Have you been asked why you use a BlackBerry but really can't express your answer? You know why but you can't put into words? That's how I have been all these yrs. Until today. I had a class today to brush up on any gov. Updates on mycotoxins and the new system we are using to test for this. Yall that know about grain know what I'm talking about. Anyway if you dontnits a toxin put of by a mold in grains.
    Everybody knows me I'm a grunt. I do the work so an office rat ask me why I use a BlackBerry cause I don't work in a office. Can you believe my luck? My answer is a question that was actually asked me. I don't work in a office. If I did I wouldn't need one. Matter of fact I wouldn't even have a cellphone.
    Does my BB do anything that other platforms don't do? I don't really think so today. They did when I 1st started useing them. I think they've gotten better over the years.
    This how line of questioning stemmed from the fact that I have a torch and have several BBs that where the it as they came out. Our company only gives office rats bbs and the base is the 8520. They'll upgrade them to a 9700 but it'll cost em $125 out of their on pocket. No big deal they don't have a phone bill. Couldn't help but notice this youngin was sporting a 8520. I don't mind buying my devices and I'm comfertable w/ paying my bill. I don't have any strings attached to the company. Yes my phone is used an awful lot on company busness.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-11 04:43 PM
    Here are a few more questions for you:
    1) are all squares rectangles?
    2) Why is the Earth round?
    3) Why is Water wet?
    4) Are Macs better than Windows PC?
    5) Did humans really did land on the moon?
    6) Was the first wheel round? and if it wasn't would it still be called a "Wheel"?
    7) Was there really a second shooter on the grassy knoll?
    8) Who is Tiger's new squeeze?
    I'll have more questions after the break..
    Last edited by sam_b77; 04-12-11 at 06:05 PM.
    04-12-11 05:59 PM
    I use a BB because I can actually type on it. It has the best keyboard. If you can't type proficiently, you can't respond to texts and e-mails in a timely manner. It does so much more than that, but for the main function of communication, it is the best.

Had the DX - it was a battery-sucking web browser and Angry Bird game machine.

Had the Palm Pre + - it sucked arse.

Never had an iPhone - looks cool though.

BB has "it" on form factor.

04-12-11 06:08 PM
    1) Squares are not rectangles. To be square you have equal sides.
    2) That is the way God made it. He knew us dumn humans would fall off the planet if it where flat.
    3) Well dry water prolly wouldn't be to cool.
    4)In my limited opinion they are not. Apple company is to backwards as is their hardware. None of it is abuser friendly.
    5) No we haven't.
    6) The wheel has always been round.
    7) 2nd at least possible there was a 3rd.
    8) An orange?

BlackStormRising likes this.
    04-12-11 06:28 PM
    1) Squares are not rectangles. To be square you have equal sides.
    2) That is the way God made it. He knew us dumn humans would fall off the planet if it where flat.
    3) Well dry water prolly wouldn't be to cool.
    4)In my limited opinion they are not. Apple company is to backwards as is their hardware. None of it is abuser friendly.
    5) No we haven't.
    6) The wheel has always been round.
    7) 2nd at least possible there was a 3rd.
    8) An orange?

LOL...loved your answers...although the first two are plainly wrong...
    1) All squares ARE rectangles. A square is a special case of rectangle wherein all four sides are equal.
    2) God doesn't exist, so he didn't make the Earth to suit us Highly Intelligent humans..
    and No.4.....shhh be careful, the mac fanbois may be around...
    04-12-11 06:47 PM
    1) All squares ARE rectangles. A square is a special case of rectangle wherein all four sides are equal.
    2) God doesn't exist, so he didn't make the Earth to suit us Highly Intelligent humans..
    No my friend a square can not be a rectangle because it has even sides. The rectangle is the odd out by having 2 longer sides. Everything stsrts from the square.

I'm very pleased to tell you that God is very real. There is no way this perfect planets accendently come to be. If man was so intellent then why oh why did we leave Eden, or invent war, plastic bottles, or the credit system. America is on the brink of being lost. Yea we're so smart that all we know is what someone told us.

04-12-11 07:24 PM
    Posts like this are just so wrong on so many levels
    04-12-11 08:13 PM
    No my friend a square can not be a rectangle because it has even sides. The rectangle is the odd out by having 2 longer sides. Everything stsrts from the square.
    Sorry, a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle is not always a square.

Rectangle - math word definition - Math Open Reference

I won't even comment about the god thing...

As for why do I use a BlackBerry, because I like it. I hate anything and everything Apple. Android is awkward and disorganized. WebOS is pathetic, and don't like Symbian. Windows isn't too bad, but just don't like their phones quite yet, I could maybe be convinced into one though. BlackBerry is my favorite...
    04-12-11 08:52 PM
    A square isn't a rectangle. A square is a quadrant w/ 4 equal sides. Is diangle lines always measures 45�.

A rectangle is a quadrant w/ 2 equal sides and its diangle line can measure anything.
    A rectangle is never a square it wil always only have 2 equal sides.

04-12-11 09:57 PM
    A square isn't a rectangle. A square is a quadrant w/ 4 equal sides. Is diangle lines always measures 45•.

A rectangle is a quadrant w/ 2 equal sides and its diangle line can measure anything.
    A rectangle is never a square it wil always only have 2 equal sides.

What a dumb thing to argue over, but did you not read the link I posted?

Here's another one in case you need more convincing...

Definition of Rectangle

And here's another one Let me google that for you

A rectangle is a four-sided polygon (a flat shape with straight sides) where every angle is a right angle (90�).

Also opposite sides are parallel and of equal length.

Example: A square is a special type of rectangle.
    04-12-11 10:02 PM
    My blackberry doesn't fail me.

04-12-11 11:05 PM
    I use blackberry because the way i see it, it's like an iPhone or an Android with good battery life, nice form factor and awesome keyboard. Not to mention, reliable and functional
    04-12-11 11:12 PM
    It does everything I need it to do.
    04-12-11 11:15 PM
    I can't believe you people are more so arguing/debating over a rectangle/square...I mean really, lol!

I use my BB because I choose too....

04-13-11 03:09 AM
    Posts like this are just so wrong on so many levels
    Well if god can be invoked in a public forum, then his existence can and should be denied in a public forum.
    Anyway I think the OP just started this thread to increase his post count

04-13-11 04:01 AM
    Well if god can be invoked in a public forum, then his existence can and should be denied in a public forum.

I don't deny god as such, I just deny any version of god presented by any church in the world.

If anybody claims God talks to them today they'll be put in a lunatic asylum yet all religions are based on people talking to their gods.

04-13-11 06:33 AM
    WAFJ

04-13-11 07:44 AM

Sam your right if you want to believe you came from monkeys that's fine w/ me. I have nothing against you. But I wonder if God is not real then why does the "none believers" spend so much money/time to prove he isn't real? I think their not trying to convence me he's not real but convence me they don't believe in him. Anyway God loves you and he gave us all the choice. Freedom of belief and obedence. He also command that I take no revenge on his part so your belief system is no sweat of my back. I planted the seed it all in his hands now.
    No Sam I didn't start this thread for post count. I did wondee where your questioning stemmed from. My post was honest. I had never been able to put to words the answer to this question. I found it ironic a question is actually the answer. I don't care about post count. I don't get paid for it. It actually takes away from some I could be doing. Lol

04-13-11 07:45 AM
    Sam your right if you want to believe you came from monkeys that's fine w/ me. I have nothing against you. But I wonder if God is not real then why does the "none believers" spend so much money/time to prove he isn't real? I think their not trying to convence me he's not real but convence me they don't believe in him. Anyway God loves you and he gave us all the choice. Freedom of belief and obedence. He also command that I take no revenge on his part so your belief system is no sweat of my back. I planted the seed it all in his hands now.
    No Sam I didn't start this thread for post count. I did wondee where your questioning stemmed from. My post was honest. I had never been able to put to words the answer to this question. I found it ironic a question is actually the answer. I don't care about post count. I don't get paid for it. It actually takes away from some I could be doing. Lol

Which god are u talking about? Unless you noticed there's quite a few of them.

04-13-11 07:52 AM
    A BB is a phone. It is also a cell phone. It is also a smartphone. However, not all phones are BBs.

In the same vein, a square is a quadrilateral. One type of quadrilateral is a parallelogram. Two types of parallelograms are rectangles and rhombuses. A square is a very special parallelogram in that it is both a rectangle and a rhombus. However, not all quadrilaterals (or rectangles!) are squares.

I use a BB because I like squares.

04-13-11 08:18 AM
    What a dumb thing to argue over, but did you not read the link I posted?

Here's another one in case you need more convincing...

[url=http://www.mathsisfun.com/de]
    Dude your the one that's argueing the point. This was a comment/response between Sam and I. You thought you would your intellic by jumping I'm. I'm sorry you feel it made you stupid. Let's get something straight I don't need anybody to do my googleing for me. I'm very able to do it. Yes I read the material. And? I can think for myself. The same .aterial you posted that suggest that a square is a rectangle counterdects itself. It you understand what a square and rectangle are you would see that when rectangle has 2 sets equal sides meaning it is a regular rectangle squsre and retangle share a lot of interrer and exteror traits. A rectangle does not have to have 2 sets of equal sides. A rectangles corner to corner does not measure 45�.
    1 more if uou still need convieceing.... A square is a regular polygon. It will always be a regular polygon. Its 4 sides will always be ewual. The second one of the sides change it is no longer a square.
    If we where to cut 2 shapes out of plywood. 1 measuring 2x2x2x2 and another 2x3x2x3 and told you for a $100 pickout the rectangle you would pick the 2x3.

04-13-11 08:20 AM
    Which god are u talking about? Unless you noticed there's quite a few of them.

No there is only 1 God. He has been called several different names. But there is only 1 that has created everything.. There's has been a lot of beings that has professed to be God bit fell short.

04-13-11 08:31 AM
    No there is only 1 God. He has been called several different names. But there is only 1 that has created everything.. There's has been a lot of beings that has professed to be God bit fell short.

Isn't this how wars start? My god is the real one, no mine is and the rest is history
    What I find funny is how many churches claim the same god and preach from the same book but they're so different.

04-13-11 08:54 AM
    I love the keyboard and battery life on my BB. Those two things it does very well.
    04-13-11 12:14 PM

As far as my religious identity goes I'm a Hindu , although I'm completely secular as far is religion is concerned, in that I hate all religions equally.
    Having said that Hindusim has absolutely no issues with evolution. Our religion is more scientific than any other ( which is not saying much).
    Secondly if you believe that Darwin meant humans descended from monkeys then you have not understood Darwin's Theory of Evolution.
    I don't have to prove that god doesn't exist, there is no need to prove a negative, but you should be the one to prove that god does exist giving rational and logical proof.
    By asking me to prove that god doesn't exist,would be the same if I asked you to prove that flying elephants don't exist.
    Lastly, organised religion is the basic root of all evil. Look at what people do to prove that their god is superior. The kill, they destroy the WTC buildings, they drop bombs on innocent people in Gaza. The 600 yr crusades was a " my god is better than your god" war. The current islamic terrorist movement is the same.
    If that is what your god does, I don't want any part of it.
    There is a wonderful book by Richard Dawkins: The God Delusion. Read it. Burn it after reading it if you don't agree with it. But do read it. Reading never brought anyone any harm.
    Anyway this is the last I would say on the topic of God and religion. The topic would be better discussed in a different forum.
    04-13-11 02:54 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD