Man, If there is one thing the iphone smokes all other mobile devices on,...it's their capability of holding lots of data. It appears that a 32gb micro sd card will not materialize.

I did a rip marathon and ripped all of my CDs to mp3 and now have some 17+ gb of mp3 tracks. I want to be able to load all of my songs to a single micro sd card and carry with me in my BB Bold,...but since such item doesn't exist,...I pause to purchase a 16gb card.

A solution would be for RIM to design a smartphone that can hold two micro sd cards? This is doable because the BB Bold appears to have the real estate to accomplish such.

Again,...I've searched the CB Forum (and the internet) and there seems to be no 32GB Micro SD on the horizon.

JMDBerry
    ...have Bold will travel~
    Last edited by JMDBERRY; 08-25-09 at 01:14 PM. Reason: add tag line
    08-05-09 12:39 PM
    I did hear that they have a 32g in the works... Don't quote me on this one but I also heard a rumor of 64g's coming out. I don't know where the link is but someone might be able to find it for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 01:19 PM
    with ssd's becoming more the norm, this growth will happen FAST
    08-05-09 01:47 PM
    32 GB cards will definitely come out in the future. It is only a matter of when. If you really are that close, maybe you could store some of your mp3's onto the internal memory the Bold offers.
    08-05-09 01:57 PM
    If sony have already made a 2TB mem stick, check this Sony announces specs for 2TB Memory Stick XC

i certain a 32gb micro sd is already in circulation somewhere!
    08-05-09 02:03 PM
    Apple doesn't use microsd cards so they are not limited to those. A few yrs ago I thought a 40 gb hard drive was big. Now I have an 8 gb piece of hardware the size of my pinky. 32 gb will be out sooner rather than later. And besides you cannot carry additional memory with ur iphone!

08-05-09 02:22 PM
    For SmoothRT, I already have the internal 1gb memory maxxed out.

For xgm541,...no iPhone here, unless you're referring to "ur iphone" in general. I'm a 100% BB Bold and the only thing that will make be get rid of by BB is if the following does not occur:

1) No one never market a 32gb Micro SD card. As stated earlier, I want the ability to have all of my music with me all the time and use what required adapter to play such music through my car's radio system. I can already this via my Toyota Prius' stero system.

2)Or a better BB comes out,...and a 32gb Micro SD card is available.

JMDBerry
    Last edited by JMDBERRY; 08-25-09 at 01:14 PM. Reason: add tag line
    08-05-09 03:46 PM
    08-05-09 03:53 PM
    Thx kjjb0204, that's great! Now, I should email Mr. Mike Wong and ask when it will be on store shelves....

JMDBerry
    Last edited by JMDBERRY; 08-25-09 at 01:13 PM. Reason: add tag line
    08-05-09 04:00 PM
    I read on phonescoop this morning about Toshiba's plans for a 64GB MicroSD with 16/32GB coming from them in 2010, so if Toshiba is already pushing them out, SanDisk, Kingston and the likes cant be far behind on a 32GB. Though, I could have swore I stumbled across a 32GB somewhere online...just dont remember where.
    08-05-09 05:19 PM
    the phone also has to be capabil of holding that much memory
    08-05-09 05:33 PM
    this cannot be true.
    everyone knows that it takes one whole angel to support a gb of data on her gossamer wings, and you expect me to believe that sony has figured out how to fit two terrabytes worth of angels on a 2 tb card, ya right.two terrabyte worth of data on theirs wings, right hahahahaha... nice try......what do you think we are, dumb?
    11-30-09 03:19 AM
    Just curious here, why would someone need 32 gb of memory on a phone, its not like your saving a manifesto or doctoral thesis, thats a lot of pics and music. im almost emberassed to admit that i have an 8gb card in my tour. it actually has more memory than my hp net book. with the two cards and internal memory im at 4gb on that.
    11-30-09 09:37 AM
    If a 32gb were available and was cheap, I would buy it. That's because my BB Tour has basically replaced my aging 30gb iPod photo. Why lug two devices around when you can lug one. And one that is usually with you anyway.

Sure, the interface is not as slick, but I like having (currently) my 16gb card in my BB.
    11-30-09 11:13 AM
    Just curious here, why would someone need 32 gb of memory on a phone, its not like your saving a manifesto or doctoral thesis, thats a lot of pics and music. im almost emberassed to admit that i have an 8gb card in my tour. it actually has more memory than my hp net book. with the two cards and internal memory im at 4gb on that.
    Music & pictures, really. 8GB isn't a lot of space. Carrying only 1 device has its benefits, and when you have 16-32GB of memory for your phone that can be possible. I stopped using my iPod as a portable mp3 player awhile back and now just use my storm. (The iPod has been consigned to use through my car's stereo only)
    01-05-10 11:15 PM
    The question is NOT whether there will be one it's what technology standard it will come out of. For example SD alliance had to switch to new platform of SDHC for anything bigger than 2 GB. The Specs of SDHC says it will max out at 32GB, but whether the alliance chooses to ever make a 32GB one is up to them. They could very well release the 32GB card in a new standard SDXC to make us all pay for new devices if we every wanted more than 16GB of storage.

There is a lot of corporate shinanagans in the background to simple things like this. Outcome is not always in consumers' best interest.
    01-06-10 08:36 AM
    Let's hope they release one soon
    01-06-10 09:52 PM
    Between music and movies its very easy to max out a 16GB card. Just stick a spare under the battery door!

01-06-10 10:34 PM
    First 32 GB microSD Card Coming Out Next Month

Looks like Samsung will have one out pretty soon.

01-13-10 12:15 PM
    Patience is a virtue. Wait and ye shall receive. *add cliche line indicating that you just wait and it will happen eventually*
    01-13-10 12:29 PM
    A lot of these listed on Ebay.
    06-09-10 10:00 AM
    A lot of these listed on Ebay.
    You know this is a 5 month old thread right?

And many people will tell you ebay is not the greatest place to buy a memory card anyways...
    06-09-10 10:11 AM
    Watch them not be compatible with BB's...perfect excuse to create the Bold 9660!!!
    06-09-10 10:12 AM
    Watch them not be compatible with BB's...perfect excuse to create the Bold 9660!!!
    They will be compatible. There is nothing physically different, it's all memory addressing. Very simple.
    06-09-10 10:59 AM
    You know this is a 5 month old thread right?

And many people will tell you ebay is not the greatest place to buy a memory card anyways...
    Yes....and Yes.... but I havent had any issues with cards I have purchased from ebayers with good ratings. I didnt see any newer threads about a 32 gb memory card
    06-09-10 01:02 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD