The industry standard has stabilized to screens around 5 inches. Even the iPhone had to follow this and had to release a phone with a bigger display. And people have started to be comfortable with devices of this size.

Smaller screens are not seen as a feature anymore.
    You should be thinking of body size vs screen size. The Classic is 72 mm wide and the S6 is 70.4 mm wide. The classic is 131 mm long vs 143 mm for the S6.

If the Classic does away with the square screen, reduces the large top bezel they are going to have a screen as wide as their competitors . They do not need a track pad with a capacitive keyboard . I think anyone wanting a useful PKB like your Bold would be happy with a phone similar in width and length to a Z30 or S6 and the maximum screen size for this type of phone.

A smaller screen Android Q10 device might be doable but the market is just not there at a reasonable price point.

I think that the new Vienna is a much better compromise than either the Classic or Passport.
    12-30-15 03:54 PM
    There is not article of clothing that I am own the my Passport will not fit.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    Sure, as long as you don't want to sit down.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    12-31-15 07:35 AM
    Is this a serious question?

My Passport fits in every single pocket I have...except that tiny change pocket on blue jeans. I wear dress shirts for work and it fits. In fact it hides in them, not like a paddle phone that sticks out.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 08:16 AM
    Yes, it is fixed now, but some people are not informed of that.

Get the Q10, it is a cheap and good option for a modern BlackBerry 10 device.

The keyboard is fine. And if it ever gives you trouble, you can swap it out easily, as the Q10 is one of the easiest phones to be disassembled.

I am in the same boat as the OP as I find the newer phones to be too big, which is why I am planning on sticking with my Q10 for a while.

Posted via CB10
    Would you like you come use my fully updated and still double typing Q10, because you're more than welcome to do so.

Double typing is a hardware issue, which truly informed people around here understand.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-31-15 12:08 PM
    No, the Classic would have been my choice if it was smaller--I carry the Bold in my shirt pocket, not my "skinny" jeans nor do I care to add a holster to my belt. Guess all you guys must have a purse.
    12-31-15 01:09 PM
    Would you like you come use my fully updated and still double typing Q10, because you're more than welcome to do so.

Double typing is a hardware issue, which truly informed people around here understand.

Maybe get a new keyboard? I am told it is a DIY.
    12-31-15 03:43 PM
    How tiny are your pockets? My Z30 fits fine in mine.
    12-31-15 03:54 PM
    Maybe get a new keyboard? I am told it is a DIY.
    Point is, folks should not be saying the issue is resolved, when in some cases (or all cases for first run Q10s), replacing the keyboard is required. No one wants to buy a new phone and replace its keyboard.

Personally, I am tech type who is quite capable of replacing the keyboard myself, yet even I can't be bothered. Imagine how someone who doesn't like tech stuff would feel about it.

The Q10, some of them double type. The Q5, not a problem. That's what truly helpful advice looks like.

12-31-15 04:24 PM

Not gonna deny that double typing is a hardware issue, but it can be fixed by software; and it has in many people.

I also had double typing for my windows tablet keyboard; and I fixed it by lengthening the auto repeat interval time (bounce key) in regedit.

I even bought an extra keyboard to swap out my double typing keyboard myself, but ended up not needing it after the 10.3.2 update.
    12-31-15 04:33 PM
    If there were a smaller version of the Classic with the capacitive keyboard functionality of the Passport and Priv, I would buy 3 of them. They seem to not want to go back to that curved 'smiley' keyboard of the legacy days for whatever reason but that's the main reason why the new keyboards feel they need to be larger in order to remain comfortable.
    01-02-16 03:23 PM
    If there were a smaller version of the Classic with the capacitive keyboard functionality of the Passport and Priv, I would buy 3 of them. They seem to not want to go back to that curved 'smiley' keyboard of the legacy days for whatever reason but that's the main reason why the new keyboards feel they need to be larger in order to remain comfortable.
    Smaller version of the Classic?!? It def doesn't need to be smaller, probably the reason why they are making a Classic with a bigger screen. Anything smaller than a Classic would be a Q10.

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    01-02-16 04:25 PM
    Smaller version of the Classic?!? It def doesn't need to be smaller, probably the reason why they are making a Classic with a bigger screen. Anything smaller than a Classic would be a Q10.

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    I'm dreaming here, I know. The market doesn't want smaller. But when I take my old Bold out of my drawer, I can't help but admire how beautiful of a device it was. I think one day the market will switch back. Right now there is an odd blend of smartphone / tablet / 'phablet' / laptop and people don't really know what they want. They want it all in one device and that isn't possible without compromises on some things. Either size or functionality. The ironic part is though, that the larger phones are not really providing much added functionality yet.
    01-02-16 04:50 PM
    I'm dreaming here, I know. The market doesn't want smaller. But when I take my old Bold out of my drawer, I can't help but admire how beautiful of a device it was. I think one day the market will switch back. Right now there is an odd blend of smartphone / tablet / 'phablet' / laptop and people don't really know what they want. They want it all in one device and that isn't possible without compromises on some things. Either size or functionality. The ironic part is though, that the larger phones are not really providing much added functionality yet.
    I'm not a fan of the phablets either. It's like they think we are all going blind and we need bigger screens..kind of like those "jitterbug" phones for the elderly with the huge buttons. I'm sure everyone remembers when technology was going smaller and smaller and now it's the opposite.. I guess the phablets are for people that like to do alot of reading or making charts/graphs without having to pull out a second Device with a bigger screen. I still think those people that have a 6in+ cell phone screen look absolutely crazy in public when they answer the phone and have a big brick up to their face lol. 5.5 would probably be the biggest I would go if I was forced too switch.

01-03-16 12:25 PM
    Here is the thing with big screen phones, they are supposedly good for watching videos, but most people are on a limited data plan anyways, so they cannot just use up the data for Youtube and Netflix.

If they are at a stationary place where they have a wifi, they do not need a portable phone for that.

And I have yet to see people who store full length movies to be watched on their phones anyways.

Not only the data, but the current battery life of the phones does not allow for watching videos AND getting a full day out of the battery.

So most people just use their phablets for messaging anyways.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 12:36 PM
    I'd love to update my old Bold but refuse to buy a wheelbarrow or even a woman's purse to transport it- - I want a phone that fits in my shirt pocket again--is that too much to ask? Skip
    Because your still wearing cloths of a 2 year old...

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 12:40 PM
    If Apple is going to redo the iPhone 5 then perhaps there is room for an Android Bold. Slightly taller but same width as a 9900 to accommodate a 4:3 screen. It would have to have the 9900 look and great track pad.
    01-03-16 12:57 PM
    Double typing issues was fixed with the last couple of updates

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 07:06 PM
    If Apple is going to redo the iPhone 5 then perhaps there is room for an Android Bold. Slightly taller but same width as a 9900 to accommodate a 4:3 screen. It would have to have the 9900 look and great track pad.
    Wouldn't that be too close to the Vienna?
    01-03-16 07:19 PM
    Wouldn't that be too close to the Vienna?
    Maybe. The Vienna will be wider and almost as long as a PRIV.
    01-03-16 07:27 PM
44 12