I'm constantly seeing people attack each other on these forums over nothing. I don't know what the deal is with people but CrackBerry's forums are probably some of the least friendly forums I've ever seen. I know this is probably a sensitive topic but am I the only one that gets this feeling?
    05-06-14 11:41 AM
    I haven't had any issues with anyone here personally.
    05-06-14 11:43 AM
    I'm constantly seeing people attack each other on these forums over nothing. I don't know what the deal is with people but CrackBerry's forums are probably some of the least friendly forums I've ever seen. I know this is probably a sensitive topic but am I the only one that gets this feeling?
    I've been one of the attacked, twice now, and I don't get it either, but I don't think it's any worse here than elsewhere on the WWW. It seems that for some people, sitting behind a keyboard gives them a sense of superiority and invincibility and all sense of decorum and reason goes out the window.
    05-06-14 11:44 AM
    People on both sides forget that it's just a phone. They think it's their parents that are being insulted so they go for the attack.
    05-06-14 11:58 AM
    It almost comes down to being fanatical about whatever the OS is 'of the moment'. Anyone thinking OS7 suited them better takes their life in their hands posting.....and god help anyone posting using a different make of phone to a Blackberry. And its a cardinal sin to post something is wrong with the BB10 OS.

But as the Ceackberry team and most of the posters do a brilliant job with the forum, most tend to put up with the few posting from their thrones....
    05-06-14 12:05 PM
    I don't experience these forums as any more offensive than most others. Actually I even find people here very friendly.

Given the fact that some of the questions asked here are not very intelligent, of horrible grammar and have been asked several times before, most users are pretty patient.

There might be some exceptions, yes - some participants are the kind of non objective and impolite people that make a serious conversation impossible. Might also be related to their age.

But in general, I find it very pleasant to be part of the discussions here.

Posted via CB10
    DocDRM, Nemzy, stlabrat and 5 others like this.
    05-06-14 12:18 PM
    None of your damn business!
    05-06-14 12:20 PM
    I feel you OP. I sometime have to ask for a bar file or asked a question about a topic that may or may not have been answered in the 75 pages of comments, that's when I get the A$$-O coming out of the woodwork. Jaydee is a nice person to communicate with. Also, not everyone acts like that, but we do have some of those on here that are. Overall I still love the CB Community!!!!
    Bonnie Bonzai and jaydee5799 like this.
    05-06-14 12:20 PM
    I think it comes down to people being so overly sensitive and not being able to stand up and state their side of an issue. They simply fall back to "you hurt my feelings" and cry wolf. Don't cower - fight for your opinion or idea! Answer back.

Comes from everyone getting a trophy, nobody keeping score and allowing one side to lose and learn how bad it feels. Oh, and school honor rolls having moved from A students/high achievers to now the "A-B" honor roll. And being 24, 26, 28, 35 years old and still living with mommy and daddy.

Toughen up, webbies! If I think your idea or comment is dumb and I tell you, I'm helping you see how the world really is, and helping you get out of your protective bubble. You won't bleed to death as a result, just get back up, dust yourself off, and post right back. If you disagree and think my answer is dumb, so be it. Post back and tell me I'm dumb. (I'm sure I can get a mod to give you an infraction for bullying me.)

Sticks and stones, people, sticks and stones. Posts here are just words. Doesn't change who I know I am if you dismiss my thoughts or ideas.

Stones - I've got 'em.

Posted from a cry free, whine free, fear free, tear free and thereFORE - FREE zone.
    05-06-14 12:30 PM
    I get accused of being negative all the time and get attacked regularly. It doesn't bother me in the least. If someone posts something incorrect about another OS for example, I will generally say that's wrong and correct them as I use iOS, BB10 and Android.

People post things in here all the time like "iOS can't play music in the background," or "people buying Apple or Android phones only buy them to fit in." The first one is blatantly false and I don't agree with the second one and I usually voice my opinion on that. At the same time I find The Z10 to be a great phone but that it's battery life to be terrible and it's camera and speakerphone not up to par. I again, my opinion. When someone says that BB phones have the same or better pictures than the iPhone 5 or 5S it's just simply not true and I usually comment on it to which there is backlash.

I also disagree with the Chen worship that goes on in here. It's my opinion and just because I don't think he's deserved all the worship he's getting in here some people see that as hatred towards BB. He has to show me something before I will say "what a breath or fresh air he's been" like a lot of other posters saying. Take for instance his "wallhugger" comment. I thought that was a really stupid thing to say because I know for a fact that I'm a wallhugger with the Z10 and I've done everything there is to do to get the most out of it's battery, and it's still horrible for me.

There are so many new posters in here that haven't been around to know that this area of the forum isn't reserved for just BB worship. It's a General Discussion Area where we are supposed to talk about anything. I remember when the Storm launched and they had to dedicate a forum to complaints about that phone. Some of the newer people in here would have never survived as the slightest criticism of BB pushes them over the edge. I try to never insult anyone, but a lot of times when something negative is said about BB people take it as a personal insult for whatever reason and fly off the handle. I find it fun and engaging to get in those debates, but a lot of people get personally offended.
    05-06-14 12:35 PM
    THAT IS NON OF YOUR GOD%$#@ .........HAHAHA just kidding, think because BB is not doing well and its frustrating because of how nice, and reliable the product is......just a guess though
    kylef5993 likes this.
    05-06-14 12:35 PM
    Meh. People get very up in arms over the things they hold dear. It's stressful to see all the "BlackBerry is dying", "BlackBerry is junk" threads.

Many here have been around so long they've witnessed it all. That can't be easy to swallow.

I just try not to fight, show patience and try to be understanding.

It'll be what it is but we have to just show compassion and treat others as we want to be treated. Especially when they are treating us badly.

Sent from the Berry using Tapatalk.
    05-06-14 12:52 PM
    I think it comes down to people being so overly sensitive and not being able to stand up and state their side of an issue. They simply fall back to "you hurt my feelings" and cry wolf. Don't cower - fight for your opinion or idea! Answer back.

Comes from everyone getting a trophy, nobody keeping score and allowing one side to lose and learn how bad it feels. Oh, and school honor rolls having moved from A students/high achievers to now the "A-B" honor roll. And being 24, 26, 28, 35 years old and still living with mommy and daddy.

Toughen up, webbies! If I think your idea or comment is dumb and I tell you, I'm helping you see how the world really is, and helping you get out of your protective bubble. You won't bleed to death as a result, just get back up, dust yourself off, and post right back. If you disagree and think my answer is dumb, so be it. Post back and tell me I'm dumb. (I'm sure I can get a mod to give you an infraction for bullying me.)

Sticks and stones, people, sticks and stones. Posts here are just words. Doesn't change who I know I am if you dismiss my thoughts or ideas.

Stones - I've got 'em.

Posted from a cry free, whine free, fear free, tear free and thereFORE - FREE zone.
    I don't think that is the point. If you don't agree with something someone has to say, you can express that is a manner that is not insulting or derogatory. There is no need to call someone dumb or anything else. Relate with people the same way you would relate to them if they were sitting opposite you in person.
    05-06-14 12:53 PM
    I get accused of being negative all the time and get attacked regularly. It doesn't bother me in the least. If someone posts something incorrect about another OS for example, I will generally say that's wrong and correct them as I use iOS, BB10 and Android.

People post things in here all the time like "iOS can't play music in the background," or "people buying Apple or Android phones only buy them to fit in." The first one is blatantly false and I don't agree with the second one and I usually voice my opinion on that. At the same time I find The Z10 to be a great phone but that it's battery life to be terrible and it's camera and speakerphone not up to par. I again, my opinion. When someone says that BB phones have the same or better pictures than the iPhone 5 or 5S it's just simply not true and I usually comment on it to which there is backlash.

I also disagree with the Chen worship that goes on in here. It's my opinion and just because I don't think he's deserved all the worship he's getting in here some people see that as hatred towards BB. He has to show me something before I will say "what a breath or fresh air he's been" like a lot of other posters saying. Take for instance his "wallhugger" comment. I thought that was a really stupid thing to say because I know for a fact that I'm a wallhugger with the Z10 and I've done everything there is to do to get the most out of it's battery, and it's still horrible for me.

There are so many new posters in here that haven't been around to know that this area of the forum isn't reserved for just BB worship. It's a General Discussion Area where we are supposed to talk about anything. I remember when the Storm launched and they had to dedicate a forum to complaints about that phone. Some of the newer people in here would have never survived as the slightest criticism of BB pushes them over the edge. I try to never insult anyone, but a lot of times when something negative is said about BB people take it as a personal insult for whatever reason and fly off the handle. I find it fun and engaging to get in those debates, but a lot of people get personally offended.
    Well said. Chen's "wall hugger" comment is on par with Mike's "email needs no color, no camera", with Jim's "leapfrogging the competition", and Thor's "there is nothing wrong with the company as it currently is" comments. So funny and pathetic at the same time.

CB is a fan driven site, so fan driven sensitivity is to be expected.
    JeepBB and Sergiu1337 like this.
    05-06-14 12:55 PM
    We haven't had food or water for weeks.
    05-06-14 12:56 PM
    Many times it is not so much what an OP posts but how... want to see flaming... just post an opinion as a fact... see it all the time.... because something does not work for you does not mean it is the same all... but that is show many posts read..... that being said... why some cannot show some self restraint is beyond me.... civility for some it seems is lost... after all in many cases it is only an "opinion".....
    Techno-Emigre and bbmChris like this.
    05-06-14 12:57 PM
    I don't think that is the point. If you don't agree with something someone has to say, you can express that is a manner that is not insulting or derogatory. There is no need to call someone dumb or anything else. Relate with people the same way you would relate to them if they were sitting opposite you in person.
    PROOF^^^^^^^^ Nemzy, I don't for a minute think you are dumb nor am I calling you dumb, but I think the IDEA is dumb that there is only one acceptable method / required for people to communicate. (Relate with people the same way you would relate to them if they were sitting opposite you in person.) Some people simply choose another communication style. You and I may not like it, and may not choose to communicate in their style, but I welcome it just as much as I welcome civil discourse.

Feelings get hurt when perceptions are not matured was my point. Telling you YOUR IDEA is dumb / wrong / poorly thought out / poorly supported / etc does not equate to me calling you any name or demeaning you in any way. Not that I wouldn't if that was what I wanted to communicate. (choose your touchy/feely way to say things if you want - I am a loud talking, fast walking, large sized, Texan, former/10 year US Marine and I choose to call out stupidity when I want to and I don't apologize for it. If necessary I'll whip your arss, help you back up, buy you a beer, pray for your quick recovery, mow your yard until your cast is off AND take you with me to a Bible study. And expect the same from you should I get stupid!)
    CMcRob and BeautyEh like this.
    05-06-14 01:26 PM
    It's simple really. BlackBerry, to the shock of no one in 2014, is not in a good place. CrackBerry.com is where you can find the most devout BB fans around. The problem is, the BB fanbase is becoming smaller and more extreme every day. Smaller in that they are pretty much all convening here on CB and more extreme in that they are "so short tempered". Ugly, I know.

I remember first joining CB back when I bought my first BB, the Storm. I was laughed out of this community to an alarming degree due to my choice of device. I then upgraded to a Storm2 and remained part of the "laughing stock of BB culture".

In short, the lot of this community sucks.
    Donnierock likes this.
    05-06-14 01:37 PM
    Look! ^^^^^^^^^^ There's your insulting or derogatory, and it's not coming from a CrackBerry fanboi, but rather an Android loyalist and regular BB attacker.
    tmf06 and byex like this.
    05-06-14 01:42 PM
    Because nobody likes me. Come to think of it, I don't like anyone either. But, I'm old and cranky. LOL !!! I admit that I've been less than patient with some here. Usually it's for creating posts that have been done to death. I hate redundancy and repeating things. That is why I am the head of the department of redundancy department.
    DocDRM and BeautyEh like this.
    05-06-14 01:49 PM
    It's simple really. BlackBerry, to the shock of no one in 2014, is not in a good place. CrackBerry.com is where you can find the most devout BB fans around. The problem is, the BB fanbase is becoming smaller and more extreme every day. Smaller in that they are pretty much all convening here on CB and more extreme in that they are "so short tempered". Ugly, I know.

I remember first joining CB back when I bought my first BB, the Storm. I was laughed out of this community to an alarming degree due to my choice of device. I then upgraded to a Storm2 and remained part of the "laughing stock of BB culture".

In short, the lot of this community sucks.
    you only made 94 posts in 6 years.. I don't think you can really judge anything about the "community" here.. no offense :P

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.2102
    stlabrat, Playbook007 and byex like this.
    05-06-14 01:50 PM
    The reason is that most of the members who feel like bltching about anything related to BlackBerry the come here. Another thing is people's ignorance drives others mad.
    People complaint about the smallest most insignificant thing on earth.... because No matter how much we love BlackBerry they have been disappointing us for years now forcing many of us to move to another platform. Members tend to ask And say stuff without first doing some research and stay informed

I am included in this, I try not to bltch about anything but it drives me crazy when I read people's extreme ignorance.
    I also moved away from BlackBerry and came back as soon as the Z10 came out.

As a result of all this I try not to comment as I would like to because a lot of people make lame comments and make fun of other people while all I want is to read informative, useful, intelligent comments.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 01:51 PM
    Debate about a concept, OS or device is one thing and should be welcomed in a fan-based community. Personally, I prefer to seek and offer help and opinions whenever possible.

Unfortunately, debates sometimes devolve into personal attacks. I've luckily never been involved in one, but have seen a few over the years that I've lurked and participated here. For the most part, the mods do seem to do their best to control the baseless negativity, superiority and occasional cruelty.
    05-06-14 01:52 PM
    I hate redundancy and repeating things. That is why I am the head of the department of redundancy department.
    You wouldn't by any chance have been a listener to the Mr. KFI show back in the day? On KFI radio in SoCal. Are you one of the minions?
    05-06-14 01:53 PM

Toughen up, webbies! If I think your idea or comment is dumb and I tell you, I'm helping you see how the world really is, and helping you get out of your protective bubble.

I was with you up until the point you appointed yourself the arbiter of what the "real world" is. That sort of binary thinking IS actually part of the problem.

Consumer electronic products have become so intertwined with people's self-image and psyche today that many people defend their choice of smartphone platform almost like they defend their political or religious choices. That's one part. Another part is the online communications milieu tends to disconnect people's normal human interactive control mechanisms, and often brings out more extreme/antisocial behaviour because there is a far lower "social cost" for being a jerk.

All of those things and more - including the things you mentioned in the first part of your post - contribute.
    05-06-14 02:32 PM
116 123 ...