Read my lips, or my mind, I really want Blackberry to succeed and to go up in market share, but if you asked me if I wanted Blackberry to be number one? I would have given you a straight no.

It's simple, look at Apple and how powerhungry it has become since the iPhone took off. Overpriced phones, services and media content, left and right. Apple knows they have the ability to fix prices and to me that is disgusting business. Their recent charge for fixing E-book prices is a result of incumbent power turned bad.

So, no, I want Blackberry to be cool, but not number one, if it means I will be able to enjoy my phones for every cent I pay for them. There should never be a competing brand to curb Blackberry ever, like Android is to iOS, and Microsoft, you can take third spot for all I care.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    taylorblackberry and keypad like this.
    07-10-13 09:46 PM
    I have to say that the Shareholders will not like this one bit. LoL

Posted via CB10 from my B@d@ss Z10
    jegs2 and Dzyen like this.
    07-10-13 11:11 PM
    I agree in the sense that we shouldn't go mainstream, but we should still have a name in the game...
    07-10-13 11:14 PM
    thank you OP i thought i was the only one. i want them to succeed to me they make good phone that's why i got their product anyway
    07-10-13 11:20 PM
    I want them to go back to 2009 days. They were like one of the most successful companies, everyone had their phones, but not everyone had the same one, and BlackBerry certainly wasn't power hungry.
    Amy wineBerry and shellnsean like this.
    07-11-13 12:57 AM
    I want them to go back to 2009 days. They were like one of the most successful companies, everyone had their phones, but not everyone had the same one, and BlackBerry certainly wasn't power hungry.
    I hope the do release a new BB7 device. That way we can spread the family of BlackBerry to everyone of every preference!! I honestly hope they keep making all of the current bb7 phones alongside BB10

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    shellnsean likes this.
    07-11-13 01:27 AM
    I'd also say number one is really not necessary, however a complete change of overall marketshare would be nice, especially for us customers:

Getting both Android as well as iOS down to 25% to 30% max marketshare is the first step. Both Windows Phone and Blackberry should get up to roughly 15% to 20%. This would eliminate a couple of problems, especially in terms of applications. If we virtually have four interesting and powerful plattforms, developers need to create their apps for all of them. Currently they just need to develop for Android and iOS to cover more than 80% of the customers. Needless to say, and we all experience this at the moment, users who choose a different plattform are suffering from apps being not available.

Last but not least it still leaves much room for innovation, allowing all four competing plattforms to develop in a healthy way. So the actual goal for both Microsoft and Blackberry should not really be reaching number three position, but rather tear down that duopoly we have at the moment.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    rtang1007 and Speedygi like this.
    07-11-13 01:59 AM
    I'd also say number one is really not necessary, however a complete change of overall marketshare would be nice, especially for us customers:

Getting both Android as well as iOS down to 25% to 30% max marketshare is the first step. Both Windows Phone and Blackberry should get up to roughly 15% to 20%. This would eliminate a couple of problems, especially in terms of applications. If we virtually have four interesting and powerful plattforms, developers need to create their apps for all of them. Currently they just need to develop for Android and iOS to cover more than 80% of the customers. Needless to say, and we all experience this at the moment, users who choose a different plattform are suffering from apps being not available.

Last but not least it still leaves much room for innovation, allowing all four competing plattforms to develop in a healthy way. So the actual goal for both Microsoft and Blackberry should not really be reaching number three position, but rather tear down that duopoly we have at the moment.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    Apps are a good point, well said.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 02:15 AM
    Stay Foolish, Stay Arrogant
    - Blackberry

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 02:19 AM
    What are these apps you guys speak of. I sideload and all because these big name apps are the things in line right now. I personally get bored of these so called big apps and even more bored searching for apps to download. I really dont no y apps are such big problems beside game apps and multimedia.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 02:20 AM
    The only advantage of being on top of (not so realistically) Android and (more realistically) iOS is the possibility of having more of the top apps appearing on there.

Other than that, not very much...

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 02:23 AM
    What are these apps you guys speak of. I sideload and all because these big name apps are the things in line right now. I personally get bored of these so called big apps and even more bored searching for apps to download. I really dont no y apps are such big problems beside game apps and multimedia.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with ya. But you gotta admit having those big apps do provide a big draw to users and consumers.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 02:28 AM
    I'm with ya. But you gotta admit having those big apps do provide a big draw to users and consumers.

Posted via CB10
    True that....I Just spoke out of personal preference

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 02:37 AM
    Developers won't develop for all of them, though. If they do their costs will increase dramatically, and if they don't their market will shrink and maybe they decide not to do projects they would have done with the duopoly market as it is now. You know, the home computer market used to be that way, as did the console gaming market, with lots of competitors and spotty software availability for each platform, and yet each eventually shrunk to a couple of big guns with huge program libraries. Having a "standard platform" is a tremendous benefit for independent software developers, and it could be that that's the natural state that these markets will always tend to fall back to. Just some ramblings.
    07-11-13 03:38 AM
    It's simple, look at Apple and how powerhungry it has become since the iPhone took off. Overpriced phones, services and media content, left and right.
    1) Have you seen the price of the Q5 lately?
    2) Did you see the price of the Z10? Head to head with the iPhone & Samsungs of the world, not so head to head in features & apps
    3) Did you see the price of the Playbook at launch before the write down? Head to head with the iPad.
    4) Have you seen the prices of some of the apps in Blackberry World compare to Google Play & Appworld?

Sorry... who did you say was over priced and under delivering?
    brucep1, jegs2, TgeekB and 2 others like this.
    07-11-13 04:09 AM
    Well, I don't see it coming soon, so no need to worry about it. We are safe and sound at the bottom - the little good guys

--------------------

Calorie Monitor Pro for Z10, Q10, Q5 and PlayBook
    07-11-13 04:19 AM
    Sorry... who did you say was over priced and under delivering?
    He didn't say anyone was "overpriced and under delivering", he said "over-priced".

If you didn't like the price of the Z10 in the beginning, you just had to wait a while. The phone is currently selling for far less than I paid for mine, but funnily enough, I don't care. I got the phone I wanted with the features I wanted and needed.

And at least the price came down... unlike Apple's products which don't seem to be lowering in price (except when they've been replaced by newer products) AND they're fixing prices for 3rd party sellers and e-books.

Si.
    07-11-13 04:50 AM
    Its not gonna be number one.It just needs to get much more market share.Im quite happy with BB being like a fashion house type brand your versaces,ysl,ralph laurens,cavalli etc.Its not churning out high numbers but making alot of money and only bought by certain type of people.Being that exclusive cool.That's what BB need to do build slow.
    07-11-13 05:24 AM
    Read my lips, or my mind, I really want Blackberry to succeed and to go up in market share, but if you asked me if I wanted Blackberry to be number one? I would have given you a straight no.

It's simple, look at Apple and how powerhungry it has become since the iPhone took off. Overpriced phones, services and media content, left and right. Apple knows they have the ability to fix prices and to me that is disgusting business. Their recent charge for fixing E-book prices is a result of incumbent power turned bad.

So, no, I want Blackberry to be cool, but not number one, if it means I will be able to enjoy my phones for every cent I pay for them. There should never be a competing brand to curb Blackberry ever, like Android is to iOS, and Microsoft, you can take third spot for all I care.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure you will not have to worry about BlackBerry being number one.

BlackBerry will make sure they aren't. They have done a great job at insuring this so far.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-11-13 07:11 AM
    He didn't say anyone was "overpriced and under delivering", he said "over-priced".

If you didn't like the price of the Z10 in the beginning, you just had to wait a while. The phone is currently selling for far less than I paid for mine, but funnily enough, I don't care. I got the phone I wanted with the features I wanted and needed.

And at least the price came down... unlike Apple's products which don't seem to be lowering in price (except when they've been replaced by newer products) AND they're fixing prices for 3rd party sellers and e-books.

Si.
    And I never said "I didn't like the price"

I made a comparison between BB & Apple pricing, BB are naive enough to actually think their value matches Apple in terms of offerings.

Blackberry under deliver, the OP didn't have to say it, its largely clear in many attributes we've witnessed as of late. This is the very reason why ALL BB products devalue once the market has tested them, consumers barely react (2.4 million), therefore it drops in price.

Supply & demand, obviously not enough demand.
    07-11-13 07:32 AM
    I'm pretty sure you will not have to worry about BlackBerry being number one.

BlackBerry will make sure they aren't. They have done a great job at insuring this so far.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    Ouch...

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 09:56 AM

Si.
    This really has nothing to do with the company itself..it's supply and demand
    07-11-13 10:01 AM
    This really has nothing to do with the company itself..it's supply and demand
    Yes but Apple makes an accessory for everything. New lightning adapter? $30. HDMI adapter? $30, etc. Apple is a very capitalistic and money hungry company due to supply and demand.

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10
    07-11-13 11:48 AM
    Accidently quoted myself... delete post please!
    07-11-13 11:49 AM
    I think that if BlackBerry became number one, but only had 20% market share it would be a totally different story and you wouldn't have the same unfortunate scenario that is being played out at Apple.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 01:08 PM
47 12