No, not it wasn't. Attention wh0re is just a term, an expression. Do a CB search on the word "wh0re" and even put the "o" in it. You'll find references to theme wh0res, bluetooth wh0res, mobile wh0res, post wh0res, and even BlackBerry wh0res. A buddy of mine who just became an ordained Lutheran minister once proclaimed "I'm a God wh0re!" What if the OP had phrased his opinion "Bell is selling the red SGS3 that way because they know Android users are attention wh0res." Would you come down on him the same way?
    Yes I would have, it's an insulting term no matter how you use it, and I've never heard it used that way.

And to hear it accepted from such feminists I find it incredible.
    11-08-12 02:22 PM
    Yes I would have, it's an insulting term no matter how you use it, and I've never heard it used that way.

And to hear it accepted from such feminists I find it incredible.
    Just because *you* have never heard it used that way doesn't mean that people don't use it that way. And, men can be wh0res too, you know. You're arguing semantics.
    11-08-12 02:31 PM
    Just because *you* have never heard it used that way doesn't mean that people don't use it that way. And, men can be wh0res too, you know. You're arguing semantics.
    Whatever, bottom line is it's offensive, intentional or not.
    11-08-12 02:35 PM
    One person who apparently lives under a rock has never heard the incredibly common and widely used term of attention wh0re and the term must be banned. Good lord. If I call someone who is male a drama queen, well watch out. That's apparently going to cast aspersions on their sexuality. Don't even get started on the overly sensitive obscenity filter on this site, which is the only site I know of that actually censors the term 'id1ot' or 'wh0re'. I'm not the only one who has thought and commented that the filter is way too sensitive.

Or something.

:banghead:

Here BD LET ME GOOGLE THAT FOR YOU.

http://m.urbandictionary.com/#define...ention%20whore

There are sorta 2 versions of attention whores (they are usually girls). These kind of people are also known as drama queens. Ironically, it means that they like to cause a commotion and act as the victim.
    Huh. Sounds familiar.

I've got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk 2
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-08-12 02:39 PM
    wh**e is not a nice word. this is exactly what the forum bullies post was about. couldnt it just have been "attention seeker"???
    11-08-12 02:40 PM
    wh**e is not a nice word. this is exactly what the forum bullies post was about. couldnt it just have been "attention seeker"???
    Are you BDs alt? Seriously?

mikeo007 likes this.
    11-08-12 02:41 PM
    One person who apparently lives under a rock has never heard the incredibly common and widely used term of attention wh0re and the term must be banned. Good lord. If I call someone who is male a drama queen, well watch out. That's apparently going to cast aspersions on their sexuality. Don't even get started on the overly sensitive obscenity filter on this site, which is the only site I know of that actually censors the term 'id1ot' or 'wh0re'. I'm not the only one who has thought and commented that the filter is way too sensitive.

Or something.

:banghead:

Sorry to break it to you but it is banned hence why you had to insert zero instead of O in the word.
    11-08-12 02:42 PM
    Whatever, bottom line is it's offensive, intentional or not.
    This is the last I'll say about this in case I get blamed for taking things off topic, but look at the 3rd definition and 3rd example here: Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary

In the case of an attention wh0re, it's someone who compromises their principles for the sake of seeking attention. That's it.
    11-08-12 02:45 PM
    11-08-12 02:47 PM
84 ... 234