05-23-10 10:57 PM
42 12
tools
    That seems to be the direction they are headed because I honestly don't see how they could catch up to droid or iphone, as far as the average non enterprise user...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 10:44 PM
    I wonder if RIM is more focused and concerned about government agency and business class users more than joe average consumers?
    RIM is the plane, Blackberry is the passenger.
    RIM has set the plane, on autopilot, to create the ultimate Business class (hence the airplane reference) user device.
    Blackberry was always meant for business, that's why the e-mail is so good.
    05-22-10 10:49 PM
  3. T
    RIM has set the plane, on autopilot, to create the ultimate Business class (hence the airplane reference) user device.
    And managing my social life is serious business. Reliable messaging and battery life are of the utmost importance to me when it comes to a communication tool. I'm a consumer who's not looking for a toy. That's why I choose BlackBerry.
    05-23-10 12:20 AM
    But see, I didn't realize how bad the email was until the Pre - it's refreshing to get true HTML email that DOESN'T TRUNCATE.

They may push the email better than anyone, but I don't call truncated email "good".
    05-23-10 12:25 AM
    No the OP said he/she loves BlackBerry
    Where? Neither post says anything about loving his/her BB.
    05-23-10 03:17 AM
    Seriously! the os does not look like it belongs in "1995" like someone stated. I think it's rather elegant, and with the added transitions it's even better. I don't understand if people are such fans of other devices, why just not get them? The grass always looks better on the other side. My bb has no major issues, my previous 2 android phones were plagued with issues. I'd rather have a device that's stable than graphics and colors that "wow" me with poor battery life and issues.
    05-23-10 03:27 AM
    I have always said I love bb, but again for the average non enterprise user, I feel that there are other devices that are a better fit for the functions I would like to be able to use on my bb but cannot. Not to say that my 8330 hasn't served me well in fact it is the best device I have had thus far, but with the incredible and the soon to be evo, my device usage merits a change, do I wish I could stay with bb; absolutely! But sadly they are no longer concerned with the little guy only large corporate memo getters.

05-23-10 08:33 AM
    Pardon me, the OP said "BB is a great device", coupled along with the fact he/she has been a user since 08 all but says the OP really likes/loves their BlackBerry. If they didn't, they wouldn't waste time posting about it here, wouldn't care and would just move to a different Platform. My point being, you can totally love your device but not be happy about the current state of the Platform or the direction the average person thinks RIM is going.
    05-23-10 08:40 AM
    I think RIM is doing just fine....rather it be cooperate or not is no matter as my consumer but uses his BB for nothing more than entertainment and as an actual phone...and get plenty of battery life.

Some peoples issue's are so small into the bigger picture that RIM(if they actually cared to read forums)is sitting back and laughing while they keep selling device after device...

Oh of course Andriod and or the iPhone will. Make them obsolete, lol! Sure...and 2012 is happening too...just like Y2K...

Some of you people need to get over yourselves...

05-23-10 08:56 AM
    I have always said I love bb, but again for the average non enterprise user, I feel that there are other devices that are a better fit for the functions I would like to be able to use on my bb but cannot. Not to say that my 8330 hasn't served me well in fact it is the best device I have had thus far, but with the incredible and the soon to be evo, my device usage merits a change, do I wish I could stay with bb; absolutely! But sadly they are no longer concerned with the little guy only large corporate memo getters.

I was referring to the OP actually. Lock this thread.
    05-23-10 01:12 PM
    Seriously pi why are you such an ***, no one wants to have to Read your neg. Post all the time once again, forums are a form of communication, and these are the things that people talk about, why don't you goto your account and delete it.....

I totally agree with you. I agree. Post your complaints, your praises and your BB experiences. That is EXACTLY what this forum is for! Some people are just so unhappy with life.

05-23-10 07:45 PM
    Last time I checked, most successful businesses conduct business on the web (have web pages, generate revenue off the web, etc) and the Blackberry web browsing experience is bad. Bottom line, they have fallen behind and are in need of a shot in the arm. Their newest devices are behind in hardware specs as well. I love my Blackberry physical qwerty but I envy Droid, iPhone and even Palm's web browsing capabilities for conducting BUSINESS and for casual use.

05-23-10 08:06 PM
    I just want to say I love my bb and I hope they make a phone that is less business and more fun it seems that there is a new market of none business users are wanting to see this happen so hopefully they will catch on and produce something for there new market of customers with that said I still love my bb and I ain't leaving but I did buy
    a droid its great ?? and rim I still love you just do some research and you will see that your new market is none business and that we want to stick with you but we want you to make us a phone series of or own so get working in that back room

05-23-10 09:00 PM
    Guys, I respectfully ask that you all conduct yourselves civilly.
    05-23-10 09:02 PM
    I dont see what was offensive about my comment that it has been deleted. The point was that they ARE working on something and us as consumers complaining about a work IN PROGRESS is pointless.

Kinda like ******** at your wife for not making supper at 5 WHILE she is making it at 5:30. Try that and see where that lands you. I dare you
    05-23-10 10:26 PM
    there must be a reason millions of BB users opt to go with RIM devices again when they have an upgrade, if you guys arent satisfied get an Iphone. Oh wait, then you wouldnt have BBM-bummer.
    05-23-10 10:51 PM
    What was so negative about asking what we're gonna do about it? How is that negative? Just as much as there are posters that choose forums to rant about stuff that's been beaten over and over and over and over and over, and over.... and over again, there are going to be smartarses like me who are going to point out the obvious and say what everyone is really thinking (well at least people who actually read these forums). Quoting me and calling me names is just as silly, if not more....

Why not write to rim or call rim about your rants and points. If they CHOOSE to ignore everyone and keep making phones the way they are, then go with another brand. There, there is your positive post.

05-23-10 10:57 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD