Good on you all. My goal is to never have to carry 2 phones around with me. I guess I don't have important emails etc. I do find it funny that not one phone can be acceptable to use so many need to carry 2.

But whatever works.
    I want to carry 3 just to be different.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-23-15 04:29 PM
    I want to carry 3 just to be different.
    Go for it. I'm sure you have more lol.
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    12-23-15 04:39 PM
    I'll probably be on a similar setup soon. For personal use, I've become annoyed by the limitations that come with BB10 in terms of software compatibility, frankly, apps. For business use though, I can't imagine anything more convenient than a BlackBerry, plus I still am a big fan of physical keyboards for typing out mails.

So my intention is to get myself a new Android device for my personal use and I'll choose the Classic as my company issued phone, which is the only BlackBerry option offered.

Posted via CB10
    Jay Wright2 likes this.
    12-23-15 04:51 PM
    What productivity can the Passport achieve that the Priv can't? I don't see how the Passport is any more productive than the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 04:56 PM
    I'll probably be on a similar setup soon. For personal use, I've become annoyed by the limitations that come with BB10 in terms of software compatibility, frankly, apps. For business use though, I can't imagine anything more convenient than a BlackBerry, plus I still am a big fan of physical keyboards for typing out mails.

So my intention is to get myself a new Android device for my personal use and I'll choose the Classic as my company issued phone, which is the only BlackBerry option offered.

Posted via CB10
    Indeed

The BlackBerry Guy
    12-23-15 07:51 PM
    I have carried at least two phones for a long time. Now I carry 3.

Why? Well, I have three lines. One personal, and two for two different businesses. I have a BlackBerry Q5 on one business line, a new Droid 4.4.3 KitKat on my personal line, and a 9900 on the 2nd business line Bridged to a Playbook. I also have a Z30 that I sometimes swap-sims out for the Q5.

To me, BlackBerry is all business. I do not prefer it for a personal phone. Once I retire, it will be all Droid or iPhone. I now use the Droid as my weekend play phone and I like it very much for that. App-city if you need it. Big Screen. Fast Quad Core processor. What's not to like? But as long as I'm running two companies, I need BlackBerry. It's no problem for me to have more than one phone. It keeps things separate and it opens up more experience with platforms. I've used iPhone up to 9.x as I still have an iPhone 4s that I use for streaming music with no sim - it's basically an iPod now, and I have an iPad 2 that I Blend to my Q5. I have used Droid up to 4.4.3 KitKat. I've got huge experience with the 9900, the Playbook and the Q5/Z30 for BB10. This makes me very fluent on any phone that I pick up and use, and when it comes to buying a new phone, I know what I want.

No problem for me carrying three phones on three lines, so TWO phones is a walk in the park for me.
    12-23-15 08:00 PM
    What productivity can the Passport achieve that the Priv can't? I don't see how the Passport is any more productive than the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    To me at least, there's the following issues. The Priv is not offered in our company portfolio, plus it is a quite large device, just like the Passport is. So if I am already going to carry two devices, I want my business device to be compact and efficient.
    Then I also don't care too much about the specs because I can have all the good stuff in my private phone.

The only thing I'm not sure about at the moment is data roaming. When I'm abroad, I prefer to use business related data roaming on my business phone, as that is what it is intended for. But many of the online features on BB10 are quite limited too, like maps for example. So I'm not quite sure what to do yet.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 03:25 AM
    The Priv has well replaced my Passport for about 10 days. I mainly use the phone for work ,I have three email accounts and the hub and file sharing is as smooth as it was on my passport. The Pkb is of course smaller but I am getting used of it and I can write quite fast. My only complains : the battery life is not as good as in the passport so it will be hard to run it without recharge for a full busy day under GSM, and the amoled screen is not as readable as it was in my passport under direct sun light.
    12-24-15 11:12 AM
    The Priv has a micro SD card slot. Have you considered saving your iTunes from your desktop folder to the SD and jamming to your music from the Priv? I save my music and iTunes library to my SD cards and listen from there on my BlackBerry. Do this on my Samsung Tab Pro tablets as well with their SD capabilities.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    Couple reasons why I don't.

Music sounds better from my iPhone, than it does from the Priv. It is significantly louder and sound is much richer. I do have Apple Music on my Priv but I only use it if I don't have my iPhone. iPhone is much lighter and smaller and is therefore much easier to have on the road whilst listening. I don't like putting the Priv in my pocket tbh.

Secondly, it's just too much of a hassle to be constantly porting music when it's all done automatically on my iPhone. Don't want to buy into Google Play either. So my iPhone has kinda become my MP3 Player.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Blackberry Priv
    12-25-15 04:32 AM
34 12