Options-Advance-Host routing table-Blackberry button-Register now

Do i have to do this to get push mail? what else is in store for me for me to register?
    04-05-10 02:48 PM
    Basically all that does is push you the Service Books associated with your data plan. This may include in addition to e-mail several IM services, such as Yahoo!, Windows Live Messenger or Google Talk. Not sure what else Rogers will push you, but it may also include something else. You need to register your BlackBerry in order to get push e-mail, that is correct. Of course this will require a BlackBerry data plan first, other than that there is nothing to "lose".
    04-05-10 02:58 PM
    It is a way to refresh your services in some cases where things may not be pushing normally. It's usually not something required often.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 02:59 PM
    I can use IM services just fine when I did not register my BB, however I havent used email feature yet(because my university email always had problems registering)... I randomly searched on google and one of the procedures showed up is to register.
    Any rogers customers able to use email without this registering step?
    04-05-10 03:46 PM
    Your BB was probably automatically registered to the network when you turned it on if you can access your IM clients. Maybe you can set your university e-mail to forward to another service like Gmail so you can access it on your phone, I know I had a problem setting mine up from a university as well, and I'm not on rogers.
    04-05-10 03:52 PM
    BAh i just checked my message inbox, my device did register itself when i first ever turned it on.
    so now i should just ask how/what procedures rogers people used to set up. I played around for a bit and got a @rogers.blackberry.net email account, did i HAVE to have this to register more emails?
    did you guys use this https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html ?

Your BB was probably automatically registered to the network when you turned it on if you can access your IM clients. Maybe you can set your university e-mail to forward to another service like Gmail so you can access it on your phone, I know I had a problem setting mine up from a university as well, and I'm not on rogers.
    Last edited by new_to_BB; 04-05-10 at 04:14 PM.
    04-05-10 04:04 PM
    BAh i just checked my message inbox, my device did register itself when i first ever turned it on.
    so now i should just ask how/what procedures rogers people used to set up. I played around for a bit and got a @rogers.blackberry.net email account, did i HAVE to have this to register more emails?
    That is Rogers BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) site and that is in fact where
    you would go to change your account settings, switch devices, resend service
    books, etc.

For the record, registering your device is simply that. It registers your device
    to the RIM network. It has nothing to do with your service books.
    04-05-10 04:34 PM
    It is not necessary to have a @rogers.blackberry.net email address. I have AT&T but do not have a @att.blackberry.net address. I just added my regular email address and my gmail address to my BIS. I saw no purpose to having an email address that is only usable on a BlackBerry, not on a PC.

If you want to view any emails sent to the @carrier.blackberry.net address on your PC, you have to have them forwarded to another email address.
    04-05-10 05:04 PM
    Hmm, not sure about AT&T, weird thing is that this seemed pretty default for me since I was somehow guided by my device when I tried to set up email accounts to create the rogers.blackberry.net email.
    Ya need some rogers people's reply, there doesnt seem to have too many rogers people here.

It is not necessary to have a @rogers.blackberry.net email address. I have AT&T but do not have a @att.blackberry.net address. I just added my regular email address and my gmail address to my BIS. I saw no purpose to having an email address that is only usable on a BlackBerry, not on a PC.

If you want to view any emails sent to the @carrier.blackberry.net address on your PC, you have to have them forwarded to another email address.
    04-05-10 06:10 PM
    When you set up your e-mails, did you do it yourself or did the tech at Rogers do it for you? Because in e-mail setup, if you made a username and password on the phone, that does create a @rogers.blackberry.net e-mail. It is also the login that you can use at the Rogers BIS website if you wanted to change anything over the web. I do have a @vzw.blackberry.net e-mail that I set up, but doing so is a personal choice.

If anything, how do you access your university e-mail? Is it through their website? Or Outlook/Outlook Web Access? Maybe you can contact someone in your school's computer/IT department and ask them if it's possible to set up on your BlackBerry.
    Last edited by cdowner; 04-06-10 at 08:55 AM.
    04-06-10 08:31 AM
    I did it myself, ya it asked me to make a user name and password, which is a guided/sort of default step, which made a @rogers.blackberry.net account for me.
    04-06-10 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD