The ONLY reason i stuck around was for the keyboard. That is ALL rim has going for them.

Today was the day to keep me and they failed.

Make a bold with the same specs as the latest android and i'm here to stay.

The 9900/9930 resembles last years androids. Spec wise. Instead, i can get those for free or a way cheaper price.

the new BB's are even more expensive then some of the top androids.

There is nothing an android cant do that bb does.

Maybe i'll be back if RIM gets it together.

Till then, see ya.
    10-18-11 10:34 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Seventy Million Blackberry users say " bye" ....
    10-18-11 10:35 PM
    Take it easy and good luck.
    10-18-11 10:39 PM
    The ONLY reason i stuck around was for the keyboard. That is ALL rim has going for them.

The 9900/9930 resembles last years androids. Spec wise. Instead, i can get those for free or a way cheaper price.

Till then, see ya.
    There's more to a phone than it's spec sheet. What a phone does is no more important than how it does what it does. If you haven't figured that out by now, then by all means enjoy your new Android. Bye.
    lockedtight and moryc like this.
    10-18-11 10:50 PM
    What's the point? Blackberry phones neither have an operating system that requires dual cores clocked at 1.5ghz, nor they have the same amount of suites and rich applications android has that require dual cores.

The only "highly" important addition blackberry phones needed to provide a non laggy competent UI was a GPU, and they got one.

Get me QNX on phones and I will cry dual core specs in such case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gbsn; 10-18-11 at 11:06 PM.
    10-18-11 11:00 PM
    I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors
    10-18-11 11:03 PM
    The processor on the new BB devices wasn't available a year ago. If you want specs for the sake of specs you have no business using a BB or an iphone. Android is your device. Enjoy it and try to ease up on the drama.
    graxyq likes this.
    10-18-11 11:04 PM
    Seventy Million Blackberry users say " bye" ....
    and more than 150 million Android users welcome you!

Please let us know how the Android treats you, best of luck.
    10-18-11 11:06 PM
    i just bought a nokia N9 for myself some 2 weeks back..

did i need to make an announcement about it? or did i need to disparage BB?

im still using my 9700 for work which is working fine...

my work will replace the phone for me by end of jan so i will most probably go for a 9900 (which i bought for my wife) or depending on how the new BBX phone will look..

i like BBs and i my head was turned by the Nokia N9 (i advise people who love PBs to check out the nokia N9 to recognize the beauty of it)...

i thought about buying an android phone (SG II) but didnt...no way i would buy a n Iphone..

so...who cares if you are changing..like former CEO said, millions of BB users will no tmiss you...
    grover5 likes this.
    10-18-11 11:08 PM
    See ya later.......
    10-18-11 11:12 PM
    Be careful, don't fall in between
    10-18-11 11:17 PM
    It's all about the software my friend. Enjoy Android, it is a great OS. But if you are in it for the specs, you will be happy for 6 months. Then when the quad core device come out and make your device look like garbage you will be crying about how your device is already old.

You will never be happy if you want the latest and greatest....well maybe if you have the money to blow every 6 months, then it could work.
    10-18-11 11:17 PM
    and more than 150 million Android users welcome you!

Please let us know how the Android treats you, best of luck.
    I just checked other posts by rdkempt ... all are negative toward RIM.
    Why do people join a BB enthusiast site if they don't even own a RIM product?

...I expect another TROLL-ish reply to this post from rdkempt

Let's not authenticate rdkempt and his TROLL friends (there are others like him here) by ignoring negative posts from non-blackberry owners.

...and BTW rdkempt -- I own Apple products as well as RIM products. Both have pluses and minuses...
    10-18-11 11:40 PM
    I just checked other posts by rdkempt ... all are negative toward RIM.
    Why do people join a BB enthusiast site if they don't even own a RIM product?

...I expect another TROLL-ish reply to this post from rdkempt

Let's not authenticate rdkempt and his TROLL friends (there are others like him here) by ignoring negative posts from non-blackberry owners.

...and BTW rdkempt -- I own Apple products as well as RIM products. Both have pluses and minuses...
    I know what you mean. I've seen people register for this site just to trash RIM and tell us they are leaving BB. It's ridiculous. No one cares.

The longer I'm on this site, the more the negative posters stand out. I just don't get what thrill they get out of trashing a product. It's sad and I really feel sorry for them.
    10-18-11 11:45 PM
    I understand why you are leaving.

Don't forget two required Android accessories...

Last edited by Caymancroc; 10-18-11 at 11:48 PM.
    10-18-11 11:45 PM
    Well see the thing is, RIM doesn't need a 90-core processor to work. While Android can get the latest and a few months later need something even more powerful cause people see how smooth it makes the OS, Blackberries, and even Windows Phones and iPhones can stick to their single core 1.x ghz processor and still be smoother than those dual core Androids.

If that was your reason for switching, then you are switching for the wrong reason.

I just recently watched walkthroughs of the 9900 and wow, it is SMOOTH. Apps open quick too! The 1.2 ghz processor it has is sufficient. Makes me want to upgrade from a 9700 but don't have the money too.
    10-19-11 01:07 AM
    I understand why you are leaving.

Don't forget two required Android accessories...

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image
    LOL!!

u went overboard
    10-19-11 01:10 AM
    Bye bye. Just don't cry to mama that you wasted your money

10-19-11 05:12 AM
    Some think it's great to go down with the ship, RIM is number 3 and fading fast, the stock is down to about $21, we get stupid apps to appease us for a catastrophic outage, at least for people who have them for business, and keep thinking that all who believe the new 4s is a great phone are called 'fan boys'. Count me in, there don't seem to be any RIM 'fan boys'. The famous quote 'the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different result'. That is the cult of RIM.....so old, going back to sleep.

You are so on the money, thank you so much....the idiost that post 'good bye from 70 million BB users'.....that is probably world wide, surely not in the US, and who don't acknowldege that RIM keeps releasing the same old same old rehashed phones is amazing. If it weren't for the keyboard, I'd have an iPhone in a minute, or an Android for that matter. RIM is down the tubes, they have, by the Wall Street Journals estimate, a couple hundred thousand tablets, the new BBX or whatever platform was announced with even a hint of a release decade, and I keep asking, when was the last time anyone was really excited about a new BB? When will there be BB stores like Apple stores? When will updates not be released every other week with some BS improvement (like Microsoft Windows), when will the press cover the release of a new BB?

Till then, see ya.
    10-19-11 05:21 AM
    Some think it's great to go down with the ship, RIM is number 3 and fading fast, the stock is down to about $21, we get stupid apps to appease us for a catastrophic outage, at least for people who have them for business, and keep thinking that all who believe the new 4s is a great phone are called 'fan boys'. Count me in, there don't seem to be any RIM 'fan boys'. The famous quote 'the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different result'. That is the cult of RIM.....so old, going back to sleep.
    Alright your opinion. I see RIM boosting soon with BBX. I can just see it. Also don't complain here about the outage. Could you still call or text? Yep you did. What's wrong with BBM or emails gone for 3 days max? You could have gotten an app which mimics BIS. Don't complain........

10-19-11 05:34 AM
    10-19-11 05:42 AM
    LOL!!

u went overboard
    Really? I think my nuclear power plant has to be bigger.
    10-19-11 05:53 AM
    Good luck! Hope you enjoy your future device!
    10-19-11 05:55 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...7/index31.html

Lets really hope your Android phone helps you learn to follow directions

their is a sticky thread for this, Didn't even require searching....
    10-19-11 05:57 AM
    Lower CPU MHz = longer battery life.

PS- For my upcoming upgrade, the Samsung Galaxy SII (Hercules) is next on my menu, if BBX doesn't turn out as expected.
    10-19-11 06:25 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD