Amazon has a nice little site online to download the app, but why is it not available in the app world?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...bUvbUpU7015105
    01-09-12 08:02 PM
    Good question...I didn't even know this existed. I'm waiting for their Playbook App, if it ever shows
    01-09-12 08:08 PM
    Yea i know i didnt either untill I googled it tonight..it was a nice little suprise! Would be a hit in the App World, thats why I was asking.
    01-09-12 08:10 PM
    Not all apps that are available for BlackBerry are in App World. It's up to the developer to submit it to App World.
    01-09-12 08:10 PM
    I wonder if it's a revenue issue. I believe they have to pay Apple a percentage to sell stuff through the App Store including in-app purchases, so they try ways to get around that. Maybe a similar clause in the AppWorld agreement or maybe they made all apps available just through their own site. Maybe it's about turf and whose name shows up where. The BB Google apps are like that, you have to get them from M.google.com
    01-09-12 08:11 PM
    I wonder if it's a revenue issue. I believe they have to pay Apple a percentage to sell stuff through the App Store including in-app purchases, so they try ways to get around that.
    Their app doesn't support in-app purchasing on iOS. That's how they got around it.
    01-09-12 08:47 PM
    Amazon has a nice little site online to download the app, but why is it not available in the app world?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...bUvbUpU7015837
    I've seen threads before about this. Don't recall if here or elsewhere. But, since the app is free, it's more a marketing tool for Amazon. Most people who are interested in the app have an Amazon connection already via owning a Kindle. Some move from phone or PC app to a "real" Kindle. So, they see it as something they prefer to control.
    01-10-12 01:16 AM
    not supported on BB 9630 or playbook.
    01-14-12 10:25 PM
    Kindle newspapers, magazines, and blogs are not currently available for Kindle for BlackBerry
    Kindle for BlackBerry is available to U.S. customers only
    [sigh]
    01-14-12 11:42 PM
    Looks like no OS7 devices are supported yet.
    01-15-12 08:28 AM
    It's free on Amazon's website, so what the heck difference does it make????? Do you think the App store, sorry as it is, is going to have every app there is? Apple and Google have about 100,000 apps each on their stores, RIM a small fraction. Download it from Amazon and start posting about things that RIM really has to change.....like most everything.

Amazon.com: Kindle for BlackBerry - Read Kindle eBooks on your BlackBerry
    01-15-12 09:18 AM
    App World doesn't even have the regular Amazon app. But it has that Gold Box for Amazon and the Amazon MP3 apps. So go figure.

Yet there is Newegg and eBay in App World. In app purchases are obviously not an obstacle there.
    01-15-12 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD