I just got back from spending a week in South Beach for WMC. Despite my lingering hangover and going through sleep withdraw, I am happy to report some stuff I saw while down there. I made another post recently about how Blackberry is still going strong in the celebrity world and last week only supported that. Along with a lot of Lamborghini's and monstrous yachts I saw a lot of people using Blackberry's, surprisingly a lot of them were new ones too like the Bold 9900 and the new Curve. Seeing these devices in the hands of celebrities, athletes, millionaire business people who travel the world and even the entire ownership group of a big club I frequent, made me think that RIM is going to be alright.

As I stated before all RIM has to do is get the word out (and maybe even prototypes) to these types of clients about Blackberry 10 and they will see it take off. I am shocked at how many people I talk to about Blackberry have NO clue about QNX and RIM's upcoming software and phones. RIM HAS to start promoting this NOW in my opinion so people see that its just around the corner and they hang on and get excited. If the people who have money get excited about the new Blackberry it will become "cool" again and I really do think RIM will have a quick turnaround.
    up488 likes this.
    03-27-12 01:36 PM
    Great info, thanks for posting. RIM will be in Orlando in may to talk about the future of Blackberry & BB10.
    03-27-12 03:35 PM
    I agree they need to start BB10 advertising now. Start subtle and over the months build to a climax

Talking about celebrities - RIM should make some BB10 ads to play in movie theatres before the movie starts
    03-27-12 03:48 PM
    They do need to start advertising... But no ads like they have for the bold!
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    03-27-12 04:20 PM
    They only need to start advertising if they can keep it real and no promises. They also must have it out by the time they all ready said or before.
    03-27-12 04:24 PM
    Good marketing is the key...take the playbook for example..they should show just how versatile it is for example..to cover all bases they could start a advertisement by showing some business person commuting to work using his playbook to show his calendar for the daily appointments..then doing his sideshow in a conference while plugged into a wide screen at his office.....fast forward to getting home and his teenage daughter taking it from him to message her friends or play a game....onto being on a family campground and checking the forecast on the Internet via tethered to a 9900......then probably ending off with him and his kids talking too his spouse who is deployed overseas via video chat..of course I am being broad and just examples
    Stewartj1 and scott.slater like this.
    03-27-12 07:00 PM
    Good marketing is the key...take the playbook for example..they should show just how versatile it is for example..to cover all bases they could start a advertisement by showing some business person commuting to work using his playbook to show his calendar for the daily appointments..then doing his sideshow in a conference while plugged into a wide screen at his office.....fast forward to getting home and his teenage daughter taking it from him to message her friends or play a game....onto being on a family campground and checking the forecast on the Internet via tethered to a 9900......then probably ending off with him and his kids talking too his spouse who is deployed overseas via video chat..of course I am being broad and just examples
    It would make an excellent ad exactly as you've laid it out. If only RIM would do it.
    LMG1963 likes this.
    03-27-12 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD