[repeated, sorry!]
    01-26-12 12:41 PM
    RIM does deserve a lot of criticism in recent years, I agree, but Apple and Google the media does romanticize to a level that is sickening. I don't think the media is out to get RIM, but the media does praise their competitors to a fault.

Much of RIM's problem is perception and marketing. Apple has heartwarming commercials of people using facetime on the iPhone or Siri being this personal assistant or showing off the ease of use of iTunes on the iPhone. Android based phones are often showed as this high tech top secret super advance device that can battle robots.

1.) Suckers are born everyday.

2.) The Android marketing is laughably stupid, but people luv to believe they have a cutting edge product even if they are usually stuck in a 2 year contract which will make their phone lag behind the ever advancing smartphone tech within weeks after their purchase.

3.) RIM should stick to having QWERTY keyboards and make that their must have feature, since it is probably why so many still buy BB's...
    1.) Yes. And they spend their money exactly how they want to. With or without the approval of 'non'-suckers.

2.) Are there shorter contracts here in the U.S.? what does this have to o with the Brand?

3.) Now THIS makes sense.
    01-26-12 05:21 PM
    The media won't be having much to bash about RIM come February; besides, they'll (the media) be too busy eating the crow buffet I have prepared for them, which should keep them busy through this coming Xmas/Chanukah.
    01-26-12 05:30 PM
    The media won't be having much to bash about RIM come February; besides, they'll (the media) be too busy eating the crow buffet I have prepared for them, which should keep them busy through this coming Xmas/Chanukah.
    You mean because OS2 will ship? Or are you expecting something else in Feb? Earnings report is in March, right?
    01-26-12 05:53 PM
    1.) Yes. And they spend their money exactly how they want to. With or without the approval of 'non'-suckers.

2.) Are there shorter contracts here in the U.S.? what does this have to o with the Brand?

3.) Now THIS makes sense.
    Number 2, I didn't mean to imply the android manufacturer or brand was the only one with 2 year contracts, but that the high tech battling robots marketing in many Android phone commercials is plain stupid and misleading. As if the contract you sign to get a cutting edge phone for $200 with a 2 year deal, like that phone will still be cutting edge? It will be surpassed in tech within weeks with soooo many Android manufacturers constantly pushing the envelope on tech.
    01-26-12 09:42 PM
    Number 2, I didn't mean to imply the android manufacturer or brand was the only one with 2 year contracts, but that the high tech battling robots marketing in many Android phone commercials is plain stupid and misleading. As if the contract you sign to get a cutting edge phone for $200 with a 2 year deal, like that phone will still be cutting edge? It will be surpassed in tech within weeks with soooo many Android manufacturers constantly pushing the envelope on tech.
    I am not following. So they should not say the device is cutting edge because there will be a device in the future that will surpass it?

How is saying that you have a high tech device misleading?
    01-26-12 10:12 PM
    Ok Crackberry Nation,

Can we get serious for a second? Do we have to accept this illogical reasoning because it coincides with what we hope is true? I say no.
    The media isn't anti-RIM, there is no smear campaign to destroy the company. RIM is getting bashed primarily because of how poorly it has performed in the stock market. It has performed poorly in the stock market because RIM has failed to maintain dominance in a rapidly growing market. The media bashes RIM like they would any company that made multiple promises it failed to keep. It is that simple. End of story. There is no conspiracy!
    I agree that they have screwed up. They made some huge mistakes and are paying for them. But you have to agree somewhat that the amount of negative media that RIM/BB is getting should not be this extensive. They still have a good solid device and are a huge competitor in the smart phone market, heck they created the smartphone market.

RIM does deserve a lot of criticism in recent years, I agree, but Apple and Google the media does romanticize to a level that is sickening. I don't think the media is out to get RIM, but the media does praise their competitors to a fault.

Much of RIM's problem is perception and marketing
    . Apple has heartwarming commercials of people using facetime on the iPhone or Siri being this personal assistant or showing off the ease of use of iTunes on the iPhone. Android based phones are often showed as this high tech top secret super advance device that can battle robots.

Suckers are born everyday, no one uses facetime since it only works in WiFi and these are mobile devices, Siri is not practical on the go since everyone can hear your business, iTunes can easily be converted to MP3's that work on many smartphones even if you don't have an iPhone. But it doesn't matter, people buy into the hype.

The Android marketing is laughably stupid, but people luv to believe they have a cutting edge product even if they are usually stuck in a 2 year contract which will make their phone lag behind the ever advancing smartphone tech within weeks after their purchase.

RIM's marketing really never gives anyone enough of a reason to purchase a BB over an iPhone or Android based phone. It doesn't show off any advantages a BB may have over a competitor. RIM should stick to having QWERTY keyboards and make that their must have feature, since it is probably why so many still buy BB's...
    RIMs huge issue is marketing and they know that. They know that they need to get the word out there and spreed the news about how awesome BBs are. personally I've never owned a single apple product and don't plan on to, EVER, but i do love their commercials. they are enjoyable and shows you what the product does no thinking involved and whats what you need for good marketing. People don't want to think in this tech age they want things done for them and done as fast and as simple as possible.
    the part about people hearing your business when using siri...this is why people use email and SMS instead of calling now, well more often IMO.
    01-27-12 01:30 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD