I'm watching TV with the family and an iPhone 5 commercial comes on marketing their Photo Stream feature. First thing I hear was, "Oh. That's cool."

WTH!! My Bold (9930) has had that feature for a while - the ability to select multiple images and share them via email, text, etc. Some consumers react to the logic of, first advertised, you get the credit.

I know BB10 is on the horizon, but RIM still has a quality phone out there. I'm sick of RIM not getting credit where credit is due.

I know this has been said many of times but RIM needs to market, market, market. Even if they didn't come up with a feature, advertise it. At least you make people aware of your feature and allow yourself to be considered an option during the consumer purchasing process.

I do believe they will market extremely well and aggressively for BB10 and I cant wait to see what they do.

Sent from Bold 9930 #blackberrybychoice
    11-22-12 08:45 PM
    I'm watching TV with the family and an iPhone 5 commercial comes on marketing their Photo Stream feature. First thing I hear was, "Oh. That's cool."

WTH!! My Bold (9930) has had that feature for a while - the ability to select multiple images and share them via email, text, etc. Some consumers react to the logic of, first advertised, you get the credit.

I#blackberrybychoice
    The Bold is a solid device, however it doesn't make any sense for them to market that. If RIMM tried to market the bold as a consumer device it would backfire big time due to the features that it lacks when compared to the iphone/ any high end android device. Texting/emailing pictures isn't the same as photo stream. I'm sure marketing will change once BB10 is released.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    11-22-12 08:56 PM
    ^^^ Basically, what he said.

I'd add, there's some value in laying low for this buying season, and letting the general public basically "forget" about BlackBerry as a brand. It allows them to make a bigger splash when they roll out BB10 next quarter.
    11-22-12 09:13 PM
    Texting/emailing pictures isn't the same as photo stream.
    So can you explain the difference between what Apple displayed in the commercial and to what you can do with the 9930?

The commercial demonstrated a user selecting multiple images and then sharing them via email, text, or social. Can the 9930 not do that now?

As for marketing now, I agree. No need for it. I just wish they would have them.

Sent from Bold 9930 #blackberrybychoice
    11-22-12 10:23 PM
    photo stream uses icloud, there is no emailing and such. Its done automatically. You can take a picture on the iphone and then go to your ipad and bam, the picture is there. There is a difference for sure and much easier than emailing or txting the pictures to someone
    11-22-12 10:44 PM
    Yeah its a little late to worry about the current phones.

The one I always have to "chuckle" about is the Samsung commercial where they touch the phones and share the playlist. I was at work today and someone brought that up as being cooler than than iphone.

I told him me and my wife have transferred files between our Bolds for a long time now using NFC. He was like really? A BlackBerry?

Lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-22-12 11:20 PM