Blackberry receives negative publicity,all the time its because of its rock solid security.
    Governments in other countries are always asking blackberry for access to there bbm encryption code,and this is why in North America the MEDIA is allways bashing blackberry,where as apple,and android are not at par with blackberrys security encryption nowhere near,and in simple terms there allways pushing those handsets,even thow there data hogs.
    01-25-12 06:05 AM
    This negative perception attack is an attempt to extinguish a brand and declare an outright winner in the cell phone wars. Economics are in play. Perception is bought and sold by the media everyday. In the US more than anywhere you can see it. On the news nightly, on many INTERNET blog's, all the way to the retail outlets where teenagers sell product. No company has every received such a persistent negative perception attack. Its not like its truly deserved. The rest of the world still loves BB.
    Its more like politics. Where the incumbent is a hometown hero! The other guy is an outsider. People think they can say whatever they want to help their guy win!(I work for a US company and my best friends are from the US. Its not about the country. more about a microcosm inside the country. Just like in politics)
    Todays BlackBerry, BB7.1 is an outstanding device. Never built to be a iphone copy like android. With different and very useful services. Yet the naysayers portray BB like they are the device of 2007. If you love your BlackBerry I hope you help spread the word!
    1.BB7.1 Kicks
    2.QNX, the future of mobile computing!! the rest are just app launchers. Soon people will understand the difference..
    Last edited by Dapper37; 01-25-12 at 09:06 AM.
    01-25-12 07:42 AM
    Apple is still seen as an underdog or something/shine walled garden. RIM is/was the Evil empire (aka business phone), I know that was how I saw them for a long time. Android's are hard to pin down to a particular thing, but there seems to be a 'liberated' theme with them.
    01-25-12 07:58 AM
    Banksters will use their influence over the media to smear anything they want to cannibalize.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    01-25-12 08:15 AM
    There's probably a crisis in the media. The concept of impartiality is not important to a lot of editors and reporters.

...and tech bloggers are looking like the roaches of the news-media world
    Dapper37 and Jake2826 like this.
    01-25-12 08:29 AM
    i think RIM receives a lot of bad publicity because of their entire corporate attitude and how they dont seem to listen to criticism.

hopefully that will change with the new CEO.
    01-25-12 10:22 AM
    They get bad press because they have horrible leadership and keep making mistake after mistake.

They did it to themselves.

You make your bed you lay in it.
    01-25-12 10:24 AM
    Ok Crackberry Nation,

Can we get serious for a second? Do we have to accept this illogical reasoning because it coincides with what we hope is true? I say no.
    The media isn't anti-RIM, there is no smear campaign to destroy the company. RIM is getting bashed primarily because of how poorly it has performed in the stock market. It has performed poorly in the stock market because RIM has failed to maintain dominance in a rapidly growing market. The media bashes RIM like they would any company that made multiple promises it failed to keep. It is that simple. End of story. There is no conspiracy!
    dynot, Rickroller and addicted44 like this.
    01-25-12 11:21 AM
    Ok Crackberry Nation,

Can we get serious for a second? Do we have to accept this illogical reasoning because it coincides with what we hope is true? I say no.
    The media isn't anti-RIM, there is no smear campaign to destroy the company. RIM is getting bashed primarily because of how poorly it has performed in the stock market. It has performed poorly in the stock market because RIM has failed to maintain dominance in a rapidly growing market. The media bashes RIM like they would any company that made multiple promises it failed to keep. It is that simple. End of story. There is no conspiracy!
    Thank you. I seriously doubt the big wigs at CBS News, Fox News, NBC news and CNN are on conference calls together getting their RIM bashing stories in line. They did it to themselves.
    addicted44 likes this.
    01-25-12 11:29 AM
    Well lets find out.. Lets run a little test, shall we? It may be the closest thing we have to having some sort of proof or evidence.. No doubt RIM made some mistakes, but lets be a little realistic here.. Take a look at this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ly-rim-691774/
    01-25-12 12:44 PM
    Ok Crackberry Nation,

Gonna politely ask you to hold your tongue. Everyone knows that Rupert meets with other news conglomerates to seance with the spirit of Steve Jobs, surreptitiously plotting the downfall of Canadian companies.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    Lead_Express and addicted44 like this.
    01-25-12 12:51 PM
    Gonna politely ask you to hold your tongue. Everyone knows that Rupert meets with other news conglomerates to seance with the spirit of Steve Jobs, surreptitiously plotting the downfall of Canadian companies.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    Oh, I was unaware of that...this changes EVERYTHING! Teh Conpiracy i5 troo!!!
    01-25-12 02:45 PM
    Easily amused some are!
    Well, with all the negative posts and news (that RIM brought upon themselves) it's not a bad idea to find some humor to keep spirits up. I know E101's post may have been a little on the mean side but the reasoning criticism was spot on.

For reference on sound reasoning, see post #8 in this thread.
    Last edited by dynot; 01-25-12 at 07:17 PM.
    01-25-12 03:53 PM
    Blackberry receives negative publicity,all the time its because of its rock solid security.
    Governments in other countries are always asking blackberry for access to there bbm encryption code,and this is why in North America the MEDIA is allways bashing blackberry,where as apple,and android are not at par with blackberrys security encryption nowhere near,and in simple terms there allways pushing those handsets,even thow there data hogs.
    Another conspiracy theory thread?

Maybe it's time to call in Mulder and Scully to get to the bottom of this
    01-25-12 04:05 PM
    Maybe it's time to call in Mulder and Scully to get to the bottom of this
    Good idea. Can we have them also look at why the media ruined Nokia and made Symbian uncompetitive?

And why did they so purposefully and vindictively destroy Yahoo? I guess they just hated Jerry Yang?

And the airlines? And Lehman Brothers? I mean seriously, what did Lehman do to them?

And why is the all powerful market controlling media destroying their own stocks as well? Some sort of sado-masochistic ritual I guess? Strange.
    addicted44 likes this.
    01-25-12 04:19 PM
    Good idea. Can we have them also look at why the media ruined Nokia and made Symbian uncompetitive?

And why did they so purposefully and vindictively destroy Yahoo? I guess they just hated Jerry Yang?

And the airlines? And Lehman Brothers? I mean seriously, what did Lehman do to them?

And why is the all powerful market controlling media destroying their own stocks as well? Some sort of sado-masochistic ritual I guess? Strange.
    The-Jay Z-controlled-Illuminati-preparing-for-a-staged-alien-invasion-to-bring-the-world together-under-one-government-controlled-by-the-Bilderberg-Group.

I watch You/Tube. I know what's going on.
    01-25-12 05:05 PM
    The-Jay Z-controlled-Illuminati-preparing-for-a-staged-alien-invasion-to-bring-the-world together-under-one-government-controlled-by-the-Bilderberg-Group.

I watch You/Tube. I know what's going on.
    Yeah, those Zeitgeist movies really do pierce the heart right to the truth don't they!
    01-25-12 05:09 PM
    Nah it's really a terrorist under every bed who hates you because of your "way of life" and wants to kill you because of your freedom.
    Dapper37 and addicted44 like this.
    01-25-12 05:30 PM
    Thread cleaned. The 14 most egregious and disruptive off-topic posts were removed and appropriate warnings issued.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    01-25-12 06:43 PM
    People like to make fun and say this is a conspiracy theory, the truth is that they would not post here if there was not a fight for perception going on!!
    01-25-12 10:29 PM
    i think RIM receives a lot of bad publicity because of their entire corporate attitude and how they dont seem to listen to criticism.

hopefully that will change with the new CEO.
    Who listen to criticism? Apple? Google?
    01-25-12 10:46 PM
    I know the media has seemed to be anti-RIM for a while, but the only thing that will turn that around is innovation and marketing. We all hope that the new PB update plus the new phones coming out at the end of the year (hopefully) will right the ship.

I did try Android for a short while but quickly learned that BB is what works best for me (not perfect) and I truly believe that RIM is going to make a comeback.
    01-26-12 06:10 AM
    RIM does deserve a lot of criticism in recent years, I agree, but Apple and Google the media does romanticize to a level that is sickening. I don't think the media is out to get RIM, but the media does praise their competitors to a fault.

Much of RIM's problem is perception and marketing. Apple has heartwarming commercials of people using facetime on the iPhone or Siri being this personal assistant or showing off the ease of use of iTunes on the iPhone. Android based phones are often showed as this high tech top secret super advance device that can battle robots.

Suckers are born everyday, no one uses facetime since it only works in WiFi and these are mobile devices, Siri is not practical on the go since everyone can hear your business, iTunes can easily be converted to MP3's that work on many smartphones even if you don't have an iPhone. But it doesn't matter, people buy into the hype.

The Android marketing is laughably stupid, but people luv to believe they have a cutting edge product even if they are usually stuck in a 2 year contract which will make their phone lag behind the ever advancing smartphone tech within weeks after their purchase.

RIM's marketing really never gives anyone enough of a reason to purchase a BB over an iPhone or Android based phone. It doesn't show off any advantages a BB may have over a competitor. RIM should stick to having QWERTY keyboards and make that their must have feature, since it is probably why so many still buy BB's...
    01-26-12 07:40 AM
    RIM does deserve a lot of criticism in recent years, I agree, but Apple and Google the media does romanticize to a level that is sickening. I don't think the media is out to get RIM, but the media does praise their competitors to a fault.

Much of RIM's problem is perception and marketing. Apple has heartwarming commercials of people using facetime on the iPhone or Siri being this personal assistant or showing off the ease of use of iTunes on the iPhone. Android based phones are often showed as this high tech top secret super advance device that can battle robots.

Suckers are born everyday, no one uses facetime since it only works in WiFi and these are mobile devices, Siri is not practical on the go since everyone can hear your business, iTunes can easily be converted to MP3's that work on many smartphones even if you don't have an iPhone. But it doesn't matter, people buy into the hype.

The Android marketing is laughably stupid, but people luv to believe they have a cutting edge product even if they are usually stuck in a 2 year contract which will make their phone lag behind the ever advancing smartphone tech within weeks after their purchase.

RIM's marketing really never gives anyone enough of a reason to purchase a BB over an iPhone or Android based phone. It doesn't show off any advantages a BB may have over a competitor. RIM should stick to having QWERTY keyboards and make that their must have feature, since it is probably why so many still buy BB's...
    YES! a compromise, an understanding of the facts. zero hyperbole. well written!
    RIM must have a full touch option though and does have one now that works well for BB users.
    01-26-12 10:58 AM
    RIM should stick to having QWERTY keyboards and make that their must have feature, since it is probably why so many still buy BB's...
    The more I think about it, the more I agree with this. My sister uses a BB still. I ask her why, it always comes down to the keyboard. That's the key differentiator.
    01-26-12 12:39 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD