I think I look like a monkey poking at something it doesn't understand using an iPhone where with my BlackBerry where with my BlackBerry I feel I give off a more favorable impression. I think using an iPhone makes me look stupid. I may not feel as uncomfortable with it if I familiarized myself with an iPhone but I have no inclination to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jesse.joseph; 03-22-09 at 02:10 AM.
    03-22-09 02:08 AM
    But its hard for you to type on it

03-22-09 02:11 AM
    But its hard for you to type on it

Yeah and isn't the way you're supposed to start off doing is poking at it with your pointer finger? Combine that with trying to remember how to make a phone call and you look slow. :/:/:/

03-22-09 02:16 AM
    Yeah and isn't the way you're supposed to start off doing is poking at it with your pointer finger? Combine that with trying to remember how to make a phone call and you look slow. :/:/:/

Maybe you're actually if you can't remember how to make a phone call...
    03-22-09 05:17 AM
    i always use my thumb on my cousins iPod touch. playing with that weekly satisfies the iPhone cravings in the back of my head.
    03-22-09 07:57 AM
    'Berry's are way classier than iPhones. Yes, they are businesslike. This is what makes them clasy! I won't ever be crossing over to the enemy! DOWN WITH THE iPHONE
    03-22-09 08:16 AM
    blackberry all the way
    03-22-09 08:49 AM
    Indeed. Blackberry is the way. I cannot get into the iPhone and some of its pointless, but eye pleasing apps.

03-22-09 08:54 AM
    The iPhone is just a novelty. It is neat to play with. My main issue with the iPhone is its inability to multitask which is hardware related from what I understand.

03-22-09 08:55 AM
    For now I'm with ya, who knows what the future brings
    03-22-09 09:04 AM
    I could never get into the Iphone. The berry is the way to go for me. I play with my friends Ipod touch occasionally, but that is the extend of it.
    03-22-09 09:29 AM
    I use my thumbs to type on iPodTouch/iPhone. Not a big deal at all.

It's actually easier and faster than on my Pearl. Then again, I've never used a full keyboard BB.
    03-22-09 11:27 AM
    Here we go again. I type much faster on my iPhone than on any BB (Fastest on Bold). I use both thumbs, and I do not have small fingers. I glide across the screen and let auto correct fix anything if I messed up.
    03-22-09 11:47 AM
    I guess I personally have gotten used to the clicking so when I play with my friend's iphone it just doesn't feel right to me
    03-22-09 12:15 PM
    I don't have an iPhone to compare to, but I looked at one when I bought my Curve and it seemed like more of a toy to me. Seems like to me that you have to pay for everything with an iPhone where there are lots of programs for my BB that are free, of course I've never researched iPhone apps!

I would never buy a new iPhone (or a Storm for that matter) because I am OCD about my screen! I don't want smudges or the such and wouldn't do well with something I had to touch all the time! Lol

03-22-09 12:24 PM
    I don't have an iPhone to compare to, but I looked at one when I bought my Curve and it seemed like more of a toy to me. Seems like to me that you have to pay for everything with an iPhone where there are lots of programs for my BB that are free, of course I've never researched iPhone apps!

I would never buy a new iPhone (or a Storm for that matter) because I am OCD about my screen! I don't want smudges or the such and wouldn't do well with something I had to touch all the time! Lol

There are WAY more free apps on iphone. Not to mention most BB apps that cost money are expensive as ****.

03-22-09 02:44 PM

Anti-glare screen protector fixes the smudge problem.
    03-22-09 03:41 PM
    There are WAY more free apps on iphone. Not to mention most BB apps that cost money are expensive as ****.

That's my biggest complaint. A lot of things that I had a free app for now cost money. Heck even from the SAME company they charge for a BB version and make the iPhone one free. Discrimination I tell you!

The iPhone is a great device, it does many many things. Being that it is a jack of all trades, some of the communication bits aren't as "right there" as a BB. Heck an iPhone takes like 3 clicks to even get to be able to make a call. Gimme my green button any day, it is a phone after all! I will admit that many of the media functions of a BB seem to be an after thought. I guess it's just the point of view you take. Do you want to communicate first and entertain later or entertain first and communicate later?

And yes, I've had my 16GB iPhone and now rock an 8330.
    03-22-09 04:21 PM
    I *hate* the iPhone b/c it's hard to type on and I can't use my finger nails like I can on my curve. I heart my long nails!
    03-22-09 10:36 PM
    My brother has a iPhone 2G and he loves it but personally i think its more show than go. Like ekinnee said its more of a multi media device first and a workhorse second (if you can even call it one). I personally do a lot of internet browsing and youtube viewing and i love it on my BB. I would never be able to use a full touch screen device, would just be way too annoying.
    03-22-09 10:40 PM
    Can we stop these ridiculous IPhone vs BlackBerry comparisons.
    They are different phones designed for different users, Neither is
    better than the other. It comes down to how they are used.
    03-22-09 11:22 PM
    Can we stop these ridiculous IPhone vs BlackBerry comparisons.
    They are different phones designed for different users, Neither is
    better than the other. It comes down to how they are used.
    I worry that if it was stopped now the fabric of the space time continuum would probably rip apart or something. But I'm with you. I think some owners of each device need a little too much validation.
    03-22-09 11:28 PM
    I agree. These iphone/blackberry threads are getting a little annoying.

The iphone is.... Nevermind(note to self, never reply to iphone/blackberry thread).

03-23-09 01:21 AM
    The iphone is.... Nevermind(note to self, never reply to iphone/blackberry thread).
    That right there brought a big a$$ smile to my face
    03-23-09 02:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD