A good read. Fair, unbiased an article that doesn't get written a lot lately......i pretty much agree with all that is written. Enjoy.......

The BlackBerry Is Better Than The iPhone
    Jake Storm, FMB8900 and BBB78 like this.
    11-26-11 07:28 AM
    Not a bad read. A little more depth would have made a better argument for the BlackBerry. The notifications take on a whole other level when you add BeBuzz and the fact that contacts and apps can have individual tones, vibration settings, etc. Music syncing is even easier when you factor in wifi syncing, you can see your entire library and download songs as you browse your library.

I won't go on further but I like to read a good honest article like that once in a while. If the author would have spent some time in the forums here he would have so much more to add to his piece!
    JPMorgan_ likes this.
    11-26-11 07:50 AM
    Good article, and it highlights what is really important in choosing a phone. Individual preferences. There is no "best phone" for everyone, everyone has their own needs and wants. You just need to decide what is important to you and which phone best suits those needs and wants.
    11-26-11 08:24 AM
    I've been contemplating dropping my IP4 and going back to BB myself. I just love the form factor and feel of the 9930. Aside from productivity apps, I'm not really one of those people who need 10,000 meaningless apps/games. The only thing stopping me is the difference in browers and camera. Although on paper the BB's specs have the BB 9930 being faster than the IP, its really not. Web pages take longer to load. I've tried out about 5 different 9930's, and they all load my most frequented websites slower than my IP4. Next is the difference in picture quality. I take document pics for work and that is almost impossible to do with the 9930. From a distance the 9930 takes decent pics, but from up close, everything comes in blurry. I really wish these 2 things were on par with the IP. I would drop it today and jump on a 9930 asap!

Oh....one last thing. I have about 500 songs on my IP4. I listen to them while at the gym or in my car via Ipod/Iphone jack. Dont know how I will get all these songs onto my BB if I can at all.
    Last edited by deevel79; 11-26-11 at 10:48 AM.
    11-26-11 10:44 AM
    Generally a very balanced article. However he was comparing the performance of a 9900 with an iPhone 4 rather than the 4s which makes his performance comparisons and his camera comparisons invalid.

I don't agree with his assessment of email capabilities either. There are some things that iOS does better as far as email is concerned (e.g. 2 way syncing and large attachments).
    11-26-11 11:11 AM
    Songs shouldn't be an issue if you have an microSD card.

You might see if the app store has a cam to pdf app. My camera's pretty good but when I use the cam to pdf app, it really makes the pics a lot better.

Browser I'm not sure. Are you locked into your sites loading up in 3 seconds vs 5 seconds? (or whatever time frame they load)
    11-26-11 11:14 AM
    I've been contemplating dropping my IP4 and going back to BB myself. I just love the form factor and feel of the 9930. Aside from productivity apps, I'm not really one of those people who need 10,000 meaningless apps/games. The only thing stopping me is the difference in browers and camera. Although on paper the BB's specs have the BB 9930 being faster than the IP, its really not. Web pages take longer to load. I've tried out about 5 different 9930's, and they all load my most frequented websites slower than my IP4. Next is the difference in picture quality. I take document pics for work and that is almost impossible to do with the 9930. From a distance the 9930 takes decent pics, but from up close, everything comes in blurry. I really wish these 2 things were on par with the IP. I would drop it today and jump on a 9930 asap!

Oh....one last thing. I have about 500 songs on my IP4. I listen to them while at the gym or in my car via Ipod/Iphone jack. Dont know how I will get all these songs onto my BB if I can at all.
    OS6 and OS7 sync with itunes using wifi, you don't even need cables once you set it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-11 12:42 PM
    Good read, an unbiased, unprejudiced writeup - unlike most of the media out there these days. The only thing I was may disagree with him on is the OS...if he thinks iOS is old, then he really doesn't know how old BBOS is.

The flip side to this article is equally well written:
    Blackberry 9930 vs iPhone 4S
    11-26-11 12:45 PM
    The only issue with the music might be if you have songs that you purchased from iTunes before they were DRM free. If that is the case, they will not play on anything other than an iDevice.
    11-26-11 12:47 PM
    The only issue with the music might be if you have songs that you purchased from iTunes before they were DRM free. If that is the case, they will not play on anything other than an iDevice.
    Just save copies as mp3s and you are fine.
    11-26-11 01:00 PM
    Just save copies as mp3s and you are fine.
    I know the workarounds, but did not want to mention anything that would be in violation of forum rules.
    11-26-11 01:06 PM
    Generally a very balanced article. However he was comparing the performance of a 9900 with an iPhone 4 rather than the 4s which makes his performance comparisons and his camera comparisons invalid.

I don't agree with his assessment of email capabilities either. There are some things that iOS does better as far as email is concerned (e.g. 2 way syncing and large attachments).
    How is the camera comparisons invalid? Does the iphone 4s have a dedicated camera button that you can press twice and it will open the camera and take the shot? From what I hear the 4s camera has it's own focus problems anyway.

And regarding email, the features that are on IOS and not on BB are not the essential day to day features needed as with BB, the ones on BB outweigh the ones on IOS by far.

And attachments sizes have increased recently, depending on the email account. A

11-26-11 01:08 PM
    I know the workarounds, but did not want to mention anything that would be in violation of forum rules.
    Ah, gotcha. I assumed it was fine since I wasn't referring to any untoward workaround but what is provided by Apple itself.
    11-26-11 01:17 PM
    Does the iphone 4s have a dedicated camera button that you can press twice and it will open the camera and take the shot?
    You may want to consider the meaning of the word "dedicated," since as far as I know, a "dedicated" camera button would be one that does nothing else but camera features. Neither iOS nor BlackBerry devices offer such a button. Now, if what you mean is a button which can (among other things) enable a quick snapshot, then I believe this can be found on both iOS 5 and BlackBerry.

From what I hear the 4s camera has it's own focus problems anyway.
    Really. Sources?

And regarding email, the features that are on IOS and not on BB are not the essential day to day features needed as with BB, the ones on BB outweigh the ones on IOS by far.
    In your opinion. Countering his opinion with your opinion doesn't really move the needle.

And attachments sizes have increased recently, depending on the email account.
    That's great, but with both iOS and Android, attachment handling isn't determined by which e-mail account you're using. In other words, there's a consistent experience across e-mail providers/accounts.
    11-26-11 01:22 PM
    All smoke and mirrors.......

What really matters is each user find a device that works for them.......
    11-26-11 01:34 PM
    You may want to consider the meaning of the word "dedicated," since as far as I know, a "dedicated" camera button would be one that does nothing else but camera features. Neither iOS nor BlackBerry devices offer such a button. Now, if what you mean is a button which can (among other things) enable a quick snapshot, then I believe this can be found on both iOS 5 and BlackBerry.

Really. Sources?

In your opinion. Countering his opinion with your opinion doesn't really move the needle.

That's great, but with both iOS and Android, attachment handling isn't determined by which e-mail account you're using. In other words, there's a consistent experience across e-mail providers/accounts.
    iPhone 4S camera not working ("Shutter"...: Apple Support Communities
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3389334?start=0... - United States
    15 posts - 9 authors - Last post: 15 Oct
    I fired up the Camera app on the 4S and the "shutter" will not open (either for stills or videos). I tried rebooting the phone and it's still not working ...
    iPhone 4S Camera Roll Bug iOS 5: Apple Support Communities‎ - 2 Nov 2011
    iPhone 4S camera problem/others: Apple Support Communities‎ - 31 Oct 2011
    iPhone 4 camera problem- intermittent...: Apple Support Communities‎ - 4 Sep 2010
    iphone 4 camera flash: Apple Support Communities‎ - 29 Aug 2010
    More results from discussions.apple.com �
    iPhone 4 camera focus problems on iOS 5 - MacRumors Forums
    forums.macrumors.com � iPhone, iPod and iPad � iOS 5
    15 posts - 10 authors - Last post: 2 days ago
    After updating to iOS 5 I've noticed a consistent problem with the iPhone 4 camera. Even when focus is right on the money, the camera pumps ...
    Iphone 4 Auto Focus problem‎ - 5 Nov 2011
    iPhone 4s photo/camera problems - hangs on "Saving Photo ...‎ - 1 Nov 2011
    iPhone 4S Rear Camera Problem‎ - 15 Oct 2011
    full case for iphone 4 without camera flash problems‎ - 12 Dec 2010
    More results from forums.macrumors.com �

And attachments sizes do depend on the email provider, gmail has bigger attachments then my own hosted email.
    11-26-11 01:41 PM
    Re: email size limit and attachment size limit
    Subscribers using BlackBerry smartphones with BlackBerry� 7 installed can:

receive email messages that are up to 11MB in size
    download attachments in their original format that are up to 8MB in size
    view up to 300KB in an HTML email message
    KB28226-New Features of BlackBerry Internet Service 4.1

As far as the email account, that still depends. My ISP allows up to 30MB attachments, which would be viewable on an iPhone4S, but not on an OS7 BlackBerry using BIS.
    11-26-11 01:47 PM
    How is the camera comparisons invalid? Does the iphone 4s have a dedicated camera button that you can press twice and it will open the camera and take the shot? From what I hear the 4s camera has it's own focus problems anyway.

And attachments sizes have increased recently, depending on the email account. A

The 4s camera is considerably faster than the camera on the 4. Both cameras shoot much better images than anything on a Blackberry. The volume key can be used as a shutter button.

As for email, the only advantages a Blackberry has for me are the keyboard (I would never buy a BB that didn't have one) and the blinking light. The lack of reliable 2 way sync and inability to handle large attachments were big problems for me.
    11-26-11 01:49 PM
    The 4s camera is considerably faster than the camera on the 4. Both cameras shoot much better images than anything on a Blackberry. The volume key can be used as a shutter button.

As for email, the only advantages a Blackberry has for me are the keyboard (I would never buy a BB that didn't have one) and the blinking light. The lack of reliable 2 way sync and inability to handle large attachments were big problems for me.

The argument was not about quality or the speed of the shutter(which is very very fast on the 9900) but the speed that you can take a photo from a locked phone, on a BB you just press the top button and double click the camera button, this will open the camera and take the shot, you don't need to wait for the camera to start first and then take the shot.
    11-26-11 01:56 PM
    How is the camera comparisons invalid? Does the iphone 4s have a dedicated camera button that you can press twice and it will open the camera and take the shot?
    All you have to do it press the home button twice on the lock screen and you can take a pic right there. Very simple.
    11-26-11 02:09 PM
    All you have to do it press the home button twice on the lock screen and you can take a pic right there. Very simple.
    Does that open the camera or does it take the shot as well?

Oh, and by the way, the double click of the camera button works from anywhere within the phone, from any app you might be in.
    11-26-11 02:14 PM
    I just emailed myself an 8mb video and my own hosted email and gmail could open it but live.com couldn't.

11-26-11 02:18 PM
    I personally think people just like what they like and if that takes switching a brand/device, then do be it. Really the only way to know, so I can respect what works for ya.
    11-26-11 02:58 PM
    I guess the guy didnt know you can skip tracks forward and backwards on the BB by holding the volume up and down keys for a second?
    11-26-11 03:07 PM
    I agree the media are biased against BB for sure, but because an article sides with your opinion does not make it fair and unbiased. Lmao

I don't agree with many points made, yet I do agree that the press is way hard on RIM and actually dismissive in that BB does not even show up in many comparisons anymore.

I loved my BB, but my iPhone suites me better. That does not mean the BB is not the better choice for some or that it is incapable. However, many of you just don't know both devices and make invalid points. To each his or her own! Someone posts an article and it gets polarized immediately.
    moiselles likes this.
    11-26-11 03:16 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD