I have just bought a T Mob Blackberry Bold 9900.The only problem with thi's phone is that it consume's my battery so fast.The battery once charged to 100% drains out in just 7 hours without using Internet or making calls.Anyone can help me fix this problem? I replaced the battery by a new better one but of no use. Mobile turns off within 7 hours because the battery empties.please anybody help me get rid of this problem. Please Help me!
    04-03-17 01:40 AM
    What is your network signal like?
    04-03-17 07:12 AM
    What is your network signal like?
    That's what I was going to ask.

If your signal level is low/weak, the phone will crank up its amplifier to max in order to try to hold a signal, but this is detrimental to battery life, as the OP can see.

It's quite possible that the frequency that used to be used as "primary" when the phone was new has been refarmed, and that the phone is having to connect on (what used to be) a backup frequency that is further away and much less optimal. The carriers need to move everything to LTE, and are working hard to do so, but that will come at the expense of 3G phones, which carriers have no real interest in supporting anymore.

At some point, you have to move on.
    04-03-17 11:49 AM
    7 house isn't bad battery life. The Bold 9900 never really got that great of battery life to begin with.
    04-03-17 12:03 PM
    I have just bought a T Mob Blackberry Bold 9900.The only problem with thi's phone is that it consume's my battery so fast.The battery once charged to 100% drains out in just 7 hours without using Internet or making calls.Anyone can help me fix this problem? I replaced the battery by a new better one but of no use. Mobile turns off within 7 hours because the battery empties.please anybody help me get rid of this problem. Please Help me!
    If anything, just buy a backup battery off of eBay. Their fairly cheap now and the Bold 9900 never had the best battery life compared to the Curves.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-17 03:27 PM
    7 house isn't bad battery life. The Bold 9900 never really got that great of battery life to begin with.
    Mine would still be above 80% in the same situation. The OP likely has a bad signal, or something's up software-wise.

Has the phone been updated to 7.1.0.1098?
    04-03-17 04:50 PM
    You mean to say after sometime the problem would be solved??
    04-03-17 10:29 PM
    Most likely one of 3 things:

*OS/bad applications (a lot of the apps we use on our legacy BlackBerrys are Unmaintained and what I deem unstable) Try a factory reset. If this doesn't improve it, do a second factory reset or restore the operating software to the most recent version for your device.
    *Poor signal and or WiFi is kept on. (when on a weak signal a device will continue to search for a stronger one. Same principle RE: WiFi. when WiFi is left on, the device is always looking for it) Try disarming WiFi or turn off the automatic search in the WiFi options. If signal seems to be the issue attempt turning off the 4G and select 3G/2G instead.
    *Your 9900's battery is dying a slow, painful (for you anyways) death... Fortunately 9900 has a removable battery and replacements are quite cheap. Try Amazon or ebay.
    04-03-17 11:06 PM
    You mean to say after sometime the problem would be solved??
    Not necessarily. One possibility is that some of the early OS builds were fairly hard on batteries, ran hot, etc. If you load a newer version of the operating system, it may fix your problem.
    04-03-17 11:07 PM
    From working at blackberry, the first thing we'd do would be to security wipe the device and tell you to use it for a day without any email accounts or 3rd party apps installed. If you're still seeing bad battery life, then it's most likely a signal strength issue like others have said...if not, then add back your accounts and apps one by one to nail down what's causing the battery drain

Posted via CB10
    04-04-17 04:28 AM