I know some people are going to say that it's useless but really, it's not. And the fact that it's back with the Classic proves that many people feel the same. Why not bring it back on all future devices? It's an innovative addition to touch screen phones as well. Or perhaps there is a way to create a 'virtual' trackpad for all touch phones?
    I just think that when it comes to text editing, nothing beats it. I hope that they prove me wrong and give the Passport's keyboard the same functionality in future updates. But I think back on using my old Torch and how it could be used as a full touch screen with the addition of the trackpad, it just worked so awesomely as such. I would love to see it back on more devices. It's even the colour of an actual blackberry! Samsung and Apple have their 'button'... we should embrace the trackpad. And, of course, it should light up too, if they want to make everyone happy.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-24-14 10:14 AM
    I agree even though I suspect a lot of people are going to hate on this thread, I think the whole tool belt should be on all of them. I used my torch with the keyboard hidden a lot with just the tool belt.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:19 AM
    Have to be the same size as the 9900 and must not increase the overall length of the device.
    12-24-14 10:22 AM
    I also agree, I really like the Z10's virtual keyboard. The only thing I find annoying is the editing. A track pad would help a lot.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:24 AM
    I agree with this too. Putting a small track pad on the bottom chin of my Z30 would be very helpful when editing or selecting text.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:29 AM
    Have to be the same size as the 9900 and must not increase the overall length of the device.
    If you look at the size of the bottom bezel and the frame of the screen of any of the 'Z' series, I don't think it would be a problem. And they would still have plenty of room to print "Blackberry" above the screen like they do on so many other devices.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    12-24-14 10:34 AM
    Or at least a stylus pen no room lost that way

Sent using my Note 4
    12-24-14 10:35 AM
    Waste of space.
    12-24-14 10:36 AM
    Or at least a stylus pen no room lost that way

Sent using my Note 4
    Unless you wanted to store it within the device. Then something's gotta be smaller. Not the battery, hopefully!
    12-24-14 10:37 AM
    Unless you wanted to store it within the device. Then something's gotta be smaller. Not the battery, hopefully!
    Very true

Sent using my Note 4
    12-24-14 10:45 AM
    Very true

Sent using my Note 4
    I like the idea of a stylus for the larger devices like if they were to release an all touch version of the Passport, for instance. I still don't think it would be a fair substitute for the track pad though. I suppose I just strongly feel like the track pad is a huge addition in functionality and would like to see it make as much of a return as possible. It makes the Classic awfully tempting in the meantime.
    12-24-14 11:07 AM
    Meh. Haven't missed the trackpad at all.

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm, mkelley65 and russworman like this.
    12-24-14 11:08 AM
    Because some people have moved on. I'm totally over the trackpad. I get why some people would want it but if it was on every device, that wouldn't be cool at all.
    12-24-14 11:10 AM
    I don't want or need a trackpad or toolbelt. Never going back. Sorry.
    12-24-14 11:25 AM
    Because some people have moved on. I'm totally over the trackpad. I get why some people would want it but if it was on every device, that wouldn't be cool at all.
    Perhaps not on every device then. I know I wouldn't want it on the Passport as that would be redundant. I think it's just lack of sleep and watching videos of the Classic that has me feeling like I'm missing something. Perhaps I should revise my original statement upon further reflection: "If Blackberry releases another Torch-like slider, I sure hope it has a track pad!"
    12-24-14 11:26 AM
    The tool belt works on the Classic and the past bbos keyboard phones because the track pad would be right under the screen and above the keyboards, thus right where the fingers would be naturally.

However, on touch screen phones, the tool belt would have the be at the bottom of the screen, thus making it not ergonomic for usage.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    12-24-14 11:54 AM
    Put a mouse pad in the bezel of say they z10. Unfortunately though could also easily be manipulated

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 12:02 PM
    The tool belt works on the Classic and the past bbos keyboard phones because the track pad would be right under the screen and above the keyboards, thus right where the fingers would be naturally.

However, on touch screen phones, the tool belt would have the be at the bottom of the screen, thus making it not ergonomic for usage.

Yes you are probably correct. From a review of the 9850.

"Located in the middle of those four buttons is an illuminated optical trackpad that’s now become a trademark on all recent devices out of Waterloo. I still don’t quite see its utility with all the touchscreen real estate available, and its positioning at the extreme bottom means that you can’t really use the trackpad comfortably while the device sits in your hand. Another side effect of its positioning is that when you scroll up, you can inadvertently touch the screen causing unwanted input. I found this to be particularly frustrating when swiping downwards. There are cases in which the trackpad’s accuracy is needed over touch input (selecting text is far easier using it), but RIM almost seems afraid to axe the mouse-like navigation method in fears of scaring off customers — much like the backlash that occurred when the company first axed the thumbwheel that preceded it. At least on the other Torches that marry a touchscreen with a trackpad, the trackpad slides up to a more appropriate central location for use."

I do like the trackpad on the Classic but only if it were larger and backlit. Why go to all that trouble to include a trackpad but make it substandard compared to my old phone the 9900. I actually like the style and feel of the Q10 better than the Classic . They should revise the Q10 by including a 3.5 inch screen. In my view once you get to a 3.5 inch screen on a square format the trackpad becomes redundant. The trackpad is one more hardware item that can go wrong. By the way did BlackBerry ever fix the double typing issue on the Q10 ?
    12-24-14 12:10 PM

Torch 9860, Storm II, Storm I.

They were fine, although many made fun of the Torch for still displaying a "mouse cursor" on a touch screen device.

So yeah,.. I don't think BB10 devices require a real trackpad, but an optional virtual one for fine cursor movement would probably be effective.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 12:22 PM
    I would absolutely want that. No matter how many and how much people move on. I know NOTHING can beat the trackpad at editing and browsing. Atleast I believe so.

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    12-24-14 12:51 PM
    I would absolutely want that. No matter how many and how much people move on. I know NOTHING can beat the trackpad at editing and browsing. Atleast I believe so.

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    You're right, you're a minority.
    12-24-14 12:53 PM
    You're right, you're a minority.
    Wow! Being a BB user already makes one a minority. I guess we are like the micro-minority.
    12-24-14 12:58 PM
    Wow! Being a BB user already makes one a minority. I guess we are like the micro-minority.
    Yes.

Making full touch toolbelt devices would only further lessen our marketshare
    Last edited by FrankIAm; 12-24-14 at 01:32 PM.
    12-24-14 01:04 PM
    Yes.

Making full touch toolbelt devices would only lessen our marketshare even further.
    We don't need the whole tool belt necessarilly... just the track pad. I hardly think it would separate us from the pack anymore than we already are. Actually, I think to the general public, it would make the all-touch model BlackBerries look MORE like the competition. Samsung has its multi-task key and Apple has its home button. The only difference would be that the track pad is far more useful!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-24-14 01:32 PM
    No thanks. I've had them fail on BlackBerry devices, just like stuttering keys. Leave my all touch alone, BlackBerry 10 was designed for it and works phenomenally without buttons, pads, or PKB! I would leave if they put that antiquated and unreliable technology on my device.

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky likes this.
    12-24-14 01:48 PM
35 12