally if **** is busted. I think the further issue is that RIM obviously knew they were making OS7 phones for a while now; having an ad ready to go on launch day shouldn't have been difficult or out of the question.
    08-09-11 09:07 PM
    Reply why not...........

Post your question is the subject of the post.

08-09-11 10:04 PM
    The supply of the new phones is just now starting to trickle into the carriers and retail outlets. Also Rogers is the only carrier I have heard of that is actually selling the new phones, so far.

I would think once the supply pipeline is good to go and more carriers start selling them the commercial spots will follow.

Tim
    08-09-11 10:53 PM

You don't think those devices sprang out of the ground on the day they were announced, do you?
    08-10-11 12:06 AM
    Considering that is is only out on some carriers and is just being released to the world they won't advertise it yet. I'd give it a week before they do that.
    08-10-11 12:12 AM
    The week is up ;^)

Was about to launch a new thread until I noticed this one.Is RIM following the same timeline post-launch with the PlayBook ads, or waiting for more carriers to launch the BB7 phones?
    08-18-11 12:56 PM
    I don't know what they are thinking but it's pretty darn lame.

Maybe the 2000 layoffs were all in the marketing department?
    Wretch 12 likes this.
    08-18-11 01:21 PM
    RIM relies to heavily on the carriers and retailers to market their equipment. Having to really market for themselves is not something they have had to do till more recent. No carrier in the US has officially released them yet except Verizon, and I'm sure the stores aren't stocked, so lets give them till the end of August and see what they do. Does no good to tell people to buy your stuff if they can't go to the store and pick one up.
    Dapper37 and Jake Storm like this.
    08-18-11 01:39 PM
    Uhmm.

You start advertising the new phones before they launch so there is some anticipation from consumers.. You make it the next must have mobile device.. You don't accomplish this by not letting anyone know its launched..
    rollingrock1988 likes this.
    08-18-11 04:41 PM
    We should all show up and freak them out. When they try pushing Androids and iphone we should all be wearing a Bbm shirt or Rimpire strikes back. Kevin, hook us up.
    08-18-11 04:46 PM
    I think RIM should advertise there product & which carries are receiving it. This could lead in more exposure from the carriers.
    08-18-11 09:53 PM
    The phones are mostly not available yet. No point.

08-18-11 10:01 PM
    Probably because of the time it takes to make them and the fact that they aren't available for all US carriers yet.
    08-18-11 10:26 PM
    RIMs never been very good with advertising, which imo is the key to the iPhunct's (and Apple's in general) recent success.
    08-18-11 10:32 PM
    they accidentally put an android phone in their fan video... nuff said. lol
    DarshOne likes this.
    08-19-11 12:08 AM
    Patience grass hopper

08-19-11 12:14 AM
    RIMs never been very good with advertising, which imo is the key to the iPhunct's (and Apple's in general) recent success.
    However word of mouth is more credible... therefore if the "iPhunct" as you put it; wasn't any good, new and more importantly existing customers wouldn't be lining up every year to buy.
    08-19-11 07:41 AM
    Oh wow... now that is truly incredible.

Maybe it's better that RIM does NOT advertise.
    08-19-11 07:52 AM
    Weird... I posted #20 after #22, but they switched order.
    08-19-11 07:54 AM
    This is where RIM is getting killed. Apple is now king because their marketing/advertising is so much better. They made it cool to own an iWhatever and that's what the general consensus is now. I have basically boycotted Apple for that reason (my Sansa MP3 player does the same thing an IPod does for 1/2 the price), but perception is key.

RIM should be marketing the **** out of these things.
    08-19-11 11:41 AM
    Advertising is beneath RIM it seems.
    08-19-11 11:47 AM
    they accidentally put an android phone in their fan video... nuff said. lol

BlackBerry sucks at making fan videos - Engadget

sad..
    08-19-11 11:47 AM
    cuz they're ********?
    08-19-11 11:54 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD