Does anybody have any idea why my battery is only charging intermittently and quite regular it wont respond when plugged into a charger, the battery is also draining quite quickly with little activity, all apps are switched off.

Also phone has been acting strange in the fact that it can be very slow to respond to a command like opening anything, deleting, typing etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    04-23-16 05:51 PM
    Does anybody have any idea why my battery is only charging intermittently and quite regular it wont respond when plugged into a charger, the battery is also draining quite quickly with little activity, all apps are switched off.

Also phone has been acting strange in the fact that it can be very slow to respond to a command like opening anything, deleting, typing etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    The first thing I'd recommend to do is to completely power off the device by pressing and holding the power button. A countdown will start on the screen, keep holding down the power button under your phone turns off.

Keep the phone off for at least 2-3 minutes.

Power it on again, see if the same behaviour exists. If it does, I would recommend trying a different USB cable or power adapter. Try it one at a time to isolate what the issue could be. From what you've described, it could really be anything, so it's important to try and isolate the problem.

Hope that helps!
    04-23-16 06:24 PM
    Thanks, I have rebooted about a dozen times recently to no avail and tried 5 different chargers lying around the house, also noticed that its getting really hot when using the phone for various duties in a very short time, the phone hasn't done this before.
    04-23-16 06:58 PM
    Just bite the bullet and reload the OS.
    04-24-16 12:06 AM
    Sorry to sound ignorant but do you mean a factory reset, and are there any consequences in doing that.

Thanks
    04-24-16 03:48 AM
    Sorry to sound ignorant but do you mean a factory reset, and are there any consequences in doing that.

Thanks
    no consequences, just remember to backup everything you need.

posted via CB10 on my Passport SE
    04-24-16 06:12 PM
    Many thanks
    04-28-16 05:41 PM