Well if god can be invoked in a public forum, then his existence can and should be denied in a public forum.
    Anyway I think the OP just started this thread to increase his post count

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    DON'T test me boy
    04-13-11 05:42 PM
    As far as my religious identity goes I'm a Hindu , although I'm completely secular as far is religion is concerned, in that I hate all religions equally.
    Having said that Hindusim has absolutely no issues with evolution. Our religion is more scientific than any other ( which is not saying much).
    Secondly if you believe that Darwin meant humans descended from monkeys then you have not understood Darwin's Theory of Evolution.
    I don't have to prove that god doesn't exist, there is no need to prove a negative, but you should be the one to prove that god does exist giving rational and logical proof.
    By asking me to prove that god doesn't exist,would be the same if I asked you to prove that flying elephants don't exist.
    Lastly, organised religion is the basic root of all evil. Look at what people do to prove that their god is superior. The kill, they destroy the WTC buildings, they drop bombs on innocent people in Gaza. The 600 yr crusades was a " my god is better than your god" war. The current islamic terrorist movement is the same.
    If that is what your god does, I don't want any part of it.
    There is a wonderful book by Richard Dawkins: The God Delusion. Read it. Burn it after reading it if you don't agree with it. But do read it. Reading never brought anyone any harm.
    Anyway this is the last I would say on the topic of God and religion. The topic would be better discussed in a different forum.
    I agree 100% and I live in a country where catholics and protestants have been killing eachother for years and they're basically the same religion.

I can't believe the word "Crusade" is still used in this day and age as a positive word. Let's see Church promised people they go straight to heaven if they fight, they sloghtered many many inocent people, they even got children to fight for them as they thought their pure souls would win the fight.

And today we name sports teams "Crusaders"

Crusade is a dirty word that the church should be ashamed of.

04-13-11 08:41 PM
    As far as my religious identity goes I'm a Hindu , although I'm completely secular as far is religion is concerned, in that I hate all religions equally.
    Having said that Hindusim has absolutely no issues with evolution. Our religion is more scientific than any other ( which is not saying much).
    Secondly if you believe that Darwin meant humans descended from monkeys then you have not understood Darwin's Theory of Evolution.
    I don't have to prove that god doesn't exist, there is no need to prove a negative, but you should be the one to prove that god does exist giving rational and logical proof.
    By asking me to prove that god doesn't exist,would be the same if I asked you to prove that flying elephants don't exist.
    Lastly, organised religion is the basic root of all evil. Look at what people do to prove that their god is superior. The kill, they destroy the WTC buildings, they drop bombs on innocent people in Gaza. The 600 yr crusades was a " my god is better than your god" war. The current islamic terrorist movement is the same.
    If that is what your god does, I don't want any part of it.
    There is a wonderful book by Richard Dawkins: The God Delusion. Read it. Burn it after reading it if you don't agree with it. But do read it. Reading never brought anyone any harm.
    Anyway this is the last I would say on the topic of God and religion. The topic would be better discussed in a different forum.
    My comment about monkeys was just a one liner to to let you lnow your believe is no issue with me. I can be your friend whoever you
    Pray to or don't. It doesn't matter to me.oh I understand all to well Darwin's theroy. Like I said I cut to the chase.
    No..... Man starts wars. We'll use any excuse we can. Sadly religion is a big one. The one's that clsim to kill for God's sake is not Godly. So you want some kind of proof. Well just to be quick and brief God said thy shall not kill, love thy neighbor, and that vengence was his. Those 3 statements alone clears the matter up. Jesus taugt that we can tell a tree by the fruit it bares. He also taught what ever you do to the least you've also done to him. So if a church wages war in God's name you know right from the bat its not in God's name.
    Brother your very mistaken. I do not have to prove God to you. "Every knee will bend amd every head will bow". That's weither you believe or not. I can barely make it thru a hour keeping myself in check. I have no room to try to get the thorn out of your eye. I'm just going to enjoy our converdations and hope we leave with a new perspective.

04-14-11 12:53 AM
    My comment about monkeys was just a one liner to to let you lnow your believe is no issue with me. I can be your friend whoever you
    Pray to or don't. It doesn't matter to me.oh I understand all to well Darwin's theroy. Like I said I cut to the chase.
    No..... Man starts wars. We'll use any excuse we can. Sadly religion is a big one. The one's that clsim to kill for God's sake is not Godly. So you want some kind of proof. Well just to be quick and brief God said thy shall not kill, love thy neighbor, and that vengence was his. Those 3 statements alone clears the matter up. Jesus taugt that we can tell a tree by the fruit it bares. He also taught what ever you do to the least you've also done to him. So if a church wages war in God's name you know right from the bat its not in God's name.
    Brother your very mistaken. I do not have to prove God to you. "Every knee will bend amd every head will bow". That's weither you believe or not. I can barely make it thru a hour keeping myself in check. I have no room to try to get the thorn out of your eye. I'm just going to enjoy our converdations and hope we leave with a new perspective.

13echo:
    I admire the way you are dealing with this discussion calmly. We can have opposing views but civility should be maintained.
    In relegious discussions, I have seen most believers turn nasty and sometimes violent (somehow atheists never do), there is a poster somewhere above threatening me "Not to test him".
    Anyway just wanted to tell you that you have taken this in the right spirit. Its the way it should be. Cheers.

04-14-11 01:01 AM
    13echo:
    I admire the way you are dealing with this discussion calmly. We can have opposing views but civility should be maintained.
    In relegious discussions, I have seen most believers turn nasty and sometimes violent (somehow atheists never do), there is a poster somewhere above threatening me "Not to test him".
    Anyway just wanted to tell you that you have taken this in the right spirit. Its the way it should be. Cheers.

Haha calm down dude, I'm just messing with ya
    04-14-11 01:08 AM
    13echo:
    Brother he created us equal. None over the other. He gave both of us a free choice. He commanded is to love each other no matter how we chose. Brother always remember you can name a tree by the fruit it bares. Its not hard to see, hear, feel, touch God. To love him is to know him. Understand his position and it all makes sence. You have to find your own peace.
    Thank you for your understanding and seeing in my words I'm not argueing with you. As your mind could have been shut and took my comments to be arguementive and likewise defended your postion.
    Last edited by 13echo4; 04-14-11 at 01:31 AM.
    04-14-11 01:27 AM

Yeah but name me a church that hasn't started a war or blessed and army before going to war?

04-14-11 01:49 AM
    Yeah but name me a church that hasn't started a war or blessed and army before going to war?

Brother a "church" is just a man made group. Jesus said on "this rock" I build "My church". I believe "this rock" is love and truth. To answer your question is easier to ask you a question. Tell me of an apple tree put out oranges?
    It's not my purpose in life to prove to you God exist or to show you that the life that you life is wrong. I was put on this earth to serve the Lord. My 1st priority is to love my neighbor as I love myself. My job is to plant the seed. That's as far as it goes. God takes care of the rest.
    I will say this. If your looking for God in a church or the actions of men you'll never find him. He's not in the church. He is in your hearth. Christ said at your heart I knock any man that let's me in I will enter and sit with him.

Last edited by 13echo4; 04-14-11 at 01:41 PM.
    04-14-11 10:17 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD