Before BlackBerry I had a windows phone, I had windows phones since 2005 and always had a touch screen and keyboard.

I got my first BlackBerry in 2010 on sprint and it was the bold 9650. Many of my friends had it and when I looked at a person with a BlackBerry, they looked sophisticated. BlackBerry back then made me feel cool and business like. I used talk so much about BIS and the wonders of receiving emails instantly but never had any business emails coming in, I was only 23 and was still in college, so business emails weren't coming yet.

Every time I pulled out my BlackBerry, I did it with pride because even though I wasn't receiving business emails, the person on the other side did not know that.

In my opinion BlackBerry has lost that feeling of business like feel. Bb10 no longer has BIS and emails are not instant. Now that I finally receive business related emails, I don't have that instantness.

Today I don't know where BlackBerry stands, but I do know it still stands out but not for a good reason anymore. They have lost their way of attracting people. They don't have that brand power anymore.

BlackBerry thinks they know what the customers want but do not realize they have been wrong. They need to go back to the drawing board and make a list of what the customers want. Yes, I know we don't need full HD on a phone but some people will only buy a phone who is in a hardware competing war. Some of you may say, hell with them, we don't need them. But you are so wrong about that, we need everyone and anyone to buy BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 07:34 AM
    Yes, it's somewhat embarrassing to whip out a BlackBerry these days, but who cares?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 07:53 AM
    Yes, it's somewhat embarrassing to whip out a BlackBerry these days, but who cares?

Posted via CB10
    Embarrassing? Not for me! I pull it out with pride and when people look at it, they are like, "Wow! That's a BlackBerry? Can I see that?" What's so hot about pulling out the same phone as everyone else? One phone rings and twenty people look around and check their phones... No thanks!
    10-01-13 07:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't even think about that. It's my phone, does what I need better than others and as far as I'm concerned it's a tool not a status symbol.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 08:01 AM
    Whatever smartphone I'm using, I use with pride. That happens to be my Z10. I've been around and used Blackberries long before and throughout all the highs and lows of RIM BlackBerry. JMO. Be as excited as you were the first time you purchased one. Adults use whatever they want to use. When I get bored, I'll use one of my others cells because "I" want to and for no other reason. Otherwise, ppl will harrass you until you make a decision based on what "they" like/dislike.
    10-01-13 08:04 AM
    Having my z makes me different lol! And most of my friends wants to touch ..

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 08:08 AM
    Like you, OP, I started out on Windows Phones, the Blackjack ll then the Jack. I decided that I wanted not only a physical keyboard but also a touch screen. At that time there was only one windows phone that had both, and it was not very stable.

So I looked around and started reading about the coming 9800 here on CrackBerry. When my upgrade time came, I got it and was very pleased. I don't consider the "coolness" of a phone, but whether the phone meets my needs. That need was clear phone calls in areas without great coverage (my BlackBerry was definitely a big improvement on my Jack), email, text, etc.

Since then I have moved on to the 9810, and now the Z10. I get some teasing from my IT guy, but only in good fun. He was Windows 6, then iPhone, and he next is gonna jump to Android. The main IT guys at the insurance company I write for can't understand why I chose a BlackBerry, but after I show them what it can do they are impressed. However they will stick with their iPhone and Android devices.

All that to say, what does it matter what people think. Get a phone that meets your needs. Now BlackBerry has done everything possible to commit suicide in the consumer market. They didn't recognize what challenges and opportunities the iPhone presented. They tried to make their Java based OS do what it wasn't intended to do and thus waited too long to bring BB10 to the table. They had phone issues, delays, and over promised and under delivered (in some cases they didn't deliver at all, i.e. BB10 to the PlayBook) . And they seem to have a low skill level when it comes to marketing.

It is sad to witness, but in this case BlackBerry is reaping what it has sown. It is not the first time it has happened to a company, and it won't be the last time. Hopefully they can survive and thrive as a private entity, a niche player in the tech world.

In the meantime, I will continue rocking my Z10 with pride because it does what I need it to do and does it better than any BlackBerry phone I have had to date.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    10-01-13 08:31 AM
    I make sure my new Q10 is seen. I'm proud to own a Blackberry. As others said I have no interest in pulling out the same rectangle shaped device as everyone else. (no offense to the Z10).

I've had androids, iphones, and other blackberry devices. Before smartphones I was a Nokia and motorola user through and through. At ome point I only bought motorola because they at the time looked great and worked great for my needs.

Now I've been through many smartphones but Blackberry works for me. It works well. It meets and exceeds my needs. Sure sometimes people jokingly say "wait is that a blackberry?" but who cares. Fashion/status wise it makes you stand out, maybe shows you choose what you want not what everyone else wants. More importantly it's about what works for you. How many iPhone users really don't like their phone but use it because "well everyone has it so it must be good."

Choose the devices and products you want as they suit your life and needs. Whether you care about looks or functionality or both, use what you want.

I look at my Blackberry as the best damn smartphone I've ever used and it works perfectly for my daily needs in a smartphone. As an added bonus it stands out and isn't just part of the sea of rectangles.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    10-01-13 08:41 AM
    I started on a bold 8900 thought it was so cool,now I have my z10 and am very happy with.i have however only ever saw one more in the wild so to speak !!bad poor marketing
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    10-01-13 08:45 AM
    Don't get me wrong, I love my Z10 and def will not trade it for anything at the time being. But I wanted BlackBerry to read this thread and let them know to listen to what customers want.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 10:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    I chuckled at this lol.
    For those who are not in the US don't know the feeling and where we are coming from.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 10:03 AM
    no matter where i go id be proud to take out my blackberry id rather be 10 feet under then own another andriod device ever

id rather stick out then be in a crowd of sheep

but no i dont really get any looks of disgust for using a blackberry here they arent as uncool as the us here yet but the iphones are everywhere so the time is coming sadly but least iphones are better to look at then galaxy s4/3
    10-01-13 06:33 PM
    A friend of mine who works as IT once i showed my Q10 on a windowshop said to me "yeah..but there are no apps..." and seemed definitely not interested (he is an Android CyanogenMod fan).
    Few weeks later as i had it on the table of a bar:
    "Oh! It's one of the new Blackberries! It looks good! Ah i like retro illuminated keyboards..."
    As i showed the OS and instant actions he seemed more interested but when i told him about how easy was the sideloading of Android apps then he seemed totally convinced and asked me about the price!
    In a nutshell: show your Blackberry even to the more skeptical and they first get the hefty look then see that the OS is elegant and efficient and at last they understand that Android apps are here to fill the gap of a struggling new born OS Appstore.
    (lastly they stole him his laptop and smartphone on a train... i think Blackberry gained a new customer!)

Posted via CB10
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    10-01-13 07:15 PM
    I pull my BlackBerry out with pride every time!

Posted via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1761
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    10-01-13 07:19 PM
    BlackBerry knows what its core consumers want. I've never thought of myself as "proud" to use a BlackBerry, but I guess subconsciously I am...and I've never been the least bit embarrassed to own one.

It's becoming clear that BlackBerry is DONE trying to cater to the people who compare it to an iPhone or Android. They will probably go in a different direction, and continue to give its core user base more of the things we come to expect.

I was originally put off by BIS not being on BlackBerry10, but once I got a BlackBerry10 device, I realized I was worried for nothing. I get Outlook and iCloud emails delivered on my Q10 or Z10 as instantly as I get them on my Mac Book Pro and iPod touch.

Pretty soon the "BlackBerry can't compete with iPhone and Android" argument will probably be dead, because BlackBerry won't be competing with them--They will be on their own level, leaving Google and Apple to fight over who makes the best device for everyday consumers.

Then finally, people will have to stop saying "BlackBerry doesn't understand what consumers want," because consumers won't be their focus anymore. To put it bluntly, BlackBerry won't be concerned about what consumers want anymore. They can't keep wasting time and money with this uphill battle.

They will probably go full steam ahead in trying to get business, financial, and security apps on their platform, with Instagram/Netflix/Candy Crush being put on the back burner. Their devices will be for business/government/enterprise, and any one of us who want to buy them from them or our carriers online, and I will continue to buy them and be "proud" of owning one.
    10-01-13 07:28 PM
    I chuckled at this lol.
    For those who are not in the US don't know the feeling and where we are coming from.

Posted via CB10
    Live in the US and not at all. This is my first BlackBerry. And all I get is people who are, at first, pleasantly surprised that my phone is a BlackBerry. Then, when they use it for a bit, they are pretty impressed at the cool features.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    10-01-13 08:37 PM
    Live in the US and not at all. This is my first BlackBerry. And all I get is people who are, at first, pleasantly surprised that my phone is a BlackBerry. Then, when they use it for a bit, they are pretty impressed at the cool features.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    This! +1

Posted via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1761
    10-01-13 10:36 PM