Why do we assume they won't have a torch like release a slider and a slab. As a matter of fact it is probably cheaper to make a full touch variant than the Zlider.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 12:59 PM
    I'm guessing the slider will make the phone slightly thicker, I would love to substitute the thickness for a larger battery on a full touch.

Awaiting the next flagship full touch.
    05-10-15 01:09 PM
    Eventually an all touch will be released, at the moment BlackBerry is focusing on the one thing they are known for and that's it's kicka.. physical keyboards. Remember back in the day there was an all touch Torch and even a all touch Curve. BlackBerry doesn't have the money or resources to release multiple devices at the moment.

Loving my Passport!
    05-10-15 01:34 PM
    Enterprise doesn't want a ful touch.... Search the forums before starting these "all touch" threads all the time. Your cries are falling on deaf ears....I've accpted this, so should you
    Then why did they make the leap?

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-10-15 01:43 PM
    Enterprise doesn't want a ful touch.... Search the forums before starting these "all touch" threads all the time. Your cries are falling on deaf ears....I've accpted this, so should you
    Hey man, to each his own. I have searched the forums and found considerable support for a specced out full touch but nothing similar to a dual release topic. I'm sure it's out there, don't get me wrong, there are clever people in these threads, so before you go trying to find one, I sure it has been commented at some point.

I'm curious why you think enterprise does not want full touch?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 07:40 PM
    I think that releasing a full touch or a variant of the slider without the pkb would require them to be concerned about the market that wants a full touch BlackBerry device. Their business strategy and recent device offerings have clearly stated otherwise. And please..dont say anything about the Leap.
    Hey man, we're all trying to figure out the Leap one day at a time. Soon it will make sense one way or another.

I think that you make perfect sense. I'm egotistical in the sense that I want the best BB10 experience on a full touch that I could possibly imagine but that's just me and the other folk that seem to want the same but you're right, BlackBerry 's current business strategy does not coincide with that at all. I'm just mostly in denial that the hardware division might be gone someday.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 08:03 PM
    Note: Slider allegedly is full touch when closed, using VKB, like Z3, Z10 and Z30 and Leap. Slide out keyboard if you need it. Don't need it? Don't slide it out. You could have it for 3 years+ and never use the keyboard.
    If I never pull out the keyboard, why would I want a thicker, bulkier, heavier, larger phone when I don't even use the very function that is the source of its thickness, bulk, extra weight, and larger size?

Also, as others mentioned, without the sliding keyboard you could almost certainly fit a larger battery in it -- a larger battery is a way way bigger priority for me than a physical keyboard (especially a physical keyboard I don't plan to use).

A slab would also be cheaper for BlackBerry to manufacture than the slider (with all its mechanical parts + additional device assembly costs).

Via CB Android on BB10 (jst 4 kiks)
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-12-15 10:41 AM
    So a unique form factor could be a slider with hot swap in/out additional battery or pkb - sold as a bundle. Run as slider with traditional pkb, or swap in additional battery for 2x life between charge. Perhaps even slider with additional battery option on could have track pad embedded (on battery),
    05-12-15 12:42 PM
    Surprisingly, BlackBerry has decided not to use CrackBerry posts as the foundation for their marketing strategy...
    I personally no longer think that Crackberry represents BlackBerry users. It has become more of a trolling site for haters and bashers. I find there are more posts from users that either have never used a BBRY product or no loner use and have moved on. There are some that have switched to BBRY or have remained BBRY but they represent a smaller percentage IMHO.

I no longer believe that Crackberry represents the pulse of BBRY, especially BB10.

Just my opinion and you can definitely disagree and I won't take offense. It is just a personal opinion.
    05-12-15 03:53 PM
    Why do we assume they won't have a torch like release a slider and a slab. As a matter of fact it is probably cheaper to make a full touch variant than the Zlider.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully they'll resurrect the idea of releasing both simultaneously! A nice thin all touch - or one with the same thickness but beefier battery would be appealing. I'll stick with the Passport but think all touch premium is a good idea and will satisfy a large chunk of the loyal fanbase.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 04:07 PM
35 12