I was out the other night with a friend who has a Q10. In 2 minutes, he showed me some of the main features of the phone (primarily around navigation). Then I tried it for a couple of minutes. Truth be told, I was sold. Or at least very interested in taking a closer look at BB as my next phone. My wife has an iPhone5 (which I've used on many occasions) so I felt that I had something to compare to.

So the question for me becomes: How do you take a 2 minute experience like mine and repeat it around the world? If we could figure that out, BB would be selling a lot more phone (or at least generating much more interest in their products).
    neteng1000 and theRock1975 like this.
    08-02-13 06:37 AM
    I was out the other night with a friend who has a Q10. In 2 minutes, he showed me some of the main features of the phone (primarily around navigation). Then I tried it for a couple of minutes. Truth be told, I was sold. Or at least very interested in taking a closer look at BB as my next phone. My wife has an iPhone5 (which I've used on many occasions) so I felt that I had something to compare to.

So the question for me becomes: How do you take a 2 minute experience like mine and repeat it around the world? If we could figure that out, BB would be selling a lot more phone (or at least generating much more interest in their products).
    How about a bomb that selectively wipes out the population of the world's smartphone market and replaces each of the individuals in that market with a clone of you?

What impresses you may not impress other people, who may care more or care less about things you care about.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    08-02-13 06:44 AM

Hey!! Hi and welcome to CrackBerry!!
    Hope you enjoy your stay!
    I like what you said...you were sold in a few minutes. That's the trick tho...other people have their hearts set on a different phone (much how I do on a BB) and well, how do you change their minds? I dunno but having a share of the market is something that BB needs to strive for.

Hope you enjoy posting here at CB. If you need anything please flag me down and let me know!
    08-02-13 06:47 AM
    Marketing by showing the features of the phone. Having a BlackBerry sales rep in stores talking and showing customers the features of the phone.
    Where I live here on the east coast of Canada, Apple brings in a sales rep to our local Future shop. Why I'm not sure they would have one here in such a small market as Charlottetown, PE is beyond me.
    Now BlackBerry was to do the same thing in some big cities around, it would probably help.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 06:49 AM
    BB needs to sell to the salesman first. Carriers need to be on board. They need to believe in the product and be willing to offer it up as an alternative to consumers coming in looking for a phone.
    08-02-13 07:23 AM

Well it starts with a few early adopters and then it cascades. We should be at 4-5 million strong now. That's a lot of 2 minute demos.

I'm liking the vibe from posters like you. You like the product so much more than the best selling competitor and want to find a way to let everyone else know the truth.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 07:48 AM
    I think they also need to rethink a couple of selling points... It may not be a popular opinion but as a BlackBerry supporter, it drives me nuts to have people keep saying BB10 is awesome because of peek and flow. It may well be awesome because of those features but tagging essentially meaningless buzz words on to it isn't going to help the average consumer. Just pick it up and show them how easy it is to see how many notifications of what kind you have in the hub and how easy it is to check them and then get back to what you were doing and that will sell it for many many people.

Get some ads out that show the operation of the device and get WORKING demos at the retailers and the phones will sell themselves.
    08-02-13 07:49 AM
    I think they also need to rethink a couple of selling points... It may not be a popular opinion but as a BlackBerry supporter, it drives me nuts to have people keep saying BB10 is awesome because of peek and flow. It may well be awesome because of those features but tagging essentially meaningless buzz words on to it isn't going to help the average consumer. Just pick it up and show them how easy it is to see how many notifications of what kind you have in the hub and how easy it is to check them and then get back to what you were doing and that will sell it for many many people.

Get some ads out that show the operation of the device and get WORKING demos at the retailers and the phones will sell themselves.
    They made apps for ios and android to demo how peek and flow work.

The TV advertising always show peek and flow.

The paper advertising has the z10 always peeking into the hub.

BlackBerry has kiosks in big cities and hundreds of vans driving around and stopping in high traffic areas.

For the resources they have they are doing an amazing job.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 08:00 AM
    as much as i like positivity for bb and hate to rain on a parade i think the OP is just a regular forum member using a new account to beef bb up and create a false feeling of more and more people adopting the phone

who would recieve a two minute demo of a phone whilst on a night out with a friend then the next day remember that 2 minute demo, come onto a fan forum to ask how to replicate his 2 minute experience with many more users? im sorry i could understand if you were an enthusiast but its a bit extreme for you to suddenly want to plan some marketing over it to increase phone sales and popularity of a product.
    08-02-13 08:03 AM
    BB needs to sell to the salesman first. Carriers need to be on board. They need to believe in the product and be willing to offer it up as an alternative to consumers coming in looking for a phone.
    ^this^

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    08-02-13 08:03 AM
    They made apps for ios and android to demo how peek and flow work.

The TV advertising always show peek and flow.

The paper advertising has the z10 always peeking into the hub.

BlackBerry has kiosks in big cities and hundreds of vans driving around and stopping in high traffic areas.

For the resources they have they are doing an amazing job.

Posted via CB10
    My point exactly, it's always peek and flow, peek and flow.. They have basically based their marketing on how to check your messages. It is innovative and is a really cool idea that works well but there is soooo much more to BB10 and the devices than peek and flow.

Yes, you need a starting off point and a foot in the door but for as long as BB10 has been out in the wild now they need to ditch the broken record and do a better job of showing off what the hardware's capable of.

This is the exact same problem they had with marketing the PlayBook.. They basically marketed it as an extender for people's BlackBerrys which is fine. That is a great use of the tablet but I know of several BB users who got iPads instead because they said all the PB was good for was extending their BB and that's not what they wanted in a tablet. The PB is a great size, easy to get the hang of and solid tablet which had dismal sales numbers and has been quietly relegated to the corner. All they had to do was show how well the PB handles multitasking (and make some better choices about things like native e-mail from the start) and they would have positioned themselves a lot better in a competative market.

BBRY needs better marketing. There was a Z10 in one of the last episodes of the season for Criminal Minds which was great and they had little graphic ads in the lower 3rd and some actual commercials during the show but then I didn't see any follow up to it or anything marketing push to keep whatever momentum up that they had managed.
    08-02-13 10:56 AM